Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    davike is offline Team Alumni

Re: Vikings showcase Moore for deal

Our running back are going to get allot of use this year....it will be pretty nice to have a decent back like Memo to fall back on when AP and CT need a break. I would be shocked if they both went without injury this year. Then we also have Pinner and Fason to pick up for us as well.

I think the coaches are intrigued by Fason so my geuss is that if they decide to cut someone it would be Pinner....but then that Lions game last year really helped his cause, so who knows what going to happen. I doubt they will trade Memo anyways....he can do everything.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Mr" wrote:
    That's too bad if we're trying to ship him off. I really like Mewelde Moore, never a word out of him even though everytime he touches the ball he lights it up.

If we can trade him for a solid RT or to Jacksonville for Reggie Williams I'll be happy. If he's really available for peanuts we should be able to make that trade.
    I like Memo as well, however, something keeps coming back to me....

The last 5 games last year.
    What did he do when we needed him when CT went down.
    He was almost transparent.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    That's too bad if we're trying to ship him off. I really like Mewelde Moore, never a word out of him even though everytime he touches the ball he lights it up.

If we can trade him for a solid RT or to Jacksonville for Reggie Williams I'll be happy. If he's really available for peanuts we should be able to make that trade.

Thats a good point...IMO Memo is a RB that works best when you use him like we did last year. He was a nice compliment to Taylor and he was brilliant on screens. But what did happen to Memo then?

KevinK is offline Starter

I like MM..... imagine if we could get one descent kicker; we have 5 great runningbacks!
    lets trade pinner/ moore/ fasson for help in other areas of the team.
    Not all of them but just let go of one of them.....KevinK

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"davike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:

Thats a good point...IMO Memo is a RB that works best when you use him like we did last year. He was a nice compliment to Taylor and he was brilliant on screens. But what did happen to Memo then?
    EXACTLY. Everytime MeMo has had a chance to be THE guy, he has absolutely blown it. He is a solid change of pace guy, but will never be a feature back. His most value for us comes as a PR.

The fact we are shopping him means Pinner and Fason are great backups, which we already knew. As far as replacing his returning skills that is a huge question mark.

MeMo hopefully has good trade value, and if he is traded I doubt he'll be missed. We have two premier backs and Pinner can do everything that Moore can on offense.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

I'd rather keep Moore than Fason, he is much more versatile. How can you say Fason is a great backup? What has he done?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

"C" wrote:
    I'd rather keep Moore than Fason, he is much more versatile. How can you say Fason is a great backup? What has he done?
    Fason is a good up the middle runner. he'll do good behiend our Oline if he has to play. That would mean if we traded moore away then we'd use the TE's more as receiving then blocking.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

"C" wrote:
    Chicago game last year when Taylor went down we turned to Fason....he had 11 rushes for 75 yards and 1 TD.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Well, I sure hope they get something better than a Bollinger or a McMullen for him!!
    And, I don't see who can return better for us...MeMo's just straight got some moves!!
    True, he doesn't have the strength to be a true featured back, but he's got good hands, and can shake a guy loose at the next level.

My guess is they're taking offers...probably always.
    My question for Clayton and Reggie would be, WHY are their current teams so willing to part ways.
    IF there was a serious upgrade for RG, maybe, but then we're still looking at the whole learning curve again.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"davike" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    Chicago game last year when Taylor went down we turned to Fason....he had 11 rushes for 75 yards and 1 TD.
    OK....

75 whole yards?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast