Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    VikingsFan1234 is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    He has more downside than AJ Jefferson. No thanks, not a good move. We need to get better in the secondary, not worse.
    It is only for depth, I would agree that it would not be a good move if he was starting

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Vikings sign CB Derek Cox

He was decent with the Jags. He had a down year maybe with the wrong system. I am thinking a steal!

purpleblood32 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    Cox signing puzzeles me ,wonder if zim gave his imput or spielman did this one on his own

Rage4Order is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by marstc09 View Post
    He was decent with the Jags. He had a down year maybe with the wrong system. I am thinking a steal!
    My thoughts exactly!!

MaxVike is online now Team Alumni
    Nothing wrong with competition for a roster spot. The more competition, the better. Way too early to think of this particular move as anything more.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Yeah he struggled in San Diego,but he was really good in Jacksonville. He actually made a pro bowl in 2010, so that tells me he is talented, maybe he just needs a good staff to push him to his full potential.. I like this signing

313zoe is offline Starter
    Blog Entries

Vikings sign CB Derek Cox

Tha vikings should sign Dominique Rodgers Cromartie and our secondary would be much improve

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer
    Cheap, kick the tires move. Bleacher Report breakdown of his game in 2013 suggests a guy who isn't spending enough time in the film room, doesn't have a feel for the position. Maybe he isn't too bright, don't remember his draft profile. Apparently looked good enough to SD to pay him last season, but the BR report suggested the guy is clueless.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

MaxVike is online now Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepat View Post
    Cheap, kick the tires move. Bleacher Report breakdown of his game in 2013 suggests a guy who isn't spending enough time in the film room, doesn't have a feel for the position. Maybe he isn't too bright, don't remember his draft profile. Apparently looked good enough to SD to pay him last season, but the BR report suggested the guy is clueless.
    A couple of links for profile info…

Derek Cox*|*William & Mary,*CB*:*2009 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

National Football League: NFL Draft 2009 - Derek Cox

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepat View Post
    Cox played well enough in the Jacksonville system. Learning the system in San Diego may have been a problem for him. He just may not have been a good fit there either. Cox plays the ball, and I hope the system in Minnesota allows him to do that.

Vikings fans certainly know that a system can make defensive backs look worse than they are. Some systems expose the DBs to being stranded on the island, and not many DBs can live out there for too long.

If Cox stays healthy and can learn the system, he could do well in Minnesota. I dislike one year contracts, but this is a low risk pick up with good potential for a positive outcome.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast