Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    purpledoom is offline Starter
    Man when he's "under center" he's "uuuunnnder center", practically had his chin resting on the guys butt.

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer
    2014 Combine workout: Jerick McKinnon - NFL Videos

I am pretty excited about this kid. Option QB or not, he ran for over 1800 yards in 2012. If he can catch the ball (combine workout looks like he CAN), this kid could be DANGEROUS. I see a Percy Harvin-like talent here.
    Official combine 4.41 40 time (and ran a 4.35 in his second attempt!). The 4.41 was tied for 10th fastest at the combine! Also tied for 10th most bench press reps among ALL players!

Among RBs at the combine...

2nd fastest 40
    3rd fastest 3 cone drill
    2nd best vertical jump
    Best bench press (32 reps, 2nd was 26)
    4th best 20 yard shuttle
    2nd best broad jump
    Last edited by purplepat; 05-11-2014 at 11:00 AM.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

313zoe is offline Starter
    Blog Entries

Vikings select RB Jerick McKinnon in 3rd round

Or tha vikings could replace him wit Dominique Williams, HB, Wagner i think he's a betta fit for wat tha vikings r looking for

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by 313zoe View Post
    Or tha vikings could replace him wit Dominique Williams, HB, Wagner i think he's a betta fit for wat tha vikings r looking for
    This guy looks like a tank MADE for third and short situations.

I expect to see him when we absolutely need 2 yards, and the defense we are playing knows we are going to pound it out. I think he could get the needed 1st down regardless, ala Eddie Lacy/Marshawn Lynch style.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

C Mac D is online now Posting to P'own
    With a weak-armed QB like Bridgewater, I would have liked to see a shifty RB that could have helped us in the passing game... specifically Dri Archer out of Kent State, who was taken with the very next pick of the draft.

Who knows though, this kid looks like he could be great. It's all a crapshoot at this point.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    Not sure Bridgewater is considered as having a weak arm. Not a cannon but lots of cannon guys can't hit the broad side of a barn. With Peterson aging and Toby gone, and the guys we have not all that electric, McKinnon might be what we need. If he pans out, great pick. If not, bad pick. Like any other.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    Not sure Bridgewater is considered as having a weak arm. Not a cannon but lots of cannon guys can't hit the broad side of a barn. With Peterson aging and Toby gone, and the guys we have not all that electric, McKinnon might be what we need. If he pans out, great pick. If not, bad pick. Like any other.
    anybody see Peyton manning throw the ball lately?? At all over the course of his career... That fucking ball wobbles (sherman said it best). but he's accurate and prepared. Ball location and knowing where to throw the ball all are more important that if somebody has a cannon. as long as he can make all the throws...

Additionally, strong armed QB's rely on arm strength sometime too much see Cutler, Stafford and try and force throws...

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedpurple View Post
    anybody see Peyton manning throw the ball lately?? At all over the course of his career... That fucking ball wobbles (sherman said it best). but he's accurate and prepared. Ball location and knowing where to throw the ball all are more important that if somebody has a cannon. as long as he can make all the throws...

Additionally, strong armed QB's rely on arm strength sometime too much see Cutler, Stafford and try and force throws...
    Good points. By most accounts Bridgewater has good anticipation, can throw guys open, has good mechanics, pocket presence, and knows what he's doing. I think I'll take that combination of factors and compromise on his not being able to throw through a wall. Most scouting reports I've read indicate he can make all the throws necessary in an NFL offense.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    With a weak-armed QB like Bridgewater, I would have liked to see a shifty RB that could have helped us in the passing game... specifically Dri Archer out of Kent State, who was taken with the very next pick of the draft.

Who knows though, this kid looks like he could be great. It's all a crapshoot at this point.
    Calls Bridgewaters arm weak... loves Ponder's.

C Mac D is online now Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Calls Bridgewaters arm weak... loves Ponder's.
    You're being serious? When have I ever said I liked Ponder? The day we drafted Ponder, I called it my darkest day as a Vikings fan...

And Bridgewater's arm is weak.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast