Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by scottishvike View Post
    I'd rather have someone who knows how to play a position rather than be statistically a great athlete. Webb being a case in point.
    The difference is that McKinnon played these positions, whereas Webb did not.

ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler
    This is just my opinion and I am NOT an authority on the draft, but I absolutely HATE this draft so far:
    Barr: A 3-4 linebacker? Is he going to be a DE? An OLB?
    Bridgewater: I think Carr was a better pick and we probably could have grabbed him without trading up.
    Crichton: I like him, but why not go with a CB, DT, MLB here? We have huge needs still unfilled on D.
    McKinnon: Knowing we still have huge needs on D, we pick a project in round 3?

I know Bridgewater was a value pick at the end of 1, Barr is a freak athlete, but overall I'm not impressed.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by ConnecticutViking View Post
    This is just my opinion and I am NOT an authority on the draft, but I absolutely HATE this draft so far:
    Barr: A 3-4 linebacker? Is he going to be a DE? An OLB?
    Bridgewater: I think Carr was a better pick and we probably could have grabbed him without trading up.
    Crichton: I like him, but why not go with a CB, DT, MLB here? We have huge needs still unfilled on D.
    McKinnon: Knowing we still have huge needs on D, we pick a project in round 3?

I know Bridgewater was a value pick at the end of 1, Barr is a freak athlete, but overall I'm not impressed.
    A better Question would be why are we drafting back ups to our strongest position with 3rd picks when we still have holes at critical positions Namely CB?

Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    The difference is that McKinnon played these positions, whereas Webb did not.
    Webb played QB and WR. Still stunk it up.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Vikings select RB Jerick McKinnon in 3rd round

Norv most definitely made an impact on this decision. Can't wait to see this kid in the flat, catching a check down.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    Norv most definitely made an impact on this decision. Can't wait to see this kid in the flat, catching a check down.
    I'm not so sure. We took Toby with less miles on Peterson in the 2nd. Speilman has a history of wanting 2 highly drafted HBs,

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Webb played QB and WR. Still stunk it up.
    Well lets hope that this coaching staff is better at molding an athlete into a player. It is possible that they will try to make him into a CB rather than an offensive player. Frazier and company never knew what to do with Webb.

WWBGD

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    I'm not so sure. We took Toby with less miles on Peterson in the 2nd. Speilman has a history of wanting 2 highly drafted HBs,
    All I'm saying is that I'm sure Norv was asked for his opinion, or provided one…which, frankly, is a given. It was also a given that in Norv's offense, a third down, change of pace, back is a critical component. This kid looks like Darren Sproles on steroids. And, no, I'm not saying he will be the next Darren Sproles.

Clearly, our FO is on the same page…nice to see for a change.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

purpleblood32 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    Omg what third round draft an option qb from souther g....as a back up to ad....spielman put down the f****** pipe dude ...great combine dudes fail at the nfl ...all the time...yes he is fast on game tape but look who was chasing him ...

purpleblood32 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    maybe i jumped the gun on bashing spielman and this kid ....might be a good scat back option ...but i saw his game tape ..he didnt catch many passes ....

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast