Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    When have you ever seen me stoop so low as to call another fan stupid my friend? Its a discussion point, nothing more, nothing less.
    I am not sure what your agenda is lately.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by marstc09 View Post
    I am not sure what your agenda is lately.
    Don't have a agenda. Never have. Just like to talk football. Besides, I haven't been on much lately to even drive an agenda even if I did haveone.

On a side note, you took umbraige with that comment, but if you read the article (like you told someone else to do) you would see it flows with a point the author was making.

Again, a topic of discussion related to the thread, nothing more, nothing less.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Don't have a agenda. Never have. Just like to talk football. Besides, I haven't been on much lately to even drive an agenda even if I did haveone.

On a side note, you took umbraige with that comment, but if you read the article (like you told someone else to do) you would see it flows with a point the author was making.

Again, a topic of discussion related to the thread, nothing more, nothing less.
    I didn't tell anyone to do anything. The point the author was trying to make is that the Vikings failed to address the OL for many years just like I have said for years. (and Singer) It flows with nothing you said.
    Last edited by marstc09; 11-23-2011 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    My point is there are plenty of serviceable veterans and also guys in the 2nd - 5th round that we could get and make a very good line if we had the right scheme, the right coaches and if they choose the players wisely and get guys who compliment each other.

That being said i feel a shut down corner would provide a bigger impact on the team than a top RT.
    Two excellent points. Just one quick question.........

If, (BIG DAMN IF) Cook comes back next year, would you be good with Cook(LCB), Asher (RCB) and Griff (Nickle) as a starting point and look a bit deeper in the draft for a CB? Maybe a Gilmore or a Fletcher?

I think that the shitcanning of BB makes WR a pretty high priority that could be satisfied by a later pick as well, but you do have some options at CB but very little on the roster at WR. Truth is, you probably have to go out and get atleast 2 (Field Stretcher and a Possesion/Red Zone) on the roster to help Percy out next year.

I like the prospects of:

a. WR Blackmon or Jeffrey with the first pick. Both are Plex/Rice type of possesion guys.
    b. DT Ta'Amu (2nd round)/DT Geathers (3rd Round)
    c. OT Sanders or Adcock (can you imagine the fun we would have with that name) in the 3rd if you take DT in the second.

Again, as always, I'm on my soapbox about the lack of pressure our DT's are getting up the middle. K-dubb flashed last weekend, but you also saw the LT handle JA all by himself cause all he had to do was take him deep each and every pass play allowing the QB to step up into a damn clean pocket.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

I didn't tell anyone to do anything. The point the author was trying to make is that the Vikings failed to address the OL for many years just like I have said for years. (and Singer) It flows with nothing you said.
    Now you sound like Singer.......Failed to address.

Tell me another team that has burned more top picks that the Vikes and tell me how well they are doing?

Again, my example was the sack/hit rate on Rodgers (one team that has burned more and the authors example) vs the league avg.

Again, trying to solve our issues by drafting high won't fix anything. Coaches have to coach role players (RB/TE) in their role and the O-coord needs to make better decisions on play calling based on defensive sets.

As I said, why have 3 TE's on the field when they have their base defense in. Why not go 3 wide and catch them trying to cover a RB out of the backfield or Percy in a screen (like last week)?

Mystifies me why you don't think that flows.

A little link for your research pleasure..... Number equals how many 1rst, 2nd and 3rd roung picks each team has used over the last 11 years and kindof negates the whole "Failed to Address" notion that the Vikes are completely ignoring thier OL by not drafting OLmen with top picks. Truth of the matter (some call it reality) is that they are at, or about what the rest of the league does and the teams that are ahead of us in numbers have shittier OL's than we do.

Buf 6
    Car 7
    Chi 8
    Cin 7
    Ind 7
    Cards 9
    Dal 7
    Den 6
    Det 7
    GB 9
    Hou 4
    Jax 6
    Kan 6
    Mia 7
    NO 7
    NE 9
    Giants 7
    Jets 6
    Phil 10 (Seriously, you seen that line play)
    Pit 11 (again, you seen these cats)
    Raiders 8
    SD 7
    Sea 10 (LOL)
    SF 7
    Tampa 6
    Wash 8
    All-Time Draft Listing: T 1980 -- 2011 - Pro-Football-Reference.com
    Last edited by Marrdro; 11-23-2011 at 12:26 PM.

Now you sound like Singer.......Failed to address.

Tell me another team that has burned more top picks that the Vikes and tell me how well they are doing?

Again, my example was the sack/hit rate on Rodgers (one team that has burned more and the authors example) vs the league avg.

Again, trying to solve our issues by drafting high won't fix anything. Coaches have to coach role players (RB/TE) in their role and the O-coord needs to make better decisions on play calling based on defensive sets.

As I said, why have 3 TE's on the field when they have their base defense in. Why not go 3 wide and catch them trying to cover a RB out of the backfield or Percy in a screen (like last week)?

Mystifies me why you don't think that flows.
    I sound like Singer cause I tend to sound like people with common sense.

Are you seriously comparing Ponder to Aaron Rodgers?! A future HOF and the best QB in the league! No wonder you are confused.

Drafting high leads to talent most of the time. Our OL is not talented. Talented players fix untalented ones. Mystifies me how you can understand that.

Coaches and play calling does not cause untalented players. It is clear from watching the game that the players are not making the blocks.

Why the hell would we go 3 wide? We already have a shitty line. That would be a disaster. You can't screen on every play. You act like Ponder will be able to exploit that. Please tell me how a low completion % passer with be able to do that consistently with no protection?

I see how you are confused. lol

A little link for your research pleasure..... Number equals how many 1rst, 2nd and 3rd roung picks each team has used over the last 11 years and kindof negates the whole "Failed to Address" notion that the Vikes are completely ignoring thier OL by not drafting OLmen with top picks. Truth of the matter (some call it reality) is that they are at, or about what the rest of the league does and the teams that are ahead of us in numbers have shittier OL's than we do.

Buf 6
    Car 7
    Chi 8
    Cin 7
    Ind 7
    Cards 9
    Dal 7
    Den 6
    Det 7
    GB 9
    Hou 4
    Jax 6
    Kan 6
    Mia 7
    NO 7
    NE 9
    Giants 7
    Jets 6
    Phil 10 (Seriously, you seen that line play)
    Pit 11 (again, you seen these cats)
    Raiders 8
    SD 7
    Sea 10 (LOL)
    SF 7
    Tampa 6
    Wash 8
    All-Time Draft Listing: T 1980 -- 2011 - Pro-Football-Reference.com
    This means nothing. First of all it is only T. Second, 1980-2011?! LMFAO. Child please. 3rd, all teams are different. One word...talent scouts.
    Last edited by marstc09; 11-23-2011 at 01:07 PM.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Not sure where those stats are and I didn't see the Vikings even listed in there but here is another link from the site that shows how many players the Vikings have drafted in the 6 rounds since 2000.

1 2010 5 161 Chris DeGeare G MIN 0 0 0 Wake Forest
    2 2009 2 54 Phil Loadholt T MIN 2009 2011 0 0 3 14 41 Oklahoma
    3 2008 6 187 John Sullivan C MIN 2008 2011 0 0 3 13 55 Notre Dame
    4 2006 2 51 Ryan Cook C MIN 2006 2011 0 0 2 14 73 New Mexico
    5 2005 2 49 Marcus Johnson G MIN 2005 2009 0 0 1 7 53 Mississippi
    6 2004 4 115 Nat Dorsey T MIN 2004 2007 0 0 1 6 40 Georgia Tech
    7 2002 1 7 Bryant McKinnie T MIN 2002 2011 0 1 10 56 142 Miami (FL)
    8 2002 4 132 Edward Ta'amu G MIN 0 0 0 Utah

So in a decade plus one the team has drafted 8 players on the OL and out of those players drafted 2 are on the team and both are no more than marginal players at best. (Herrera was an UDFA)

If you are taking the position that the team HAS been focused on building the line and that they have done a good job of it then I will respectfully disagree.

Are you seriously comparing Ponder to Aaron Rodgers?! A future HOF and the best QB in the league! No wonder you are confused.
    ...snicker...typical answer when you don't have anything better. Of course I'm not comparing them. I comparing a OL that everyone seems to think is great because it was built using high draft picks that isn't great.

Drafting high leads to talent most of the time. Our OL is not talented. Talented players fix untalented ones. Mystifies me how you can understand that.
    I can understand that, but our OL, although not the best in the league is far from being not talented.

What they are is a OL that plays in front of a fan base that continually gets confused by a sack given up by a TE over a sack given up by a T.

Its the same fan base that doesn't understand that if you take the TE off the field and run out another WR, that defender, who just got that sack would also come off the field for a DB.

Coaches and play calling does not cause untalented players. It is clear from watching the game that the players are not making the blocks.
    That I will agree on. So puzzle me this bat man, why doesn't the O-coord put his players in a position to succeed (like you all chanted he would when I posted that he not only sucked, but that he would suck here) and put them in player sets that get them out of max protect look requirements?

Why the hell would we go 3 wide? We already have a shitty line. That would be a disaster. You can't screen on every play. You act like Ponder will be able to exploit that. Please tell me how a low completion % passer with be able to do that consistently with no protection?
    How many LB'rs are on the field with 3 wide? How many with 4 wide? How many with 3 TE's stacked up next to our T's?

I see how you are confused. lol
    I'm not the one confused.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast