Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 108
  1. #51
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,492
    But yeah, McKinnon is a good pick... still wish we had drafted Dri Archer though.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  2. #52
    drewlovs's Avatar
    drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    591
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Kevoncox, you're universally wrong and hilariously misinformed on almost everything on this site... have been for years, but I'll entertain your argument anyways.

    A "weak arm" doesn't mean a QB can't throw the ball 50-60 yards... it just means he can't throw it accurately and make the big plays... exactly as these scouting reports state. I'm not anticipating you to understand this, and you'll probably argue this, but it's the truth.

    If you'd like to see a full breakdown of Bridgewater's college passes, checkout this article: 2014's Quarterback Conundrum - Out Of The Box - Rotoworld.com

    You'll notice of the QB's reviewed (Bridgewater, Carr, Bortles, Manziel) that Bridgewater had the 3rd lowest completion percentage of passes over 20 yards... roughly 50%. That does not indicate good arm strength or deep-ball accuracy. Fairly simple stuff here.



    You may also notice that 67.55% of Bridgewater's passes were for 10 yards or less... indicating the coaching staff at Louisville had an understanding of his strengths and weaknesses, keeping the offense to mostly short passes.





    That Ponder scouting report is hilarious... as pretty much every point has been proven wrong. Also like how you don't provide a source to your one (1) scouting report... yet find fault with the 3 scouting reports I provided, with sources.

    Try to keep up though, child.
    I've read that report... wasn't the overall conclusion Bridgewater checked the most boxes? In fact, here is EXACTLY the conclusion the the graph you linked:

    - It’s pretty clear that Bridgewater cleans up in every zone except the deep ball. He’s excellent throwing the short ball where he’s about 6-7% above average for the two zones. Some have criticized Bridgewater’s deep ball, and while not bad - his completion percentage of about 51% is about average.

    They feel Bridgewater "cleaned up" in every passing aspect except the deep ball, where he is just average. Not below average, not weak, just average. How exactly does that make him a weak arm?

    BTW... how many years have you 2 been arguing and insulting each other, exactly? I feel like this is like chapter 13 to a very long book of arguing...
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

    ~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

  3. #53
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,492
    Quote Originally Posted by drewlovs View Post
    I've read that report... wasn't the overall conclusion Bridgewater checked the most boxes? In fact, here is EXACTLY the conclusion the the graph you linked:

    - It’s pretty clear that Bridgewater cleans up in every zone except the deep ball. He’s excellent throwing the short ball where he’s about 6-7% above average for the two zones. Some have criticized Bridgewater’s deep ball, and while not bad - his completion percentage of about 51% is about average.

    They feel Bridgewater "cleaned up" in every passing aspect except the deep ball, where he is just average. Not below average, not weak, just average. How exactly does that make him a weak arm?

    BTW... how many years have you 2 been arguing and insulting each other, exactly? I feel like this is like chapter 13 to a very long book of arguing...
    Isn't that exactly what I'm saying? He's fine in the 0-20 yard plays... but his accuracy and arm-strength suffers on long-balls. Am I talking to a brick wall here?

    Should I also mention that Manziel was going against SEC defenses vs Bridgewater playing against AAC opponents? Nah, that would make too much sense. (AAC is one of the weakest major conferences in the NCAA... just throwing that out there)

    All I'm saying is don't be surprised if we see a very conservative gameplan with Bridgewater... and also, don't be surprised if Bridgewater is Ponder 2.0.
    Last edited by C Mac D; 05-14-2014 at 03:17 PM.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  4. #54
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,308
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Isn't that exactly what I'm saying? He's fine in the 0-20 yard plays... but his accuracy and arm-strength suffers on long-balls. Am I talking to a brick wall here?

    Should I also mention that Manziel was going against SEC defenses vs Bridgewater playing against AAC opponents? Nah, that would make too much sense. (AAC is one of the weakest major conferences in the NCAA... just throwing that out there)

    All I'm saying is don't be surprised if we see a very conservative gameplan with Bridgewater... and also, don't be surprised if Bridgewater is Ponder 2.0.
    All you have to do is watch tape to see that Bridgewater is a weaker arm than Manziel, Bortles and probably Carr. You are right on this account.

    BUT ... I don't think he is Ponder 2.0. His arm is stronger, his timing is better and I think that his CONFIDENCE is better ... which was — honestly — always Ponder's biggest weakness. He hesitates because he is unsure of what he sees. Bridgewater is NOT this and should be fine.

    Both Bridgewater and Ponder have enough arm to drive the 15-20 yard passes, but if you lack faith in yourself ... it will flutter.

    I am completely in the boat that we should have tried a little harder to get that No. 22 and take Manziel. I think Manziel is going to be a star and I really think he would have flourished with Norv, but I do think Bridgewater is more than capable with star potential as an ultimate upside.

    In the end ... as long as you know you don't have an answer at QB (we don't) then you have to keep addressing it. If Bridgewater sucks (which he might) ... then we address it again in 2017 or 2018. You keep taking your shots until you hit.

  5. #55
    marshallvike's Avatar
    marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,471
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Come on man. You are just talking garbage now. You tried to turn not having the strongest arm in the draft class into saying he has a weak arm. Just say you were wrong and move on. He does not have a cannon but he doesn't have a weak arm either.

    "While Bridgewater's arm is impressive, the poise, vision and touch he demonstrates could serve as a "how-to" video on effective quarterback play."

    " Impressive accuracy and touch on throws to all levels of the field, and displays good accuracy while on the move."

    Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

    Two of your quotes came from the same article on NFL.com. The same article that said "Compensates for a lack of elite arm talent....."

    Again hinting that he doesn't have ELITE arm talent but he has the talent to play NFL ball.

    BTW this was Ponder's profile coming out of college
    "Doesn't own a Matthew Stafford-type howitzer, but has plenty of arm strength to make every NFL throw. Good zip on underneath routes; showcasing enough drive to push the ball through tight windows for the quick slant. Good timing and accuracy make up for a lack of a dominant arm for the deep-out. Effective deep-ball thrower; able to launch the ball 50-plus yards with velocity and trajectory."

    Please just stop talking as you are wrong about everything.
    Gotta go with Kevon on this one CMac. Maybe not on the wrong about everything, but the rest of the post
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

  6. #56
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,910
    Accuracy and arm strength are two different things. What you should be looking at on the deep ball is Velocity. Windup is the biggest factor on deep throws. Qbs with strong arms typically don't have to windup to get the ball there. Accuracy is accuracy, the ability to put the ball where it needs to be. Accuracy can be affected by arm strength but a Qb with a weaker arm can still be accurate deep. It just takes them time to windup to do so. TB's issues with the accuracy on the deep ball is laughable....

    Carr...who has the strongest arm in the draft, has the worst deep ball accuracy ( based on completions % which can be affected by WR talent, defenses played, weather/stadiums etc) Basically, your argument is flawed, the argument of the argument you presented is flawed, and I have just wasted 15 mins of my life...

    Prove to me that Teddy has a WEAK arm. Your statement.
    I can prove to you where he has an NFL arm.

  7. #57
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,910
    Quote Originally Posted by drewlovs View Post
    I've read that report... wasn't the overall conclusion Bridgewater checked the most boxes? In fact, here is EXACTLY the conclusion the the graph you linked:

    - It’s pretty clear that Bridgewater cleans up in every zone except the deep ball. He’s excellent throwing the short ball where he’s about 6-7% above average for the two zones. Some have criticized Bridgewater’s deep ball, and while not bad - his completion percentage of about 51% is about average.

    They feel Bridgewater "cleaned up" in every passing aspect except the deep ball, where he is just average. Not below average, not weak, just average. How exactly does that make him a weak arm?

    BTW... how many years have you 2 been arguing and insulting each other, exactly? I feel like this is like chapter 13 to a very long book of arguing...
    We argue because he makes statements with not evidence behind it. Then when he is called on it, he changes his argument. Example is above. He called Teddy a Weak arm Qb. Then he provides evidence that he completed less passes than Bortles and Manziel deep. How does that prove arm strength? It proves accuracy and WR ability. Accuracy is not velocity. BTW according to Sport Science, he had the best velocity of the Qbs tested in the draft. Arm strength is not just how far you can throw it but also how hard you can throw it.

  8. #58
    Ranger's Avatar
    Ranger is offline Coach
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,080
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Kevoncox, you're universally wrong and hilariously misinformed on almost everything on this site... have been for years, but I'll entertain your argument anyways.

    A "weak arm" doesn't mean a QB can't throw the ball 50-60 yards... it just means he can't throw it accurately and make the big plays... exactly as these scouting reports state. I'm not anticipating you to understand this, and you'll probably argue this, but it's the truth.

    If you'd like to see a full breakdown of Bridgewater's college passes, checkout this article: 2014's Quarterback Conundrum - Out Of The Box - Rotoworld.com

    You'll notice of the QB's reviewed (Bridgewater, Carr, Bortles, Manziel) that Bridgewater had the 3rd lowest completion percentage of passes over 20 yards... roughly 50%. That does not indicate good arm strength or deep-ball accuracy. Fairly simple stuff here.



    You may also notice that 67.55% of Bridgewater's passes were for 10 yards or less... indicating the coaching staff at Louisville had an understanding of his strengths and weaknesses, keeping the offense to mostly short passes.





    That Ponder scouting report is hilarious... as pretty much every point has been proven wrong. Also like how you don't provide a source to your one (1) scouting report... yet find fault with the 3 scouting reports I provided, with sources.

    Try to keep up though, child.
    Look at the percentage of Carr's passes tossed ten yards and under. I'm going to assume that his coaching staff knew the limitations of his weak arm as well.

  9. #59
    johnkdbr's Avatar
    johnkdbr is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    38
    I can't wait to see what they do with RB McKinnon. This kid is a stud & sneaky quick. Strong as an ox. He will be a great pass blocker, short rout reciever out of the backfield & change of pace back for AP. And watch out when you get him into space. He could be a late round pick-up in your fantasy draft & consistantly score you a TD and 50 yards recieving & rushing.

  10. #60
    MaxVike's Avatar
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,551
    I love this Jerick McKinnon thread

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •