Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    313zoe is offline Starter
    Blog Entries

Vikings should let Spielman go, too

To many ppl coming dwn on Spielman wit this fire him shit, I'll admit he did fuck up tha QB situation but that probably cause he was tryin to fix it and Frazier ain't know shit bout no QB he still sayin ponder is good and Spielman wasn't tha one who hire Frazier but he did pick sum good draft picks and bad ones but wat GM hasn't he need to hire a guy who know things about QB and splash in free agency this year for defense players

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Once again Spielman comes out smelling like a rose. I am guessing some still hate him and think he has done nothing for the team.
    Last edited by marshallvike; 01-15-2014 at 03:39 PM.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

iowa is offline Rookie
    the rick haters are going to be eating some crow. he's building a winner, write it down, it's happening this time.
    None

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Spielman has done some good things, but a genius he is not. Just because he hires a coach that most of us like doesn't mean we have to like the guy. Remember, he did fuck the Dolphins up, and he helped screw the Bears up.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by iowa View Post
    the rick haters are going to be eating some crow. he's building a winner, write it down, it's happening this time.
    I hope you are right but I've been around for awhile, and recall people being excited when they hired a disciplinarian named Steckel.
    How about we wait until they play some games before we pass judgment. The Vikings had the second worst team in franchise history last year, and Spielman was the GM.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    I hope you are right but I've been around for awhile, and recall people being excited when they hired a disciplinarian named Steckel.
    How about we wait until they play some games before we pass judgment. The Vikings had the second worst team in franchise history last year, and Spielman was the GM.
    Second worst? We won 5 games.

If you go by just number of wins, we had the fourth worst. (that puts 1998 at 14th worst) If you go by winning percentage, our .3125 winning percentage rates us tied for seventh.

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

Vikings should let Spielman go, too

If he call pull off the Manziel Miracle, give him the Ted Thompson contract. For life!
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Second worst? We won 5 games.

If you go by just number of wins, we had the fourth worst. (that puts 1998 at 14th worst) If you go by winning percentage, our .3125 winning percentage rates us tied for seventh.
    Oh wait, how did I forget. They were great! Use what ever stat or parameter you want, you can't rationalize away a horrific season .
    The point is, despite the fact I think Spielman made a good hire, but there's no reason to dance in the streets until the wins start rolling in. That's all. Not looking to rain on anybodies parade.

keystonevike is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by iowa View Post
    Rick is fine, his draft's have been pretty damn good. He hasn't found his q.b. yet but neither have half the teams in the league. This bullshit about "reaching" for quarterbacks is laughable, there are no sure things, a reach is just some so-called expert's opinion.
    Ponder was clearly NOT worth a 1st round pick, much less 12th overall.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by keystonevike View Post
    Ponder was clearly NOT worth a 1st round pick, much less 12th overall.
    When they don't work out, they were never worth the pick. When they do work out, it was brilliant. Ignore all the draft expert analysis, it is not real with how franchises grade out players.

So yes, you are right as time has shown. However, every franchise will have multiple picks that were clearly NOT worth picking every year.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast