Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

VIKINGS' SEARCH FOCUSING ON FOUR?

From PFT - http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

[size=18px]VIKINGS' SEARCH FOCUSING ON FOUR?[/size]

Although the specific plans of the Minnesota Vikings for replacing former V.P. of player personnel Fran Foley, who lasted in the job for only three months, are unclear, there's talk that the new hire will come from one of four men: Jaguars pro personnel director Charles Bailey, Chiefs vice president of player personnel Bill Kuharich, Eagles vice president of player personnel Jason Licht, and Patriots director of college scouting Tom Dimitroff.

Dimitroff was a candidate the job that Foley got, but Dimitroff pulled his name from consideration early in the process. Bailey and Kuharich also were candidates as well, but both were passed over for Foley. (And that's not something to emphasize on your resume.) Licht wasn't in the mix the last time around, but his boss Tom Heckert was.

We've previously argued that the Vikes should retreat to square one, compiling a new crop of "A" list candidates -- and committing sufficient pay and authority to the job. The problem, as multiple league insiders believe, is that the team's existing power structure doesn't want someone who doesn't know his place. Indeed, it could be that Foley's failure to accept his intended role fueled the effort to get him fired.

Our guess? Guys like Licht and Dimitroff would be included in the process merely to give legitimacy to it. In the end, it will be Bailey or Kuharich, we believe.

Moving forward, it remains to be seen whether owner Zygi Wilf has hired too many captains for his ship that seemingly has no rudder. If we would have had a spare $600 million last year, and if we had decided to spend it on a team that generally has had a close-but-no-cigar existence for 40-plus years, the first order of business in the offseason would have been to hire one guy (either coach or G.M.) who would carry all the power -- and all the accountability. The problem now is that, if the team continues to dog paddle in the ocean of pro football, it'll be hard to figure out who specifically should get the blame.

Maybe they'll try to blame it on Foley.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

slinkey is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: VIKINGS' SEARCH FOCUSING ON FOUR?

KNOB is my only response.

MightyVikes12391 is offline Pro-Bowler

whoever is the best for us

BadlandsVikings is online now Jersey Retired

Hire the person who's resume is accurate.

I am inclined to agree with someone needing to have the power. They need someone smart. The Twins suck but it is not Terry Ryans fault, he is an amazing GM. Get a good GM with an owner who is willing to spend the bling and we could win Bowls.
    We can solve poverty today.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Is there any way we can get John Scherholtz, or Theo Epstein in here? :lol:

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

For some reason I thought Studwell would get the job. Does anyone know why he wouldn't be considered for the position? Tom Dimitroff is being considered, and he's at the same level as Studwell (with the Patriots).

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I was hoping that Studwell would get the job, but I guess it would be better to leave him where he's at, he's done a heck of a job!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"SKOL" wrote:
    For some reason I thought Studwell would get the job. Does anyone know why he wouldn't be considered for the position? Tom Dimitroff is being considered, and he's at the same level as Studwell (with the Patriots).
    I saw it written in an article posted recently, that Studwell doesn't want the job. He is perfectly happy with the position he is in right now, he likes the scouting aspect.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"thanatoschristou" wrote:
    I am inclined to agree with someone needing to have the power. They need someone smart. The Twins suck but it is not Terry Ryans fault, he is an amazing GM. Get a good GM with an owner who is willing to spend the bling and we could win Bowls.
    True!

The Twins have had some awesome GMs.

Guys that are passionate about their (sport)job.

It would be great to have someone that is "The Guy" in the Vikings organization that can devote his whole being to the well being of the Vike's future.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast