Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings searching for answers at LB

Vikings searching for answers at linebacker

Vikings searching for answers at linebacker

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    Lind Backer is my big concern as well .... it could make or break our year ... it has to be addressed for us to be successful.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    I'm not worried about the LB'rs this year but only if they keep Singletary the hell away from them and let coach Pagac run the show with that position.

Truth is, I think we are going to see a bit more of a rotation at LB'r (Chad, Erin, Griff, Jasper, Odie) that one would normally see based on what I believe our new D-coord will try to do.

Rationale for this is based on the article I posted the other day about the difference between the C2 and T2, especially the MLB spot.

If we don't need a guy in there that has to read run, TE and then deep and just a guy that reads run then deep, a guy like Jasper or Griff should be more than sufficient with both really providing a shored up presence in the middle against the run, which is needed by the way, without a true 0/1 tech NT.

Heck, I am really looking forward to seeing both Jasper and Griff lining up at MLB behind K-dubb and Guion. should really make it tough on C/G's which could/should free up JA and Rob on the outsides.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by thorshammer View Post
    Lind Backer is my big concern as well .... it could make or break our year ... it has to be addressed for us to be successful.
    I hear ya, but I think two things will help...

1. Offense stays on the field more. Our defense would be fresher which should play into the added speed aspect that they seem to be trying to add.

2. As a unit, I think our defense is probably as well rounded as its been for about 3 years. Although it doesn't have alot of stars, I think it has alot of pieces and parts that should compliment each other, especially if the new D-coord can be as creative as I hope he is going to be when it comes to player packages outside of our base defense.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Why don't we just resign EJ Henderson, I think he has realistic expectations on what he'll be paid now. Was there an ugly fall-out that I missed?

Let's bring him back, even if it's just for depth.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Why don't we just resign EJ Henderson, I think he has realistic expectations on what he'll be paid now. Was there an ugly fall-out that I missed?

Let's bring him back, even if it's just for depth.
    Good question.

I am not aware of a fallout. I think they are just willing to roll the dice with young guys behind Jasper at this point. Having EJ on the roster would take reps from them.

That is all an assumption on my part.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Vikings searching for answers at LB

EJ is in play

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    EJ is in play
    I heard on Sirius that the Raiders want him, just don't have the CAP to sign him.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    EJ is in play
    +1

You shouldn't let a veteran LB starter go unless you have an answer for your LB already.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    +1

you shouldn't let a veteran lb starter go unless you have an answer for your lb already.
    bingo!!!!!!

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast