Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings should lean on Adrian Peterson to fix red-zone troubles

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Vikings should lean on Adrian Peterson to fix red-zone troubles

Should rely on the Williams Wall.
    Put Fat Pat at FB and Kev at RB on the 1.
    I defy you to stop those 2 from picking up that yard.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:
    Excellent read my friend.
    Thanks......

One thing we learned from Week 7: So close to the goal line, it's probably a safer bet to make or break with Peterson, who averages 5 yards per carry. Favre himself acknowledged as much afterward.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

As the late great Woody Hayes once said........"There are three things that can happen when you throw a pass, and two of them are bad."
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]Vikings' strange strategy backfires[/size]

The Minnesota Vikings have the best young running back in the NFL in Adrian Peterson, who is just starting to reach his prime at 24.

They have an aging quarterback in Brett Favre, who sometimes acts his age, which is 40.

So what did Vikings coach Brad Childress do against the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday? He ran Peterson 18 times and had Favre throw 51 passes....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:

The Minnesota Vikings have the best young running back in the NFL in Adrian Peterson, who is just starting to reach his prime at 24.

They have an aging quarterback in Brett Favre, who sometimes acts his age, which is 40.

So what did Vikings coach Brad Childress do against the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday? He ran Peterson 18 times and had Favre throw 51 passes....
    Thanks for the good reads Singer.

I do agree that I thought they should have given the ball to AP when they were on the 1 yard line maybe one more time.
    However, hind-sight is 20/20.
    Let's not forget he had two chances (1 negated by penalty) and he did not get in.
    What I am wondering is what is the Vikings redzone offense rated?
    IMO they are making too big a deal out of not getting in.
    Before this game weren't they one of the highest rated teams in the redzone?
    Favre has been nearly flawless in the redzone this year.
    This is the first time in a long time I have felt confident they would score when they get near.
    It is bound not to work sometimes but since it has worked so far I don't blame the play calling a bit.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"singersp" wrote:

lol... exactly what I was saying yesterday, yet I was vilified for it. Hilarious.

Yeah, good read Singer.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

lol... exactly what I was saying yesterday, yet I was vilified for it. Hilarious.

Yeah, good read Singer.
    So because Vito Stellino from The Florida Times-Union agrees with you, it makes others opinions false? There was nothing wrong with the decision to throw more than run. There was a problem with the decision to throw on the 1/2 yard line.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

Yeah, good read Singer.
    Just because your point of view is shared with some sports hack doesn't mean you were right or vilified for your thoughts.
    In fact, who is to say the writer watched the game and knew the entire circumsstance surrounding the play calling.
    I watched it and had no issues with it.
    Was it ideal?
    No.
    But considering the team was down by 10 in the 4th quarter what are the options?
    You pass.
    Whether or not you agree is another thing.
    There are many articles in which Singer has posted that look at it differently so again, as always you take one thing and make it into a tell all.
    What else is new?

Look at some variables for once that you seem to always ignore.

"ejmat" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

Yeah, good read Singer.
    Just because your point of view is shared with some sports hack doesn't mean you were right or vilified for your thoughts.
    In fact, who is to say the writer watched the game and knew the entire circumsstance surrounding the play calling.
    I watched it and had no issues with it.
    Was it ideal?
    No.
    But considering the team was down by 10 in the 4th quarter what are the options?
    You pass.
    Whether or not you agree is another thing.
    There are many articles in which Singer has posted that look at it differently so again, as always you take one thing and make it into a tell all.
    What else is new?

Look at some variables for once that you seem to always ignore.
    lol. Whatever makes you feel better.

"marstc09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

Yeah, good read Singer.
    So because Vito Stellino from The Florida Times-Union agrees with you, it makes others opinions false? There was nothing wrong with the decision to throw more than run. There was a problem with the decision to throw on the 1/2 yard line.
    Hmm...

A professional sports writer agreeing with me?

Or a PPO member disagreeing with me?

Yeah, I feel fine in my stance.

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast