Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Vikings should sign defensive line coach Bob Karmelowicz!

"vikes2456" wrote:
    Honestly, I'm not even to fond of our current Dline coach. Prior to this year we could barely get ANY pressure on the QB and we had two pro bowlers, that is simply unacceptable.
    However I should note I am pretty satisfied this year, but I think that has more to do with the Allen signing. But still, I really don't know enough for my opinion to have any real merit
    look at our defenceive ends last season and you got your answer

vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer

"FuadFan" wrote:
    "vikes2456" wrote:
    Honestly, I'm not even to fond of our current Dline coach. Prior to this year we could barely get ANY pressure on the QB and we had two pro bowlers, that is simply unacceptable.
    You do know that Pat Williams isn't a Pro Bowl player because he can rush the passer?
    Yes I'm quite aware of that, but both him and Kevin require as much attention that the other players still should have gotten more pressure. Although, the fact Ray Edwards hasn't done much of anything this year hurts my argument

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"vikes2456" wrote:
    "FuadFan" wrote:
    "vikes2456" wrote:
    You do know that Pat Williams isn't a Pro Bowl player because he can rush the passer?
    Yes I'm quite aware of that, but both him and Kevin require as much attention that the other players still should have gotten more pressure. Although, the fact Ray Edwards hasn't done much of anything this year hurts my argument
    with the talent we have on d-line it's pathetic that we couldn't/can't get pressure on the qb!!... since adding allen, they have come to get alot better, but i think that is more about allen than anything else... Dunbar has been here a long time and i don't think it's any coincidence that we've had 2 first round draft picks at DE and couln't get them to produce...

I like Dunbar, but i say bring the other guy in also.... obviously he can coach if Allen gives him credit for this years turn around.. obvioulsy bc in the first few games, he wasn't doing much then all of a sudden he's a beast!!...

you have to look at bringing him in maybe even as a consultant.. lord knows edwards could use him... hey i'd help pay for it for him to give edwards some lessons... who's with me??
    we can ;put a pot together...

i also think it's a bit odd, that allen would hire that guy when dunbar is his coach, and then gives him a slight by saying the other dude is the best in the business... gotta be something to his technique!!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

This might come as a shock to some of you, however, of late I believe that our D coaches have been doing a great job.

Anyone see how the DL absorbed the loss of Phat Pat and still got production in his loss? Saw our boy Wyms and B-rob getting nice pressure up the middle last night.

That stems from good coaching.
    One more game like that and I might just have to eat a bit of crow with respect to ole Leslie......
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    This might come as a shock to some of you, however, of late I believe that our D coaches have been doing a great job.

Anyone see how the DL absorbed the loss of Phat Pat and still got production in his loss? Saw our boy Wyms and B-rob getting nice pressure up the middle last night.

One more game like that and I might just have to eat a bit of crow with respect to ole Leslie......
    Yes, I also think that Ellis Wyms and Brian Robison did very well.
    It's nice to see both Allen and Robison healthy, without Allen, we're doomed against great passing offenses and Robison is a pretty good backup behind Allen IMO. I think Robison even got a sack in the last game

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:

i won't!!... i'm still not a fan... although i like how we've been playing lately, it's gonna take quite a few more dominating performances before i think ole Les will get my vote of confidence...

IMO, overall, i still think the entire coaching staff takes entirely too long to make adjustments to what teams are doing against them... then they fix it... then ppl do something different and it takes 3 more weeks to fix that... i'm sick of it...

when things start to go wrong and the game plan isn't working.. then we will find out how good of coaches we have.. but over the last few weeks, everything has gone right.. so no need to change anything no need to fix something or adjust..

notice the parallel in regards to wins and losses from this year to last year... we're pretty much in the same boat needing to win 1 of 2 or including last week 2 of 3 to get into the playoffs.....

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

Even though they only ran seven times it was very affective. I don't see why we should hire Karmelowicz, we're doing good without him. If JA feels like he needs extra coaching or he wants his guy that's his own decision.. but at the club he's working with Dunbar
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

i won't!!... i'm still not a fan... although i like how we've been playing lately, it's gonna take quite a few more dominating performances before i think ole Les will get my vote of confidence...

IMO, overall, i still think the entire coaching staff takes entirely too long to make adjustments to what teams are doing against them... then they fix it... then ppl do something different and it takes 3 more weeks to fix that... i'm sick of it...

when things start to go wrong and the game plan isn't working.. then we will find out how good of coaches we have.. but over the last few weeks, everything has gone right.. so no need to change anything no need to fix something or adjust..

notice the parallel in regards to wins and losses from this year to last year... we're pretty much in the same boat needing to win 1 of 2 or including last week 2 of 3 to get into the playoffs.....
    So you dont think the coaching staff has anything to do with things going well?
    I dont mean to be rude but this is the kind of statement that bothers me.
    Its funny becasue when things go wrong everyone is on a "Let's fire Childress" banwaggon.
    Childress and staff have done a damn good job throughout most of the season whether or not you like to admit it.
    The reason for struggling was more on the players not executing and causing stupid penalties.
    Open your eyes and see they have made good adjustments and good decisions over the course of the year

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Have Bob teach Ray a thing or two

Maybe he could actually break the sack record

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "vikes2456" wrote:
    "FuadFan" wrote:
    "vikes2456" wrote:
    with the talent we have on d-line it's pathetic that we couldn't/can't get pressure on the qb!!... since adding allen, they have come to get alot better, but i think that is more about allen than anything else... Dunbar has been here a long time and i don't think it's any coincidence that we've had 2 first round draft picks at DE and couln't get them to produce...

I like Dunbar, but i say bring the other guy in also.... obviously he can coach if Allen gives him credit for this years turn around.. obvioulsy bc in the first few games, he wasn't doing much then all of a sudden he's a beast!!...

you have to look at bringing him in maybe even as a consultant.. lord knows edwards could use him... hey i'd help pay for it for him to give edwards some lessons... who's with me??
    we can ;put a pot together...

i also think it's a bit odd, that allen would hire that guy when dunbar is his coach, and then gives him a slight by saying the other dude is the best in the business... gotta be something to his technique!!
    +1
    Best move is to bring him in as a consultant, this would allow him to not only work with the other DE's but also coordinate with the coaches.

Also it makes no long term commitment and allows him to look for a long term gig while offically adding to his resume.
    i.e. Jarad Allen's personal trainer or Vikings D-line consultant.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast