Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

Re: VIKINGS' SEARCH FOCUSING ON FOUR?

One reason they may not go for Studwell (besides him being content where he is) is that by hiring him for that position you in turn open up another position in your organization....

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Yeah that's true, plus we all know how great Studwell is at what he does so why change him to something else that he may not do as well and then his old position could be filled by someone who doesn't do as well as what he used to do. It's a big chain reaction! In summary: Keep Studwell where he is and hire out!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach

Runnin' back by committee don't woik, an' runnin' a team by committee don't woik either, y'know? Dere needs ta be jus' one top dog, one mug ta make da decisions, y'know? Any mob, uh.... I mean.... any organization dat is successful knows dat, y'know?

Get a good GM wit' lots of savvy an' fuhgedaboudit!
    "From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "thanatoschristou" wrote:
    I am inclined to agree with someone needing to have the power. They need someone smart. The Twins suck but it is not Terry Ryans fault, he is an amazing GM. Get a good GM with an owner who is willing to spend the bling and we could win Bowls.
    True!

The Twins have had some awesome GMs.

Guys that are passionate about their (sport)job.

It would be great to have someone that is "The Guy" in the Vikings organization that can devote his whole being to the well being of the Vike's future.
    If we did have one guy though wouldn't that mean that we would lose Rob B. because he is part of the triangle and that guy would be doing his job? I say we hire a guy check his resume very carefully and make sure he will value the opinions of those we have put him together with.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

I think Jason Licht would fit good! He worked with Childress and knows the kind of players he is after!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"Rule by committee NEVER works".

Mark that down. Put it in your notebooks. Save it to your desktops.

You can NEVER have a group of people in charge...EVER. It NEVER works. There ALWAYS has to be ONE person who makes the final call.

I hope that Zygi realizes that he doesn't know enough about football to be that "one"...but I'm afraid that he doesn't. I wish he would find a GM, and give THAT guy the juice to make policy...but he won't.

Nope, Zygi is in love with the idea that a geometric shape based authority structure is a great idea. Even if he is completely WRONG about it.

I wonder if Zygi feels threatened by the idea of bringing in a GM? I wonder if he feels like it won't be HIS team anymore if he does? After all, I noticed that he wasted no time at all installing his FAMILY into positions of authority. His brother and his son, whose football knowledge is derived from watching the Giants from a private suite in Giant's stadium. Not exactly a great resume piece there.

I'm afraid that Zygi will try and be a "hands-on" owner...which NO football team needs, unless that owner is Jimmy Johnson, Bud Grant, or someone similar. But football guys never have enough scratch to buy a franchise. So, wanna-be football guys buy them, and try to run them.

And it seldom works.

None of THESE guys:

Zygi Wilf
    Owner/Chairman

Mark Wilf
    Owner/President

Leonard Wilf
    Owner/Vice Chairman

David Mandelbaum
    Vikings Ownership Partner

Alan Landis

Reggie Fowler

...should make ANY football related decisions. They might mean well, but they simply don't have the expertise to do so.

Zygi, hire a friggin' GM and sit back and sign the checks. Disband the "Triangle of Authority"...or whatever geometric shape it's in now (With only 2 sides, is it now the "line of Death"?)...and bring in ONE person to call the shots. There is a reason that virtually EVERY NFL franchise does that.

Because it WORKS.

Caine

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

That's tellin' 'em, Caine! Not that they will listen though!!!

DUMB BASSES!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

I agree with Caine, I have already posted similar sentiments, just not worded as well as Caine's post.

I found your post more entertaining than the so called "PROs" in the media that have attempted humor on the situation.

A+

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12