Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Vikings secure tiebreaker over Bears

"carta4eva" wrote:
    "MN_SkolVikings_NC" wrote:
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but if Chicago and Green Bay loses this week, we can clinch the NFC North with a Win at Arizona.

I am cheering hard for New Orleans this Thursday, Jacksonville on Sunday morning and, of course, my beloved Purple in the afternoon!

Skol!
    green bay is a non-factor now as long as we win one more game, but yes with a bears loss and a vikes win, we capture our first ever NFC North title ;D
    GB is still a little bit of a factor, because if Chicago and us lose all of our games, and GB wins out, they own the tiebreakers over us right now.
    Although it's a long shot, we still need them to lose.

carta4eva is offline Asst. Coach Space Invaders Champion

"carta4eva" wrote:
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but if Chicago and Green Bay loses this week, we can clinch the NFC North with a Win at Arizona.

I am cheering hard for New Orleans this Thursday, Jacksonville on Sunday morning and, of course, my beloved Purple in the afternoon!

Skol!
    green bay is a non-factor now as long as we win one more game, but yes with a bears loss and a vikes win, we capture our first ever NFC North title ;D
    GB is still a little bit of a factor, because if Chicago and us lose all of our games, and GB wins out, they own the tiebreakers over us right now.
    Well I am thinking along the lines that if we cannot beat one of three teams which have provided some of the most devastating losses for our beloved purple the past ten year (nate poole, 41-0, and the Choke Job in the Dome in '98) then we don't deserve a playoff birth... but it's moot point because we're gonna roll the Cardinals on the road, and hopefully Chicago loses so we can clinch the NFC North in the same place we so dreadfully choked it away the only time we had a chance to win the "NFC NORTH"
    A wise man once said," Defense Wins Championships!"

"carta4eva" wrote:
    "carta4eva" wrote:

Skol!
    Well I am thinking along the lines that if we cannot beat one of three teams which have provided some of the most devastating losses for our beloved purple the past ten year (nate poole, 41-0, and the Choke Job in the Dome in '98) then we don't deserve a playoff birth... but it's moot point because we're gonna roll the Cardinals on the road, and hopefully Chicago loses so we can clinch the NFC North in the same place we so dreadfully choked it away the only time we had a chance to win the "NFC NORTH"
    AGREED!
    Packers suck too bad to worry about them going 3-0 over the stretch.
    Playoffs, here we come!

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

We are in third place in the NFC. I can't beleive it. You string together a few wins and you are right in the thick of things. This team is almost playing to my expectations The O just needs to step it up a bit more.

vikesfargo is offline Asst. Coach

List of Reasons why we need to beat the Cards

1. The Cards beat us in that fluke game a few years ago and knocked us out of the playoffs.

2. It would be our 9th win of the season, guaranteeing a winning record in the regular season.

3. A 9-win regular season would represent improvement over last year's 8-8 mark.

4. A 9-win regular season would be the first winning season for Brad Childress.

5. If the Bears beat the Saints, a win over the Cards means staying ahead of the Bears.

6. If the Saints beat the Bears, a win over the Cards means winning the NFC North division, the first time the Vikings would have done it.

7. Winning the division clinches the first playoff spot with the new uniforms.

8. Beating the Cardinals head-to-head secures a tiebreaker advantage for the Vikings in playoff seeding. The Cards have clinched the NFC West.

9. Beating the pass-happy Cardinals will mean our passing defense is improving over the course of the season.

10. Beating the Cardinals keeps us in the hunt for a bye (#2 seed) in the playoffs.

Go Vikings!

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"vikesfargo" wrote:

1. The Cards beat us in that fluke game a few years ago and knocked us out of the playoffs.

2. It would be our 9th win of the season, guaranteeing a winning record in the regular season.

3. A 9-win regular season would represent improvement over last year's 8-8 mark.

5. If the Bears beat the Saints, a win over the Cards means staying ahead of the Bears.

6. If the Saints beat the Bears, a win over the Cards means winning the NFC North division, the first time the Vikings would have done it.

8. Beating the Cardinals head-to-head secures a tiebreaker advantage for the Vikings in playoff seeding. The Cards have clinched the NFC West.

9. Beating the pass-happy Cardinals will mean our passing defense is improving over the course of the season.

10. Beating the Cardinals keeps us in the hunt for a bye (#2 seed) in the playoffs.
    List of Reasons why we'll lose:

1. We're the Vikings.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "vikesfargo" wrote:

1. We're the Vikings.
    2. Dissapointment is all we know

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "vikesfargo" wrote:

1. We're the Vikings.
    2. Dissapointment is all we know
    Dude there you go with those negative vibes ... you were on a roll til the end.....

erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

You know how some players like Elway, Montana, Rice etc etc... play even better in the Playoffs then in the regular season? I wonder what AD will do with his first ever playoff run?

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Don't forget that this would be the first time the Vikings have ever won the "NFC North" if we do indeed pull away from the bears this week. If a bears loss on Thursday and the NFC north crown staring them in the face can't get them fired up, I don't know what can.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast