Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 53
  1. #1
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is online now PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,212

    Vikings secure tiebreaker over Bears - Vikings still the division favorite

    [size=12pt]Vikings secure tiebreaker over Bears[/size]

    By

    David Haugh
    Tribune reporter


    9:57 PM CST, December 7, 2008

    Lovie Smith was doing some scoreboard-watching Sunday, but not the kind you might think....


    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #2
    SKOL's Avatar
    SKOL is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,735

    Re: Vikings secure tiebreaker over Bears

    Thanks singer.

    I'm not sure I understand all the tiebreaker scenario's after head-to-head.
    We have three conference games left and the Bears have two.
    It seems like there would be a lot left up in the air... unless they have a terrible record against the NFC.
    I guess I'm too lazy to look into it.

    The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

  3. #3
    Vikeman is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    641

    Re: Vikings secure tiebreaker over Bears

    "singersp" wrote:
    [size=12pt]Vikings secure tiebreaker over Bears[/size]

    By

    David Haugh
    Tribune reporter


    9:57 PM CST, December 7, 2008

    Lovie Smith was doing some scoreboard-watching Sunday, but not the kind you might think....

    The tie-breaker is huge.
    Just observations from yesterday.
    If the Wil. boys stay on the field, I like our chances.

    1.
    The next opponent--the Cards-- who won big yesterday and locked up div.
    Lot's of celebrating.
    Prime for a letdown next week.

    2.
    Falcons are showing a few chinks in the armour.
    The Vikes beat the team they lost to yesterday and are 2-1 vs. NFC south.

    3.
    Last 2 meetings with Giants the vikes dominated on the road.
    They match up well with this team, and this time it's at home where the Vikes are 5-1. The G-men are also showing a few chinks in the armour, as well.
    If Philly can beat them on the road, well....
    A good friend will help you move...a best friend will help you move a body.

  4. #4
    skum's Avatar
    skum is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    2,884
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Vikings secure tiebreaker over Bears

    we can clinch next week


    ----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

  5. #5
    SKOL's Avatar
    SKOL is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,735

    Re: Vikings secure tiebreaker over Bears

    So if we win just one of our next three games the Bears would have to win-out in order to take the division.

    The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

  6. #6
    carta4eva's Avatar
    carta4eva is offline Asst. Coach Space Invaders Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    549

    Re: Vikings secure tiebreaker over Bears

    We now have a reason to watch thursday night football this week and what sweet vengeance would it be if given the opportunity to clinch the division in the same place we choked it away just 5 short seasons ago :'(
    I bet you KWILL, Matty-B, & Mt. Mckinnie remember the heartbreak of that game... Let's go cook them birds in the desert.... GO SAINTS give us the opportunity to make this scenario plausible
    A wise man once said," Defense Wins Championships!"

  7. #7
    Vikeman is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    641

    Re: Vikings secure tiebreaker over Bears

    "carta4eva" wrote:
    We now have a reason to watch thursday night football this week and what sweet vengeance would it be if given the opportunity to clinch the division in the same place we choked it away just 5 short seasons ago :'(
    I bet you KWILL, Matty-B, & Mt. Mckinnie remember the heartbreak of that game... Let's go cook them birds in the desert.... GO SAINTS give us the opportunity to make this scenario plausible
    Those guys had better remember that game in Arizona.
    I will never forget that one.
    A good friend will help you move...a best friend will help you move a body.

  8. #8
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,854

    Re: Vikings secure tiebreaker over Bears

    "Vikeman" wrote:
    "carta4eva" wrote:
    We now have a reason to watch thursday night football this week and what sweet vengeance would it be if given the opportunity to clinch the division in the same place we choked it away just 5 short seasons ago :'(
    I bet you KWILL, Matty-B, & Mt. Mckinnie remember the heartbreak of that game... Let's go cook them birds in the desert.... GO SAINTS give us the opportunity to make this scenario plausible
    Those guys had better remember that game in Arizona.
    I will never forget that one.
    Nate poole and the ref must Dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    130

    Re: Vikings secure tiebreaker over Bears

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but if Chicago and Green Bay loses this week, we can clinch the NFC North with a Win at Arizona.

    I am cheering hard for New Orleans this Thursday, Jacksonville on Sunday morning and, of course, my beloved Purple in the afternoon!

    Skol!

  10. #10
    carta4eva's Avatar
    carta4eva is offline Asst. Coach Space Invaders Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    549

    Re: Vikings secure tiebreaker over Bears

    "MN_SkolVikings_NC" wrote:
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but if Chicago and Green Bay loses this week, we can clinch the NFC North with a Win at Arizona.

    I am cheering hard for New Orleans this Thursday, Jacksonville on Sunday morning and, of course, my beloved Purple in the afternoon!

    Skol!
    green bay is a non-factor now as long as we win one more game, but yes with a bears loss and a vikes win, we capture our first ever NFC North title ;D
    A wise man once said," Defense Wins Championships!"

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Bears to sweep the division
    By Reximus in forum Weekly Opponent Talk
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 09-25-2006, 01:20 AM
  2. MOVED: Bears to sweep the division
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-23-2006, 03:56 PM
  3. Do you think the Vikings can win the Division?
    By dan3ski in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 05-25-2005, 07:29 PM
  4. Favorite team in each division
    By hawaiianvike21 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 05-01-2005, 06:36 PM
  5. Bears are going to win the division next year
    By DuhBears in forum Weekly Opponent Talk
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 02-08-2005, 01:07 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •