i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Vikings should lean on Adrian Peterson to fix red-zone troubles

"C" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    [quote author=i_bleed_purple link=topic=53888.msg1010629#msg1010629 date=1256758236]
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=53888.msg1010625#msg1010625 date=1256758110]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=53888.msg1010621#msg1010621 date=1256757634]
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=53888.msg1010619#msg1010619 date=1256757518]
    Law of averages... you pass that many times with Favre, you're asking for trouble

Hence, we lost that game because we passed the ball 50 times.
    Faulty logic.
    The Vikings lost that game because the other team scored more points.
    There are probably 20 individual plays in the game where a points swing was in place.
    Picking just 2 of them to prove a point is a fallacy.

=Z=
    Faulty logic? I don't think so, I think it was rather obvious... in fact, I believe most of the argument for getting Favre was that he WOULDN'T have to throw the ball 50 times...

I guess some have forgotten that though.

At least the professionals agree with me though...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings

Brett Favre threw 51 passes against Pittsburgh. That's way too many attempts for a team with Adrian Peterson.
    - Jeffri Chadiha
    Lol!
    Saying the pros agree with you, then linking to the bullshit powerrankings is laughable.
    Don't care about the rankings, but they are clearly right.

50+ pass attempts for Favre = loss.
    You're as stubborn as a mule.

Family Guy-Stubborn As A Mule
    [/quote]

Only if you refuse to agree with the basic logic presented to you.

Most people just want to disagree with me for the sake of disagreeing with me.
    [/quote]

What basic logic? Many teams have won passing more than running, including us this year.
    [/quote]

Really? With a 40-year old QB? Who?
    [/quote]

well, for starters we are.
    Warren Moon did it.
    There aren't alot of 40 year old QB's around, but the one we have is probably best known for his durability and longevity.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    Law of averages... you pass that many times with Favre, you're asking for trouble

Faulty logic.
    There are probably 20 individual plays in the game where a points swing was in place.

=Z=
    Faulty logic? I don't think so, I think it was rather obvious... in fact, I believe most of the argument for getting Favre was that he WOULDN'T have to throw the ball 50 times...

Brett Favre threw 51 passes against Pittsburgh. That's way too many attempts for a team with Adrian Peterson.
    - Jeffri Chadiha
    If this person was a professional wouldn't he be coaching instead of writing?
    Hmmmmmm.

I know it is hard for you to comprehend but writer's aren't always correct either.
    By theory that statement is correct.
    However, you cannot always play standardized football.
    You have to go with the situation.
    For the record everyone on this site knows how many times Favre threw the ball.
    Why do you find it necessary to post the same thing 20 times?
    because not even the known favre-haters agree with him.
    he's not sure if they just haven't seen his posts, or choose not to get involved because of how rediculous his arguments are.
    I see.
    I knew it was something like that.
    I still would like to see CMac's comments on the whole coach vs. writer question.
    Should be interesting.
    But I know that makes to much sense for him to have a one stat tell all for it so he will ignore it as usual.
    [/quote]

See, for me this is very basic and simple.

You don't have an argument anymore because it's quite obvious that the number of passing attempts is what lost us the game... so now you have to criticize the fact that I used professional writers to support my opinion. I'm using it to show that even the simple mind of a sports writer can comprehend that... when you have arguably the best backfield in football and a 40-year old QB... probably shouldn't pass 50 times.

Again, you can attack me or the article writer all you want, but it's merely out of anger and frustration of me being right. I still have yet to see anything resembling an intelligent argument from you on the topic other than, "It was the flow of the game..." which I completely disagree with. Your opinions are flimsy at best.

But, if you must reach back to something I said about sports writers 2 or 3 weeks ago to make my argument look bad, please be my guest.
    [/quote]

if its so obvoius, why are you one of the only people who think that?
    [/quote]

Oh, I'm sure others agree with me... it just pains them too much to admit it.

But, I guess I'll just have to learn that people on internet football forums may not agree with me... as hard as it may be to accept that. Tomorrow is a new day,
    and I'll put a new foot forward... one step at a time.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "C" wrote:

Faulty logic.

=Z=

- Jeffri Chadiha
    Hmmmmmm.

I know it is hard for you to comprehend but writer's aren't always correct either.
    he's not sure if they just haven't seen his posts, or choose not to get involved because of how rediculous his arguments are.
    I see.
    I still would like to see CMac's comments on the whole coach vs. writer question.
    Should be interesting.
    But I know that makes to much sense for him to have a one stat tell all for it so he will ignore it as usual.
    [/quote]

You don't have an argument anymore because it's quite obvious that the number of passing attempts is what lost us the game... so now you have to criticize the fact that I used professional writers to support my opinion. I'm using it to show that even the simple mind of a sports writer can comprehend that... when you have arguably the best backfield in football and a 40-year old QB... probably shouldn't pass 50 times.

Again, you can attack me or the article writer all you want, but it's merely out of anger and frustration of me being right. I still have yet to see anything resembling an intelligent argument from you on the topic other than, "It was the flow of the game..." which I completely disagree with. Your opinions are flimsy at best.

But, if you must reach back to something I said about sports writers 2 or 3 weeks ago to make my argument look bad, please be my guest.
    [/quote]

Obvious? What evidence have you presented that passing lost us the game other than a couple sports writers who are just like me or you? An idiot with a computer. Favre threw 46 times against the 49ers and we won! So 4 more passes caused us to lose a game? LOL, NO! Turnovers did.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"C" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    [quote author=ejmat link=topic=53888.msg1010638#msg1010638 date=1256759001]

Faulty logic.

=Z=

- Jeffri Chadiha
    Hmmmmmm.

I see.
    Should be interesting.
    [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But, I guess I'll just have to learn that people on internet football forums may not agree with me... as hard as it may be to accept that. Tomorrow is a new day,
    [/quote]

you're probably right.

Quick question for you though, in a game where we were struggling running the ball, but put up 334 yards passing, why would we start running more?
    Seems to me the only reason we were in position to score was because we could pass effectively.

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=53888.msg1010630#msg1010630 date=1256758340]
    [quote author=i_bleed_purple link=topic=53888.msg1010629#msg1010629 date=1256758236]

Faulty logic.

=Z=

- Jeffri Chadiha
    Lol!
    Saying the pros agree with you, then linking to the bullshit powerrankings is laughable.

[/quote]

[/quote]

What basic logic? Many teams have won passing more than running, including us this year.
    [/quote]

[/quote]

well, for starters we are.
    Warren Moon did it.
    There aren't alot of 40 year old QB's around, but the one we have is probably best known for his durability and longevity.
    [/quote]

Actually... no he didn't.

Warren Moon never had one game with 50+ passing attempts in his 40's. His coaches were far too smart for that.

I'm sure people will say I'm wrong about this too.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...nWa00/gamelog/

echizen20 is offline Rookie

"C" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:

Faulty logic.

=Z=

- Jeffri Chadiha
    Hmmmmmm.

I see.
    Should be interesting.
    [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, tomorrow is a new day, so lets end today on a good note with some love.
    I have a special movie for everyone.
    Lets all just show some love to each other and to Cmac.
    Enjoy!

Lets Get It On: Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris = Love

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    [quote author=i_bleed_purple link=topic=53888.msg1010639#msg1010639 date=1256759097]

Faulty logic.

=Z=

- Jeffri Chadiha
    Hmmmmmm.

I see.
    Should be interesting.
    [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

you're probably right.

Quick question for you though, in a game where we were struggling running the ball, but put up 334 yards passing, why would we start running more?
    Seems to me the only reason we were in position to score was because we could pass effectively.
    [/quote]

I definitely would have run on the 1/2 yard line... or on first down after Peterson plowed his way though to the first down marker... which left me scratching my head at the time.

But whatever, you guys would rather have 50 passing attempts and lose. I get it.

"echizen20" wrote:
    Yes, tomorrow is a new day, so lets end today on a good note with some love.
    I have a special movie for everyone.
    Lets all just show some love to each other and to Cmac.
    Enjoy!

Lets Get It On: Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris = Love
    Ha... that video is awesome.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "C" wrote:

Faulty logic.

=Z=

- Jeffri Chadiha
    Lol!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The 2009 Minnesota Vikings. The Lions, 49ers, Green Bay, and Rams games.

"marstc09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=53888.msg1010630#msg1010630 date=1256758340]

Faulty logic.

=Z=

- Jeffri Chadiha
    Lol!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The 2009 Minnesota Vikings. The Lions, 49ers, Green Bay, and Rams games.
    [/quote]

All those teams are winning with 40 year old QBs thowing over 50 times?

Wow... had no idea Aaron Rogers was 40. He looks great for his age.

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast