Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings should lean on Adrian Peterson to fix red-zone troubles

"C" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Vikings' strange strategy backfires[/size]

The Minnesota Vikings have the best young running back in the NFL in Adrian Peterson, who is just starting to reach his prime at 24.

They have an aging quarterback in Brett Favre, who sometimes acts his age, which is 40.

So what did Vikings coach Brad Childress do against the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday? He ran Peterson 18 times and had Favre throw 51 passes....
    lol... exactly what I was saying yesterday, yet I was vilified for it. Hilarious.

Yeah, good read Singer.
    So because Vito Stellino from The Florida Times-Union agrees with you, it makes others opinions false? There was nothing wrong with the decision to throw more than run. There was a problem with the decision to throw on the 1/2 yard line.
    Hmm...

A professional sports writer agreeing with me?

Or a PPO member disagreeing with me?

Yeah, I feel fine in my stance.
    How about the other sports writerS that don't share your point of view.
    Again take one out of many and call it a tell all.
    Yeah that makes me feel better.
    :
    What a joke!!!!

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"ejmat" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

The Minnesota Vikings have the best young running back in the NFL in Adrian Peterson, who is just starting to reach his prime at 24.

They have an aging quarterback in Brett Favre, who sometimes acts his age, which is 40.

So what did Vikings coach Brad Childress do against the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday? He ran Peterson 18 times and had Favre throw 51 passes....
    lol... exactly what I was saying yesterday, yet I was vilified for it. Hilarious.

Yeah, good read Singer.
    So because Vito Stellino from The Florida Times-Union agrees with you, it makes others opinions false? There was nothing wrong with the decision to throw more than run. There was a problem with the decision to throw on the 1/2 yard line.
    Hmm...

:
    What a joke!!!!
    lol... It must burn you up inside.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

Yeah, good read Singer.
    Hmm...

You didn't answer my question.

"marstc09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

Yeah, good read Singer.
    Hmm...

Well, did I say other's opinions were false?

No, I said I was vilified for having the same opinion... yet, a professional sports writer can also see the (rather obvious) flaw in our gameplan.

Just find it funny how I was attacked for saying the exact same thing.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    [quote author=singersp link=topic=53888.msg1010423#msg1010423 date=1256732439]

Yeah, good read Singer.
    Hmm...

:
    What a joke!!!!
    [/quote]

What?
    The fact you ignore so many things and only concentrate on one little thing that you "believe" validates your point?
    Not really.
    It just shows how you are hypocritical by calling others myopic when you are the one that is yourself.
    I don't see you quoted the articles that don't agree with your point of view.
    At least I quote articles that agree and disagree.

You never answered my question either?
    Do you think the Vikings would be 6-1 without Favre this year?
    If you do you would be the only person here or anywhere else for that matter that does.
    But let's see your response to the question.
    It will probably be most entertaining.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:

Yeah, good read Singer.
    Hmm...

Well, did I say other's opinions were false?

No, I said I was vilified for having the same opinion... yet, a professional sports writer can also see the (rather obvious) flaw in our gameplan.

Just find it funny how I was attacked for saying the exact same thing.
    [/quote]

You are right, you never said other's opinions are false. Who vilified you? Just because someone does not agree with you completely does not mean they are insulting you or trying to defame you. I agree that there were some times we should of ran instead of passing. The overall game plan was fine. Pittsburgh is better at stopping the run compared to the pass. I am sure there are "Professional Sports Writers" that agree with me as well. So really what are you trying to prove. You have a good football mind C Murder, just try to not make such a strong effort to say I told you so. Carry on.

"ejmat" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=53888.msg1010434#msg1010434 date=1256738708]

Yeah, good read Singer.
    Hmm...

:
    What a joke!!!!
    [/quote]

What?
    The fact you ignore so many things and only concentrate on one little thing that you "believe" validates your point?
    Not really.
    It just shows how you are hypocritical by calling others myopic when you are the one that is yourself.
    I don't see you quoted the articles that don't agree with your point of view.
    At least I quote articles that agree and disagree.

You never answered my question either?
    Do you think the Vikings would be 6-1 without Favre this year?
    If you do you would be the only person here or anywhere else for that matter that does.
    But let's see your response to the question.
    It will probably be most entertaining.
    [/quote]

No, I don't think the Vikings would be 6-1 with Brett Favre... but what does that have anything to do with what I'm saying? All I said was it was a bad idea to throw the ball 50+ times with a 40-year old QB... especially when he was just brought in to "manage the game..." To add to that, Peterson didn't even get 20 carries and we threw the ball from the 1/2 yard line. Both plays that resulted in Pitt defensive TD's were passing attempts. I'm mostly blaming Childress and Bevell for this.

Trying to sway the issue by saying, "would we be 6-1 without Favre?" just shows me that you have nothing left to add to the topic at hand and are grasping at straws.

BTW, we'd be 7-0 with Jackson. lol.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"ejmat" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

Yeah, good read Singer.
    Just because your point of view is shared with some sports hack doesn't mean you were right or vilified for your thoughts.
    In fact, who is to say the writer watched the game and knew the entire circumsstance surrounding the play calling.
    I watched it and had no issues with it.
    Was it ideal?
    No.
    But considering the team was down by 10 in the 4th quarter what are the options?
    You pass.
    Whether or not you agree is another thing.
    There are many articles in which Singer has posted that look at it differently so again, as always you take one thing and make it into a tell all.
    What else is new?

Look at some variables for once that you seem to always ignore.
    Anyone catch NFL Live or the NFLN stuff yesterday.
    I don't give much credance to what the talking heads have to say, however, most chimed in with ole C Mac D on this.

Sure there were circumstances were a pass play would have been a better option based on what the D was showing "Pre-snap" and they were playing the run pretty tough, however, there were times as well when we were passing and they were in the perfect play call to counter it.

Long story short, someone wasn't doing thier job as it appeared to me that Coach Laboe was dictating and not our offense.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

Yeah, good read Singer.
    Just because your point of view is shared with some sports hack doesn't mean you were right or vilified for your thoughts.
    In fact, who is to say the writer watched the game and knew the entire circumsstance surrounding the play calling.
    I watched it and had no issues with it.
    Was it ideal?
    No.
    But considering the team was down by 10 in the 4th quarter what are the options?
    You pass.
    Whether or not you agree is another thing.
    There are many articles in which Singer has posted that look at it differently so again, as always you take one thing and make it into a tell all.
    What else is new?

Look at some variables for once that you seem to always ignore.
    Anyone catch NFL Live or the NFLN stuff yesterday.
    I don't give much credance to what the talking heads have to say, however, most chimed in with ole C Mac D on this.

Sure there were circumstances were a pass play would have been a better option based on what the D was showing "Pre-snap" and they were playing the run pretty tough, however, there were times as well when we were passing and they were in the perfect play call to counter it.

Long story short, someone wasn't doing thier job as it appeared to me that Coach Laboe was dictating and not our offense.

Thanks Marrdro, sometimes people let their hatred of Ol' C Mac D get in their way of rational thought.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

I think we should have ran it more. Right before the interception you saw Peterson break a big one, and look unstoppable doing it. He got stronger as the game went on, had he got 30 carries he may have had 150+ yards.
    Still the Vikings played a good game against a great team and had a good chance to win with under 2 minutes. The passing game was very effective most of the game. Hopefully Favre continues to have success and that leads to some huge games for Peterson down the road.
    I hope against GreenBay the Vikings are more committed to the run, even if it's not working stick with it and eventually the law of averages will catch up and Peterson will make plays.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe this was the first game since 07(25games) that Peterson did not have more rushing yards than the apposing RB. He did tie though(69yds) so I suppose the record continues.
    ;D

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast