Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Vikings to sign 3 more Free Agents?

Came across this on another Viking Board...

Per Doctolero on KFAN, former San Francisco 1st Round bust WR Rashaun Woods was practicing with the Vikes today. Apparently, he was all buddy buddy on the sideline today with his old receiving coach Darrell Wyatt, who just so happens to be our receivers coach. Not that unexpected or exciting, he's depth if in fact the ink is drying on his contract as we speak.

It is also being reported that the much awaited signing of QB A.J. Feeley is expected to happen within the next few days. McMahon will not play on Thursday, and although it is said to be because they want to try out O'Sullivan, the real reason is that Tarvaris Jackson has officially beaten him out for the #2 QB position. There is no reason to keep him around as a #3 QB and that is where A.J. comes in. Cheaper. Better. Altogether happier. Don't forget, not only is Feeley a Childress boy...he is also a Rick Spielman boy. It's gonna happen folks.

Another hot one making the rounds is that the Vikings may shop a future 6th or 7th round pick to Philadelphia for WR Todd Pinkston. This, as much as we probably don't like it, is most likely gonna happen as well. The Vikes may wait for his release, but if other teams get hot to trot for him and they don't want to take a chance, look for them to send Philly a small token of affection for a glorified gift.

Now noone flame me if none of these happen/happened.However they seem pretty realistic IMO.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Vikings to sign 3 more Free Agents?

So Rashaun Woods was the mystery WR, huh?
    Not a huge surprise.
    He isn't much, but depth is always good at WR.

This is a little more solid info regarding AJ Feely, although I am still not going to hold my breath.

And yes, Childress and Pinky have the Philly connection, but hopefully Coach Childress learned his lesson after McMahon...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

I'm not so sure about the first guy, but us signing Feeley is a good move.. I think he fits into this system well.. I hope he signs, and McMahon, and O'Sucksalot get the boot..

I also wouldn't mind Pinkston.. He would be a cheaper option then Branch, but I still like the idea of Branch in purple.. Lets just wait it out and see what happens..

Formo is offline Team Alumni

I like all these moves with one exception...

They better not send anything higher than a 6th round pick for Pinkston.

Otherwise, adding more depth to our WR position is a nice touch, and Pinkston could be a nice addition with knowing the offense.

I think it's common sense that Feely > McMahan.
    Mike has been HORRIBLE, and if we do get Feely, I won't be so nervous if BJ gets hurt.
    I know T-Jack will be at least a solid QB in our future, but if Brad gets hurt early this season, it wouldn't be the most intellegent move to start Jackson.
    Give him a full year of learning the system and being molded by BJ and Childress, THEN start him next year.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

Torontovik15 is offline Rookie

I really hope they dont waste a pick on Todd pinkston, he is useless.
    My next door neighbour is a huge philly fan, I used to laugh at all the time TP dropped the ball cause he was afraid to get hit.
    100% useless especially in a short pass offence.

I like the signing of another QB, someone better to TJ to learn from other then mister incomplete passer.
    What we got here is a failure to communicate.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Sounds like good depth moves...especially Feeley...so that we can jettison McNotaman and probably O'Sucksalot!
    Stinkston is a wash...a 4th WR at best...and maybe not even as good as Jason Carter or some of the other guys that have been busting their butts in training camp...same goes for Rashaun Woods.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I know T-Jack will be at least a solid QB in our future, but if Brad gets hurt early this season, it wouldn't be the most intellegent move to start Jackson.
    Give him a full year of learning the system and being molded by BJ and Childress, THEN start him next year.

I agree with you.
    IF we pick up Feeley, I would not be surprised to see him in the #2 slot... at least at the beginning of the season.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

ranasrule is offline Rookie

I think we should sign WOODS...i mean he was a 1st round pick and was thrown into a terrible situation is SF...also he was cut this year because he was injured and couldn't practice much....Feely would be the perfect No3 QB......and GOD i hope we don't sign Pinkston, i hate the guy hes a total wuss.

oakmage is offline Starter

Personally I would prefer Freely over either of the other two never-beens that are currently on the roster

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    Came across this on another Viking Board...

Per Doctolero on KFAN, former San Francisco 1st Round bust WR Rashaun Woods was practicing with the Vikes today. Apparently, he was all buddy buddy on the sideline today with his old receiving coach Darrell Wyatt, who just so happens to be our receivers coach. Not that unexpected or exciting, he's depth if in fact the ink is drying on his contract as we speak.

It is also being reported that the much awaited signing of QB A.J. Feeley is expected to happen within the next few days. McMahon will not play on Thursday, and although it is said to be because they want to try out O'Sullivan, the real reason is that Tarvaris Jackson has officially beaten him out for the #2 QB position. There is no reason to keep him around as a #3 QB and that is where A.J. comes in. Cheaper. Better. Altogether happier. Don't forget, not only is Feeley a Childress boy...he is also a Rick Spielman boy. It's gonna happen folks.

Another hot one making the rounds is that the Vikings may shop a future 6th or 7th round pick to Philadelphia for WR Todd Pinkston. This, as much as we probably don't like it, is most likely gonna happen as well. The Vikes may wait for his release, but if other teams get hot to trot for him and they don't want to take a chance, look for them to send Philly a small token of affection for a glorified gift.

Now noone flame me if none of these happen/happened.However they seem pretty realistic IMO.
    Is that all per the dude on KFAN? That's nuts...that's a lot of moves to be making the 4th week of preseason! I think they're all beneficial though.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast