Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Vikings' Shiancoe ready to roll, not talk

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    That's amusing!
    I have just returned after a week away from PP.O. so I may have missed it. But what I'm seeing is criticism of catching ability. That's not bothers me. Blocking is. I didn't see others saying that or I would have remained silent.
    I won't look them up because I'm to busy and too lazy but. I have posts regarding Petersons lack of blocking skills. He's a rookie who never had to block, ever. What do you expect?
    It's the reason he didn't start at the beginning of the season. And it's the reason the offense was so predictable when Taylor came in on third down.
    This really isn't about Peterson, is it?
    I don't watch college football, but are you trying to tell us that during AD's time in college when the Sooner's threw the ball almost 1,100 times that AD never had to block, not even once?

[size=8pt]I also do realize that AD did miss some of those games[/size]

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    That's amusing!
    I have just returned after a week away from PP.O. so I may have missed it. But what I'm seeing is criticism of catching ability. That's not bothers me. Blocking is. I didn't see others saying that or I would have remained silent.
    I won't look them up because I'm to busy and too lazy but. I have posts regarding Petersons lack of blocking skills. He's a rookie who never had to block, ever. What do you expect?
    It's the reason he didn't start at the beginning of the season. And it's the reason the offense was so predictable when Taylor came in on third down.
    I don't watch college football, but are you trying to tell us that during AD's time in college when the Sooner's threw the ball almost 1,100 times that AD never had to block, not even once?

Peterson only had 24 receptions his whole college career, so I am willing to bet he was not in on many passing plays and was not required to block. I am pretty sure they had another RB that handled that. I can't remember his name.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"singersp" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    That's amusing!

No. I should have used the word rarely instead of never.But I'm obviously not 'Mr. Technical'.
    The point is, any star running back is toting the rock most of his career prior to entering the NFL.
    And I still don't know what Peterson has to do with Schiancoe!
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    That's amusing!

No. I should have used the word rarely instead of never.But I'm obviously not 'Mr. Technical'.
    The point is, any star running back is toting the rock most of his career prior to entering the NFL.
    Especially when it is all Jackson's fault. ;D :P

Whatever it was.

they just need to use him more. with 8 or 9 in the box he has to block. now that we have some speed on the outside he might be more afective

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"marstc09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    That's amusing!

Peterson only had 24 receptions his whole college career, so I am willing to bet he was not in on many passing plays and was not required to block. I am pretty sure they had another RB that handled that. I can't remember his name.
    "Blocking...blocking...man, we talking 'bout blocking?...Blocking" - Cajun Iverson
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    That's amusing!

The discussion got into the AD side when we were talking about abilities.

As I said, I don't watch college football & didn't think they used a tandem back system in college where they swapped out RB's between passing plays & running plays. I thought the feature back was on the field of play for most of the game & therefore AD would have been in their for quite a lot of passing plays as well. If they did swap him out on the majority of their passing plays, was not their offense predictable?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345