Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer

Vikings to see 8 in the box all season

My friend who is a fantasy football guru said for me not to draft AD or CT. he said the vikings will see 8 in the box every down. because no one will respect our passing game. he said we will only see a dime or quarter package 3-5 times a game.he said all our WR will be played man to man with the safeties blitzing. an i kinda can see this happening.. with a no name Qb. no name WR. i do see this happening..

so maybe taravis will have alot on his shoulders. to throw becaus we WILL see 8 in the box for most of the game.. just like on defense when every1 threw on us.. on offense every1 will put 8 in the box on us.

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Vikings to see 8 in the box all season

they will do it until we complete a few deeper passes... if twill can get a hold of the longer ones we will not see 8 in the box as much

Thanks josdin00

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Look for AP to get just behind the 8 or in the flat and catch a few for long runs.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

That is probably a good reason to throw deep and actually catch the ball when it is thrown deep.
    If we can't stretch the field, we will be challenged like that in the box.

It comes down to beating the other team!
    Chess Match!

Do you believe we will be able to stretch the field?
    If the answer is yes, then I would bet on CT and AP.

Not to turn this into a FF thread, but if AP and CT are splitting carries, it may not be smart to draft them just for that reason.

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

I agree. But that happened last year, and Chester still had 1200 yards rushing, with a truly anemic offense. With AP in, I think Chester will get at least that. I don't think it will be as bad as you think, but I agree that we will see 8 in the box a lot this year.

If I am Troy Williamson, I am liking that !
    ;D

Let's face it, Thomas Jones had the box stacked most of last year, and still was a good runner. They can stack the box, and if our blocking is good, it doesn't matter that much.

Another thing is, you can throw to the running backs and just get them out of the "box" to begin with. I think we will try to do this with Peterson, get him "in space" and let him jet.

SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer

no but im scared of atlanta.. they got the fastest an best Cn in the league in DeAngelo Hall. if u put Hall on Williamson..lol troy istn doing nothing.. he isnt gonna outrun him no out jump him... then u put another fast cb in jimmy williams on sidney rice.. i bet bobby trusts his CB to let the safties blitz in an have our wr on 1on1 coverage.. an wthey can play 8 in the box all day. with no worries of wr going deep cause troy an sidney cant run with Hall an Williams

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Your friend doesn't have the faintest idea that we run a WCO and that we will throw the ball this year in that offense.
    That means we won't see 8 in the box all the time.

Sure, the fans and the sportswriters out there that don't understand crap about football will also think this but bet your sweet bippy the D-coords of the teams we are gonna face are putting in packages to stop B-wade out of the slot, Rice all over the place, Shank strecthing it up the middle in the seams and the RB/FB's coming out of the backfield in a true WC scheme.

Back to who you should, draft, I wouldn't draft AP or CT (I had CT on my roster in 2 leagues last year and he worked out good) in my leagues, until later rounds, not because of our offensive scheme but because they will be splitting time.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

vike_mike is offline Pro-Bowler

Well then, let's go Troy.
    This is the time you need to step up and deliver.
    He needs to catch every ball for every one he has dropped for 3 seasons. I believe Todd Lowber could be very instrumental in this offense.
    If his 40 speed is what he said it was (4.2) then he should be able to smoke some folks!!
    I am liking our chances already.
    We need to hit some slant in's on the quick too.
    I like when teams throw 8 in the box.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"vike_mike" wrote:
    Well then, let's go Troy.
    This is the time you need to step up and deliver.
    He needs to catch every ball for every one he has dropped for 3 seasons. I believe Todd Lowber could be very instrumental in this offense.
    If his 40 speed is what he said it was (4.2) then he should be able to smoke some folks!!
    I am liking our chances already.
    We need to hit some slant in's on the quick too.
    I like when teams throw 8 in the box.
    Bobby and Shank are gonna make us all happy as they fit the scheme so much better than the guys we released from those position.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Del Rio is offline Coordinator

8 in the box means nothing.

All it means is one more pair of cleats stuck in the ground with broken ankles resting in them as our rb runs by.

You wouldnt pass on Peyton Manning because teams stack the coverage, you wouldnt pass on LT because teams 8box him..... if you think the guy will be good playing behind multiple pro-bowl caliber lineman......then draft him.

Guru?........lol

The only thing better then running well is running well when a team knows you are going to run. You dont think those guys get off on a LB reading the play to perfection and still getting his ass blocked or ran over? It is a chess match but at the end of the day, at the point of collision it's about athletes and making a play, if you feel your guy can make the plays pick em up.
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

My posts are worth 6 of yours.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast