Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31
  1. #21
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Vikings should sign defensive line coach Bob Karmelowicz!

    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    This might come as a shock to some of you, however, of late I believe that our D coaches have been doing a great job.

    Anyone see how the DL absorbed the loss of Phat Pat and still got production in his loss? Saw our boy Wyms and B-rob getting nice pressure up the middle last night.

    That stems from good coaching.
    One more game like that and I might just have to eat a bit of crow with respect to ole Leslie......
    i won't!!... i'm still not a fan... although i like how we've been playing lately, it's gonna take quite a few more dominating performances before i think ole Les will get my vote of confidence...

    IMO, overall, i still think the entire coaching staff takes entirely too long to make adjustments to what teams are doing against them... then they fix it... then ppl do something different and it takes 3 more weeks to fix that... i'm sick of it...

    when things start to go wrong and the game plan isn't working.. then we will find out how good of coaches we have.. but over the last few weeks, everything has gone right.. so no need to change anything no need to fix something or adjust..

    notice the parallel in regards to wins and losses from this year to last year... we're pretty much in the same boat needing to win 1 of 2 or including last week 2 of 3 to get into the playoffs.....
    LOL.
    My friend, I am in no way giving him my vote of confidence.
    Just saying that of late, he has been doing alot better job than he did early on in the season.

    And to your point with respect to comparing this season with last season at this time.
    Yes I've noticed and made it a point to mention it a couple of times.
    Funny thing about this year is that even with all our injuries, I feel better about our chances this year than I did last year even though I don't trust our coaching staff fully.


    Game time adjustments, by the way, isn't the reason I distrust them.
    I distrust them because of what I percieve(d) to be a flaw in thier system they use to get the team ready during the off week.
    Again, it appears they might have made a "Adjustment" or two in that area and that is why we are having a bit more success.

    Go figure huh.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #22
    peterson-rox28's Avatar
    peterson-rox28 is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    300

    Re: Vikings should sign defensive line coach Bob Karmelowicz!

    I personnaly think that Robison should start at LE instead of Edwards.

    Edwards who is starting only as 3 sacks
    Robison who is back up and missed 1 game as 2.5 sacks

    I think Robison should definatly be starting over cocky Edwards does anyone agree with me?

  3. #23
    HEY's Avatar
    HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,201
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings should sign defensive line coach Bob Karmelowicz!

    "peterson-rox28" wrote:
    I personnaly think that Robison should start at LE instead of Edwards.

    Edwards who is starting only as 3 sacks
    Robison who is back up and missed 1 game as 2.5 sacks

    I think Robison should definatly be starting over cocky Edwards does anyone agree with me?
    I know that both of them play the"defensive end"-positions, but there are a few differences between the left end and the right end. Robison is better suited on the right side for the moment, and so is maybe Ray Edwards too. I think we will be better at the left side when Udeze comes back next year.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,206

    Re: Vikings should sign defensive line coach Bob Karmelowicz!

    "peterson-rox28" wrote:
    I personnaly think that Robison should start at LE instead of Edwards.

    Edwards who is starting only as 3 sacks
    Robison who is back up and missed 1 game as 2.5 sacks

    I think Robison should definatly be starting over cocky Edwards does anyone agree with me?
    I can't agree with you at the moment.


    Yeah, Edwards doesn't have the sack numbers right now.
    But he does a pretty good all-around job holding up that side.

    I like Robison a bunch as a pass rusher.
    I really like that they're finding ways to get him on the field in passing situations, even some snaps at DT.
    But he's undersized for playing that left end spot consistently on running downs.
    I know he's not on the field a ton, but consider that he has only 8 tackles on the season (link).

    So I've been a little disappointed with Edwards, but he's been solid in his role.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

  5. #25
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings should sign defensive line coach Bob Karmelowicz!

    "peterson-rox28" wrote:
    I personnaly think that Robison should start at LE instead of Edwards.

    Edwards who is starting only as 3 sacks
    Robison who is back up and missed 1 game as 2.5 sacks

    I think Robison should definatly be starting over cocky Edwards does anyone agree with me?
    But isn't edwards better against the run? It seems that we have the ability to give the offense quite a few different looks with the talent we have. We will be fine.

  6. #26
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Vikings should sign defensive line coach Bob Karmelowicz!

    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "peterson-rox28" wrote:
    I personnaly think that Robison should start at LE instead of Edwards.

    Edwards who is starting only as 3 sacks
    Robison who is back up and missed 1 game as 2.5 sacks

    I think Robison should definatly be starting over cocky Edwards does anyone agree with me?
    But isn't edwards better against the run? It seems that we have the ability to give the offense quite a few different looks with the talent we have. We will be fine.
    Not only is Edwards better against the run he is also better at blocking passes.
    With Pat Williams out a while it looks as though you will be seeing more of Robison anyway.
    I know Evens will start and see some of Wyms too but Robison will most likely get more reps as it seems everyone wants to try and pass against us all the time.
    Then again, now that we are showing we can stop the passing game teams may try to run a little more especailly with Pat being out.

  7. #27
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Vikings should sign defensive line coach Bob Karmelowicz!

    "peterson-rox28" wrote:
    I personnaly think that Robison should start at LE instead of Edwards.

    Edwards who is starting only as 3 sacks
    Robison who is back up and missed 1 game as 2.5 sacks

    I think Robison should definatly be starting over cocky Edwards does anyone agree with me?
    As some have already pointed out, Both Edwards and Robison are RDE's with Ray being a bit better suited to fill in as our LDE (in our base 4-3) because he was able to add a bit of weight and he had some experience at it in college.

    Think of it along these lines.....

    Were you happy when Keneche filled in at RDE a couple of years ago?
    My guess is no, because he didn't get alot of sacks.
    Kenech is a LDE who was asked to help out on the Right side because of some RDE issues.
    End result, fans weren't happy with his production.

    Same same for Ray.
    With Keneche out and a lack of depth at the LDE position, Ray has been asked to fill in.
    What that does to him is beats him down a bit, taking away from his abilities to get to the passer, however, he has been doing a bang up job holding the edge against the run, and when called on, disrupting passing to that side via the block.
    Sacks aren't the only indicator here as well.
    Take a look at how many holding penalities have come from RT's trying to hold him back as well.

    Long story short (and we have a whole thread on this someplace), he is doing a fine job playing out of position.
    K-rob acts as a nice option in obvious passing downs not only at the LDE but the DT positions as well, however, he would not have the explosion he has if he were forced to play the LDE or DT in our base 4-3 if he had to put up with the running aspect of the game.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #28
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Vikings should sign defensive line coach Bob Karmelowicz!

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "peterson-rox28" wrote:
    I personnaly think that Robison should start at LE instead of Edwards.

    Edwards who is starting only as 3 sacks
    Robison who is back up and missed 1 game as 2.5 sacks

    I think Robison should definatly be starting over cocky Edwards does anyone agree with me?
    As some have already pointed out, Both Edwards and Robison are RDE's with Ray being a bit better suited to fill in as our LDE (in our base 4-3) because he was able to add a bit of weight and he had some experience at it in college.

    Think of it along these lines.....

    Were you happy when Keneche filled in at RDE a couple of years ago?
    My guess is no, because he didn't get alot of sacks.

    Kenech is a LDE who was asked to help out on the Right side because of some RDE issues.
    End result, fans weren't happy with his production.

    Same same for Ray.
    With Keneche out and a lack of depth at the LDE position, Ray has been asked to fill in.
    What that does to him is beats him down a bit, taking away from his abilities to get to the passer, however, he has been doing a bang up job holding the edge against the run, and when called on, disrupting passing to that side via the block.
    Sacks aren't the only indicator here as well.
    Take a look at how many holding penalities have come from RT's trying to hold him back as well.

    Long story short (and we have a whole thread on this someplace), he is doing a fine job playing out of position.
    K-rob acts as a nice option in obvious passing downs not only at the LDE but the DT positions as well, however, he would not have the explosion he has if he were forced to play the LDE or DT in our base 4-3 if he had to put up with the running aspect of the game.
    are you sure its not because Robison is too undersized to take the additional beating LDE's get from attacking the strong side of a formation?

  9. #29
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Vikings should sign defensive line coach Bob Karmelowicz!

    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "peterson-rox28" wrote:
    I personnaly think that Robison should start at LE instead of Edwards.

    Edwards who is starting only as 3 sacks
    Robison who is back up and missed 1 game as 2.5 sacks

    I think Robison should definatly be starting over cocky Edwards does anyone agree with me?
    As some have already pointed out, Both Edwards and Robison are RDE's with Ray being a bit better suited to fill in as our LDE (in our base 4-3) because he was able to add a bit of weight and he had some experience at it in college.

    Think of it along these lines.....

    Were you happy when Keneche filled in at RDE a couple of years ago?
    My guess is no, because he didn't get alot of sacks.

    Kenech is a LDE who was asked to help out on the Right side because of some RDE issues.
    End result, fans weren't happy with his production.

    Same same for Ray.
    With Keneche out and a lack of depth at the LDE position, Ray has been asked to fill in.
    What that does to him is beats him down a bit, taking away from his abilities to get to the passer, however, he has been doing a bang up job holding the edge against the run, and when called on, disrupting passing to that side via the block.
    Sacks aren't the only indicator here as well.
    Take a look at how many holding penalities have come from RT's trying to hold him back as well.

    Long story short (and we have a whole thread on this someplace), he is doing a fine job playing out of position.
    K-rob acts as a nice option in obvious passing downs not only at the LDE but the DT positions as well, however, he would not have the explosion he has if he were forced to play the LDE or DT in our base 4-3 if he had to put up with the running aspect of the game.
    are you sure its not because Robison is too undersized to take the additional beating LDE's get from attacking the strong side of a formation?
    Isn't that what I just said?
    : ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #30
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Vikings should sign defensive line coach Bob Karmelowicz!

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "peterson-rox28" wrote:
    I personnaly think that Robison should start at LE instead of Edwards.

    Edwards who is starting only as 3 sacks
    Robison who is back up and missed 1 game as 2.5 sacks

    I think Robison should definatly be starting over cocky Edwards does anyone agree with me?
    As some have already pointed out, Both Edwards and Robison are RDE's with Ray being a bit better suited to fill in as our LDE (in our base 4-3) because he was able to add a bit of weight and he had some experience at it in college.

    Think of it along these lines.....

    Were you happy when Keneche filled in at RDE a couple of years ago?
    My guess is no, because he didn't get alot of sacks.

    Kenech is a LDE who was asked to help out on the Right side because of some RDE issues.
    End result, fans weren't happy with his production.

    Same same for Ray.
    With Keneche out and a lack of depth at the LDE position, Ray has been asked to fill in.
    What that does to him is beats him down a bit, taking away from his abilities to get to the passer, however, he has been doing a bang up job holding the edge against the run, and when called on, disrupting passing to that side via the block.
    Sacks aren't the only indicator here as well.
    Take a look at how many holding penalities have come from RT's trying to hold him back as well.

    Long story short (and we have a whole thread on this someplace), he is doing a fine job playing out of position.
    K-rob acts as a nice option in obvious passing downs not only at the LDE but the DT positions as well, however, he would not have the explosion he has if he were forced to play the LDE or DT in our base 4-3 if he had to put up with the running aspect of the game.
    are you sure its not because Robison is too undersized to take the additional beating LDE's get from attacking the strong side of a formation?
    Isn't that what I just said?
    : ;D
    not how i read it, you were talking more about how Robison is a pass rusher, and hasn't had to deal with stopping the run much, which would negate his pass rush.

    now, as far as the size thing, if he's too small to play LDE, then why is he playing some interior line where he gets mauled by guards and centers?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings Defensive Line Interview
    By HEY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-08-2010, 02:42 PM
  2. Vikings defensive line - Solid Up Front
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-15-2007, 05:09 AM
  3. B. Johnson named defensive line coach
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-18-2007, 02:36 PM
  4. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-29-2006, 07:49 AM
  5. defensive line coach
    By TARK10 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-23-2005, 04:59 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •