Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Vikings should look to soon-to-be-fired Spagnuolo to take over defence

It seems pretty much a done deal that Minnesota Vikings head coach Leslie Frazier will fire defensive coordinator Fred Pagac and perhaps the rest of the staff on that side of the ball except for his good buddy, linebackers coach Mike Singletary.
    Grant's Tomb: Vikings should look to soon-to-be-fired Spagnuolo to take over defence

I wonder if it was Leslies idea or Mikes idea to move Chad over to the SAM?

Personally, I'd love to see Spags take over this defense. He'd not only move Chad back to the WILL but I bet he go ahead and have Griff drop a few pounds, move to the SAM and draft a NT who can make this defense work.

Additionally, I'd love to see him rotate cats like Ballard and Guion in isnstead of Fat Ass Fred Evans.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Grant's Tomb: Vikings should look to soon-to-be-fired Spagnuolo to take over defence

I wonder if it was Leslies idea or Mikes idea to move Chad over to the SAM?

Personally, I'd love to see Spags take over this defense. He'd not only move Chad back to the WILL but I bet he go ahead and have Griff drop a few pounds, move to the SAM and draft a NT who can make this defense work.

Additionally, I'd love to see him rotate cats like Ballard and Guion in isnstead of Fat Ass Fred Evans.
    Quote from the article,
    "Scribes like ESPN 1500's Tom Pelissero have been beating the "Vikings should switch to the 3-4" drum somewhat this season. But as I've argued in the past, Minnesota's defensive struggles are talent-based, not 4-3-based. And with your best defensive player stating he's got no interest in becoming a pass-rushing linebacker in a 3-4 scheme, the team would have a tough time selling the switch to an already grumbling fan base."

The Vikings have defensive talent issues even if they switch to a 3-4 scheme.
    Jared Allen may not want to play in a 3-4 but I think he is atheletic enough to make the switch. If not he would need to be traded.
    I think Griffen would would fit well in a 3-4 scheme.
    If we stay in a 4-3, we could use a fast middle linebacker, a Henry Thomas like DT, a cornerback with some coverage skills for the times you aren't in cover 2, a good safety or 2, a replacement for Erin, switch Chad back to Will, and a new LB coach.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    Quote from the article,
    "Scribes like ESPN 1500's Tom Pelissero have been beating the "Vikings should switch to the 3-4" drum somewhat this season. But as I've argued in the past, Minnesota's defensive struggles are talent-based, not 4-3-based. And with your best defensive player stating he's got no interest in becoming a pass-rushing linebacker in a 3-4 scheme, the team would have a tough time selling the switch to an already grumbling fan base."

The Vikings have defensive talent issues even if they switch to a 3-4 scheme.
    Jared Allen may not want to play in a 3-4 but I think he is atheletic enough to make the switch. If not he would need to be traded.
    I think Griffen would would fit well in a 3-4 scheme.
    If we stay in a 4-3, we could use a fast middle linebacker, a Henry Thomas like DT, a cornerback with some coverage skills for the times you aren't in cover 2, a good safety or 2, a replacement for Erin, switch Chad back to Will, and a new LB coach.
    I think EJ is plenty fast to play MLB. I think we are seeing him struggle, mostly because of poor DT play, but the shift of Chad from the WILL to the SAM has to hurt his play as well. It seems he is playing up at the line about a step or two closer than he normally should in his zone. That slows him when he goes into his drop by a step. In this league thats all they need.

One thing I want the staff to do is to move Chad back to the WILL and move Griff to the SAM. He is already running with RB's and TE's at his DT weight and twice I saw him step for step with a WR coming across the middle.

Moving both Griff and Chad would put two playmakers at each side of EJ and then he could roam a bit more as the scheme dictates instead of focusing so much on the line play.

My guess, it would also help with respect to LBs blitzing and getting to the QB. I gave up counting how many times they blitz and don't get there or get there just a step to late.

Bring Cook back, let him start with Asher and use Griff as your nickle back (he should be 100 % next year) and I think our defense would be tailored for a guy like Spags to run.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    Would be great to get Spags but i wonder if we are a big draw and he will certainly get other offers..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Spags may stay in Fla. Tampa might ditch Morris..he seems to have lost the team
    i agree Spags would be a nice pickup.
    None

Chazz is offline Coordinator
    If we can make this happen, we NEED to. Also, Singletary needs to go...unfortunately that's not going to happen. That is the perfect example as to why you should never hire friends...it clouds your objectivity.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lippythelion69 View Post
    Spags may stay in Fla. Tampa might ditch Morris..he seems to have lost the team
    i agree Spags would be a nice pickup.
    Stay in Florida? Because he's already in there? Oh, St. Louis, FL.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries
    Spags is known to go small and use 3 sometime 4 DE's instead of DT's. For a guy so hung up on getting a big boy NT Marr you are asking for the opposite with Spags.

Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    Stay in Florida? Because he's already in there? Oh, St. Louis, FL.
    no clearwater
    None

purpledoom is offline Starter
    Would love to see him here. Oh and i think maybe Singeltary needs to go too but that probably won't happen.