Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 243
  1. #21
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Vikings should lean on Adrian Peterson to fix red-zone troubles

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Vikings' strange strategy backfires[/size]

    The Minnesota Vikings have the best young running back in the NFL in Adrian Peterson, who is just starting to reach his prime at 24.

    They have an aging quarterback in Brett Favre, who sometimes acts his age, which is 40.

    So what did Vikings coach Brad Childress do against the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday? He ran Peterson 18 times and had Favre throw 51 passes....
    lol... exactly what I was saying yesterday, yet I was vilified for it. Hilarious.

    Yeah, good read Singer.
    Just because your point of view is shared with some sports hack doesn't mean you were right or vilified for your thoughts.
    In fact, who is to say the writer watched the game and knew the entire circumsstance surrounding the play calling.
    I watched it and had no issues with it.
    Was it ideal?
    No.
    But considering the team was down by 10 in the 4th quarter what are the options?
    You pass.
    Whether or not you agree is another thing.
    There are many articles in which Singer has posted that look at it differently so again, as always you take one thing and make it into a tell all.
    What else is new?

    Look at some variables for once that you seem to always ignore.
    Sure there were circumstances were a pass play would have been a better option based on what the D was showing "Pre-snap" and they were playing the run pretty tough, however, there were times as well when we were passing and they were in the perfect play call to counter it.
    That is exactly what I was trying to say. I just think that there will be games in the future where the same thing will have to happen. Again, Pitt is better at the run than the pass. It makes sense to have this type of ratio, especially with a HOF QB named Brett Favre. The ratio should have been a little closer because of the 1/2 yard line mistake.

  2. #22
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,493

    Re: Vikings should lean on Adrian Peterson to fix red-zone troubles

    Not sure if anyone noticed the comments on ESPN's Power Rankings...

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings?year=2009&week=8

    Brett Favre threw 51 passes against Pittsburgh. That's way too many attempts for a team with Adrian Peterson. (Chadiha)
    Yup.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  3. #23
    echizen20's Avatar
    echizen20 is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    65

    Re: Vikings should lean on Adrian Peterson to fix red-zone troubles

    Yew No Vat I thank?
    I thank dat ze play culling vaz apropreeit and day deed vat day had tew do tew try and vin ze game.
    I agrdee zat trowing at ze go line tew times vaz nut ze vight call.
    Day zhould hof given ze ball tew Adrewrin peederson more butt yew know bitsburg sdeelurs stopped peederson vely vell.
    I donut see zat in ze fewture dis vill happun agun.
    Now, I must go feed on ze humons zat live in visconzin and take der tiket to ze game on sonday.

  4. #24
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Vikings should lean on Adrian Peterson to fix red-zone troubles

    "C" wrote:
    Not sure if anyone noticed the comments on ESPN's Power Rankings...

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings?year=2009&week=8

    Brett Favre threw 51 passes against Pittsburgh. That's way too many attempts for a team with Adrian Peterson. (Chadiha)
    Yup.
    I thought you were the one that rips on ESPN all the time.

  5. #25
    triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,603

    Re: Vikings should lean on Adrian Peterson to fix red-zone troubles

    I tried reading that and it hurt too much so I stopped.

    I think that we need to keep the pass/run game balanced, maybe even leaning a little heavier on the run then the pass.
    Its really nice to see us with a passing game again, last year every time Gus or TJ dropped back I kind of cringed inside, but we can't get away from the running game.
    AP is them most explosive player in the NFL and the coaching staff needs to not forget that.

  6. #26
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: Vikings should lean on Adrian Peterson to fix red-zone troubles

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Vikings' strange strategy backfires[/size]

    The Minnesota Vikings have the best young running back in the NFL in Adrian Peterson, who is just starting to reach his prime at 24.

    They have an aging quarterback in Brett Favre, who sometimes acts his age, which is 40.

    So what did Vikings coach Brad Childress do against the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday? He ran Peterson 18 times and had Favre throw 51 passes....
    lol... exactly what I was saying yesterday, yet I was vilified for it. Hilarious.

    Yeah, good read Singer.
    Just because your point of view is shared with some sports hack doesn't mean you were right or vilified for your thoughts.
    In fact, who is to say the writer watched the game and knew the entire circumsstance surrounding the play calling.
    I watched it and had no issues with it.
    Was it ideal?
    No.
    But considering the team was down by 10 in the 4th quarter what are the options?
    You pass.
    Whether or not you agree is another thing.
    There are many articles in which Singer has posted that look at it differently so again, as always you take one thing and make it into a tell all.
    What else is new?

    Look at some variables for once that you seem to always ignore.
    Sure there were circumstances were a pass play would have been a better option based on what the D was showing "Pre-snap" and they were playing the run pretty tough, however, there were times as well when we were passing and they were in the perfect play call to counter it.
    That is exactly what I was trying to say.[size=10pt] I just think that there will be games in the future where the same thing will have to happen. [/size] Again, Pitt is better at the run than the pass. It makes sense to have this type of ratio, especially with a HOF QB named Brett Favre. The ratio should have been a little closer because of the 1/2 yard line mistake.
    And to take it one step further, in those instances, your HOF QB just might hold the ball to long and get stripped, or throw a pass to hard and to high which would result in a INT.

    When it does, a few of us are gonna talk about it in that light.
    As I said, its the nature of the beast.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #27
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,493

    Re: Vikings should lean on Adrian Peterson to fix red-zone troubles

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    Not sure if anyone noticed the comments on ESPN's Power Rankings...

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings?year=2009&week=8

    Brett Favre threw 51 passes against Pittsburgh. That's way too many attempts for a team with Adrian Peterson. (Chadiha)
    Yup.
    I thought you were the one that rips on ESPN all the time.
    Oh, I am... but this one was so obvious, even they recognized it.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  8. #28
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Vikings should lean on Adrian Peterson to fix red-zone troubles

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    [quote author=singersp link=topic=53888.msg1010423#msg1010423 date=1256732439]
    [size=13pt]Vikings' strange strategy backfires[/size]

    The Minnesota Vikings have the best young running back in the NFL in Adrian Peterson, who is just starting to reach his prime at 24.

    They have an aging quarterback in Brett Favre, who sometimes acts his age, which is 40.

    So what did Vikings coach Brad Childress do against the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday? He ran Peterson 18 times and had Favre throw 51 passes....
    lol... exactly what I was saying yesterday, yet I was vilified for it. Hilarious.

    Yeah, good read Singer.
    Just because your point of view is shared with some sports hack doesn't mean you were right or vilified for your thoughts.
    In fact, who is to say the writer watched the game and knew the entire circumsstance surrounding the play calling.
    I watched it and had no issues with it.
    Was it ideal?
    No.
    But considering the team was down by 10 in the 4th quarter what are the options?
    You pass.
    Whether or not you agree is another thing.
    There are many articles in which Singer has posted that look at it differently so again, as always you take one thing and make it into a tell all.
    What else is new?

    Look at some variables for once that you seem to always ignore.
    Sure there were circumstances were a pass play would have been a better option based on what the D was showing "Pre-snap" and they were playing the run pretty tough, however, there were times as well when we were passing and they were in the perfect play call to counter it.
    That is exactly what I was trying to say.[size=10pt] I just think that there will be games in the future where the same thing will have to happen. [/size] Again, Pitt is better at the run than the pass. It makes sense to have this type of ratio, especially with a HOF QB named Brett Favre. The ratio should have been a little closer because of the 1/2 yard line mistake.
    And to take it one step further, in those instances, your HOF QB just might hold the ball to long and get stripped, or throw a pass to hard and to high which would result in a INT.

    When it does, a few of us are gonna talk about it in that light.
    As I said, its the nature of the beast.
    [/quote]

    No shit.

    69%, 12 TDs, 3 INTs, and 102.2 Rating

    In my best Favre voice, that is "pretty good". Not worried at all. Nobody expected us to be undefeated all year. Talk about it all you want but we are 6-1. Favre will make more mistakes. Funny how you are not talking about how few he is making.
    :

  9. #29
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Vikings should lean on Adrian Peterson to fix red-zone troubles

    "C" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    Not sure if anyone noticed the comments on ESPN's Power Rankings...

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings?year=2009&week=8

    Brett Favre threw 51 passes against Pittsburgh. That's way too many attempts for a team with Adrian Peterson. (Chadiha)
    Yup.
    I thought you were the one that rips on ESPN all the time.
    Oh, I am... but this one was so obvious, even they recognized it.
    LOL touche

  10. #30
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings should lean on Adrian Peterson to fix red-zone troubles

    "C" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    [quote author=singersp link=topic=53888.msg1010423#msg1010423 date=1256732439]
    [size=13pt]Vikings' strange strategy backfires[/size]

    The Minnesota Vikings have the best young running back in the NFL in Adrian Peterson, who is just starting to reach his prime at 24.

    They have an aging quarterback in Brett Favre, who sometimes acts his age, which is 40.

    So what did Vikings coach Brad Childress do against the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday? He ran Peterson 18 times and had Favre throw 51 passes....
    lol... exactly what I was saying yesterday, yet I was vilified for it. Hilarious.

    Yeah, good read Singer.
    So because Vito Stellino from The Florida Times-Union agrees with you, it makes others opinions false? There was nothing wrong with the decision to throw more than run. There was a problem with the decision to throw on the 1/2 yard line.
    Hmm...

    A professional sports writer agreeing with me?

    Or a PPO member disagreeing with me?


    Yeah, I feel fine in my stance.
    You didn't answer my question.
    Well, did I say other's opinions were false?

    No, I said I was vilified for having the same opinion... yet, a professional sports writer can also see the (rather obvious) flaw in our gameplan.

    Just find it funny how I was attacked for saying the exact same thing.
    [/quote]

    I might be way off here, but I don't think you were vilified for thinking that we should have relied on AD in the red zone.
    There are plenty of others on this forum who also think that, and yet none of them are vilified or attacked.
    Instead I think you are primarily vilified for the way you express your opinions and your constant belittling of others.
    When you constantly attack and put down opinions that are contrary to yours, and constantly introduce hostility and tension in to threads, how can you be surprised when people argue with you?
    Not trying to be a dick (honestly)... just pointing out the obvious...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Why the Vikings are in Danger of Overworking Adrian Peterson
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 07-09-2009, 01:03 PM
  2. Red zone remains a test for Adrian Peterson
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-21-2009, 03:38 PM
  3. Vikings want Adrian Peterson to slow down
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-24-2009, 03:54 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •