singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings Seek More Balanced Offense

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Is everyone who writes or blogs about the Vikings in the off season brain dead?

Let's start with the title...Vikings Seek More Balanced Offense. Really? You think they might? Could there be a more obvious thing to say? How about, "Vikings hope to have more fans", or "Vikings hope to sell more tickets", or even, "Vikings hope to win more games". Hell, we could even take the less direct approach and say something incredibly obvious like, "Vikings hope they don't suck", or even "Vikings hope the other 31 teams in the NFL suck more than they do".

So, with such an obvious title, is there at least something of substance, or even something revelatory?

Nope.

The "interesting" quote (According to the author) is that Leslie doesn't think the Vikings need Adrian to rush for 2500 yards, or even 2000 yards, for the Vikings to win....

...of course, he fails to state how many games. I will agree that if Adrian doesn't rush for 2000 yards the Vikings will win.....at least ONE game. But, let's be honest, the Offense hasn't shown itself to being able to win without AP doing 95% of the heavy lifting.

Which brings us back to our blatantly obvious and relatively stupid title of "Vikings Seek More Balanced Offense". I would HOPE they would...especially since AP won't be here forever.

So, follow this with more blathering about picking up Jennings and Patterson....more obvious crap...

But HERE is where I really soured on this guy. he says, "Even with those improvements to the personnel, Christian Ponder will face many doubters this upcoming season. The only way to silence the critics will be to play lights-out football. Even then, he may not win over the fan base."

WHAT?!?!?!?!!??! Now I agree with sentence #1 and #2. But let's look again at #3, shall we? When has a player EVER played "lights out" football and NOT won over the fan base? Name ONE. In fact, the only guaranteed way TO win over a fan base is.....yup....to play "lights out" football.

Honestly....I hate the off season. I hate people who try to make news out of nothing. But if you're going to try, have the decency to not be dumb about it. Adam Carlson - the author - is probably a really nice guy. Someone I could have a beer with. But please...

This is why my post count drops in the off season....

Caine

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    But HERE is where I really soured on this guy. he says, "Even with those improvements to the personnel, Christian Ponder will face many doubters this upcoming season. The only way to silence the critics will be to play lights-out football. Even then, he may not win over the fan base."

WHAT?!?!?!?!!??! Now I agree with sentence #1 and #2. But let's look again at #3, shall we? When has a player EVER played "lights out" football and NOT won over the fan base? Name ONE.
    Caine

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    But let's look again at #3, shall we? When has a player EVER played "lights out" football and NOT won over the fan base? Name ONE.

Caine
    Well, Brett never won over Marrdro so there is that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
    Not actually true - TO won over fans in Philly and Dallas through great play....

...then lost them through obnoxious off-filed actions and "phoning it in" in later seasons.

Caine

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Well, Brett never won over Marrdro so there is that.
    Yes he did...Marrdro was secretly sexting with Favre after week 6 here. He only got bitter again when Jen broke the news that she had penis pix too.....

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Is everyone who writes or blogs about the Vikings in the off season brain dead?

Let's start with the title...Vikings Seek More Balanced Offense. Really? You think they might? Could there be a more obvious thing to say? How about, "Vikings hope to have more fans", or "Vikings hope to sell more tickets", or even, "Vikings hope to win more games". Hell, we could even take the less direct approach and say something incredibly obvious like, "Vikings hope they don't suck", or even "Vikings hope the other 31 teams in the NFL suck more than they do".

So, with such an obvious title, is there at least something of substance, or even something revelatory?

Nope.

The "interesting" quote (According to the author) is that Leslie doesn't think the Vikings need Adrian to rush for 2500 yards, or even 2000 yards, for the Vikings to win....

...of course, he fails to state how many games. I will agree that if Adrian doesn't rush for 2000 yards the Vikings will win.....at least ONE game. But, let's be honest, the Offense hasn't shown itself to being able to win without AP doing 95% of the heavy lifting.

Which brings us back to our blatantly obvious and relatively stupid title of "Vikings Seek More Balanced Offense". I would HOPE they would...especially since AP won't be here forever.

So, follow this with more blathering about picking up Jennings and Patterson....more obvious crap...

WHAT?!?!?!?!!??! Now I agree with sentence #1 and #2. But let's look again at #3, shall we? When has a player EVER played "lights out" football and NOT won over the fan base? Name ONE. In fact, the only guaranteed way TO win over a fan base is.....yup....to play "lights out" football.

Honestly....I hate the off season. I hate people who try to make news out of nothing. But if you're going to try, have the decency to not be dumb about it. Adam Carlson - the author - is probably a really nice guy. Someone I could have a beer with. But please...

This is why my post count drops in the off season....

Caine
    LOL, I've missed these during my most recent hiatus but if you get right down to it, its been 3 or 4 years since Caine was Caine.

Top shelf old friend. Top shelf indeed.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Yes he did...Marrdro was secretly sexting with Favre after week 6 here. He only got bitter again when Jen broke the news that she had penis pix too.....
    ....snicker.......

The morning show on Sirius had a segment called "Which Jersey do You Wish You Could Give Back"........

I almost called in and said that I wouldn't give any of my Vikings jersey's back but I sure wish I could get all the yutz's who bought number 4s and still wore them to give them all back.....
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg