Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Paul Simpson is offline Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    Look at the percentage of Carr's passes tossed ten yards and under. I'm going to assume that his coaching staff knew the limitations of his weak arm as well.
    Think the info about Teddy throwing more short passes is explained in the article ( i read it when first posted) it takes into account the fewer screen passes he threw and not taken away from the percentage he threw downfield.

In fact he is above average at the number he throws over 20 yards and Jerick McKinnon looks quite interesting....

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    We used 2 3rd rounders to draft Backups and possible positions of strength. We had serious holes else where. We do not have 3 WRs. Simpson is a ghost. Shows up for 1 game a year and is mister nobody for 13. Say the same to Wright.
    That is funny because PFW has him rated a pretty high slot for last year. And I like the lineup of Jennings, Patterson, Wright and Rudolph.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    That is funny because PFW has him rated a pretty high slot for last year. And I like the lineup of Jennings, Patterson, Wright and Rudolph.
    Of course you do, he wears purple.
    What did you find most impressive, his 1.5 catches a game or 400 yards.
    He is average(faster than most) and could be be replaced. I actually like him more than Simpson.
    Last edited by kevoncox; 05-15-2014 at 11:47 AM.

I haven't written about every Viking and how great they are, you might be thinking about someone else. And at least I am consistent, as soon as we drafted Bridgewater, you started walking back all your impressions of him. Our WR pos. isn't as big a team need as other pos. like QB, LB, S, CB, G. So I am more comfortable not addressing the pos. and improving others. I sense we may have a difference of opinion.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

What did you find most impressive, his 1.5 catches a game or 400 yards.
    He is average(faster than most) and could be be replaced. I actually like him more than Simpson.
    I like his route running ability, he has above average hands and I like his character. And yes I like him more than Simpson, although they are two different WRs.

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Isn't that exactly what I'm saying? He's fine in the 0-20 yard plays... but his accuracy and arm-strength suffers on long-balls. Am I talking to a brick wall here?

Should I also mention that Manziel was going against SEC defenses vs Bridgewater playing against AAC opponents? Nah, that would make too much sense. (AAC is one of the weakest major conferences in the NCAA... just throwing that out there)

All I'm saying is don't be surprised if we see a very conservative gameplan with Bridgewater... and also, don't be surprised if Bridgewater is Ponder 2.0.
    I have to agree with Kevin in that I'm having trouble pinning down exactly what you ARE saying, to be honest. I thought your main point was Teddy had a weak arm, and nothing you have linked says that at all; it is weak-ER than a few of the others, but that is different, isn't it?

As far as McKinnon, we do not at present have a WR or RB that will play smash mouth football besides AP, and no one wants to see him do that anymore. I think that is the number one reason we got this kid.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    I haven't written about every Viking and how great they are, you might be thinking about someone else. And at least I am consistent, as soon as we drafted Bridgewater, you started walking back all your impressions of him. Our WR pos. isn't as big a team need as other pos. like QB, LB, S, CB, G. So I am more comfortable not addressing the pos. and improving others. I sense we may have a difference of opinion.
    I think I have been consistent with my TB love. I really wanted a QB and could not decide which QB would be the "star". I have defended TB before he was drafted. I wanted JF for a while and wa stalking up Grappaoplo (spelling) for a long time before the draft.

Also my statement about him wearing purple wasn't specific to you. I think we all show homerism to our own players. marginal players are given more credit than they are due and our Stars are the best of the best. That is all I meant. He has some talent but then...so does a ton of other WRs in this league. He can be improved upon.

Quote Originally Posted by drewlovs View Post
    I have to agree with Kevin in that I'm having trouble pinning down exactly what you ARE saying, to be honest. I thought your main point was Teddy had a weak arm, and nothing you have linked says that at all; it is weak-ER than a few of the others, but that is different, isn't it?

As far as McKinnon, we do not at present have a WR or RB that will play smash mouth football besides AP, and no one wants to see him do that anymore. I think that is the number one reason we got this kid.
    You could have saved me 5 posts if you posted this earlier.
    Well said.

I think I have been consistent with my TB love. I really wanted a QB and could not decide which QB would be the "star". I have defended TB before he was drafted. I wanted JF for a while and wa stalking up Grappaoplo (spelling) for a long time before the draft.

Also my statement about him wearing purple wasn't specific to you. I think we all show homerism to our own players. marginal players are given more credit than they are due and our Stars are the best of the best. That is all I meant. He has some talent but then...so does a ton of other WRs in this league. He can be improved upon.
    Stated that way and I am in total agreement with you. I think lumping him in with Simpson gave me the impression you thought he was a bust. IMO he is better than Simpson in so many ways, Simpson has more talent but it doesn't show in the games. As I said before PFW rated him fairly high, not me and I felt we needed to upgrade our D before we tried to improve the slot pos. As I stated earlier though, I didn't mind that we didn't draft a WR as we had more pressing needs this year. I am all for looking for one next year if our draft picks all play to their potential. That would leave the WR position our biggest need in 2015!! Sorry for the misunderstanding. (Oh I like his speed also, he ran a 4.42 at the combine!!)

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    You could have saved me 5 posts if you posted this earlier.
    Well said.
    I guess it's simply semantics... IMO, and many scouts' opinion, having a weak arm means the ball flutters and the deep balls and lacks accuracy. Kevon disputes this, despite Bridgewater's 50% completion rate on balls deeper than 20 yards.

Whatever. Sorta forgot why I stopped posting on this site, then I realized how people argue their point even when presented with facts. Oh well.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast