Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    The talk of trading Peterson is far fetched. Although I would not be opposed to sending him to a contending team to see if he could win something with another team since he won't have the opportunity here, we would take a huge hit due to his signing bonus and there is no way I see them being able to make the numbers work out.

So do you think Ponder is the answer at qb?
    None

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Too early to tell. I don't like many of the decisions he has made and so far he hasn't shown that he has the accuracy on deeper throws and if that doesn't change he will never be a starting QB.

OTOH I like that he is aggressive and that he doesn't fold under pressure or become tentative in his decision making. I am glad we are getting to see what he can do this early in his career and hopefully the team has a backup plan (And not just the latest washed up QB looking for a final shot at glory) in place in case he ends up not making the grade.

b_sandhar_29 is offline Starter
    In all honesty, I think Ponder is still learning the ropes of the game. While some rookies have the luxury of having a number 1 receiver to throw to (I.E. Dalton-Green and Newton-Smith) Ponder not only does not have that, but plays behind the worst o-line in the league. I don't question his ability to throw the deep ball because he shows great anticipation on some throws and that is ultimately how you throw the deep ball, not with a big arm. I am not worried about Ponder and under the circumstances he is playing under, has played fairly well.

As for our draft this year, I think its time to cut some players and create some cap room (Hutchinson may have to go although he has been one of our better o-linemen this year). We really need help at a lot of positions and if we're not able to land Blackmon, Kalil, or Claiborne; I think we need to reevaluate our draft approach.

I think Frazier still has a chance to prove himself this year not necessarily by winning games, but by showing the ability to play better second half football, taking away stupid penalities, and mental mistakes as a team. I don't mind not winning any more games as long as I see progression as far as him out coaching other coaches in the second half which displays intelligence and ability to adjust from a head coaching standpoint.

Musgrave has been very creative with getting the ball to our playmakers this year (AP and Harvin) and considering Harvin is still raw (still doesn't run the best routes) has done a good job building this offense. I like (not love) what I have seen from Musgrave so far. He has shown some aggression (Ponder's first play, play action out and up by michael jenkins) and is willing to take risks which is always a good sign. This week without Peterson will be a big task for Musgrave and I expect to see a lot of Harvin this week.

Spielman is someone who I supported in the past, and although he has made some great decisions in the first and early 2nd round of previous drafts (AP, JA, Harvin, Chris Cook [who has shown superstar potential]), I have gotten sick of him missing in later rounds when you can find some really nice players to contribute to a team. I hope to see a new GM but not someone who's going to fuck things up in the future. I hope we don't forget that we were in the NFC championship game 2 years ago and I honestly feel in about 2 years we can be contending to go back there. Hopefully AP gets his shot at a superbowl because he really fucking deserves it.

This draft has to be focused around rebuilding our O-Line and getting a top notch receiver (Blackmon) in the first. I think there will be some great CBs and Safeties available in free agency this year (not allstars but guys who won't eat up too much cap). Knowing Spielman, I'm pretty sure we'll go BPA and I won't be surprised if none of these positions are addressed (sarcasm).

Here is a link of possible free agents in 2012. Just scroll down to receivers and defensivebacks since they're our most glaring needs.

2012 NFL Free Agents
    None

Purple_Jesus is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lippythelion69 View Post
    So do you think Ponder is the answer at qb?
    What the hell do you have against Ponder? Did he steal your lunch money when you were a kid or something? Christ almighty let it go, he's played 3 games behind the worst line in the league and no receivers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12