Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Re: Vikings @ Seahawks - Preseason Week 2 - Post Game

A few thoughts:

1) OL - hmmm...gotta get the left side in synch, or, all three QBs will play significant time. Yes, Johnson owned up to his fuck up, but, at some point, they gotta end.

2) McNabb looks like a man on a mission...hope it continues.

3) Kyle Rudolph could be our best tight end ever. Bold statement, given, Jordan, Senser, Voight, but, I think this kid is going to be special. In fact, I think he will contribute this year.

4) Very encouraged by Letroy Guion and Ayolede. Everson Griffin is looking better. Adrian Awasom looks like a pretty good depth add, ditto Ballard. DLine appears as advertised, quicker and more athletic. So far so good.

5) A little concerned about WLB. Erin seems to be inconsistent.

6) DBs...nice to see Griff on the field. Cook looks like he may be a decent answer to counter bigger WRs...hopefully. Sherels is a football player...I am pulling for the kid. Safety, still a major concern IMHO. Without a good pass rush, we don't have good enough safeties to stop an NFL QB on a consistent basis. Playing six games against Rodgers, Stafford, and Cutler...this has got to get better. Successful blitzes can help...

7) T-Joke still hasn't perfected the jump pass...:huh: Seahawks fans have got to be concerned. Happily, I'm not anymore.

6)

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by "NodakPaul" #1105280
    McNabb looked solid. Wish he played more of the game so I could get a better feel for him. He only had two drives, and the first a bit short.

Ponder is showing that he is making the right decisions, but his execution needs a lot of work. I think that will come, but he is in no way shape or form ready to start yet. I can't wait to see Ponder as our starting QB - but I want to wait until he gives us a better chance to win football games. At this point McNabb still gives us a much much better chance to win.

One thing that I LOVE about Ponder is his ability to sell the play action. With AD lining up in the backfield, this is going to be dangerous.

I am not going to get excited about the D yet. So they shut down a horrible offense. Not enough to make me excited yet. Looking forward to seeing what they will do against the boys next week.
    Im not so sold on Ponder, i'll be happier when i see him and his arm strength air it out, which was the biggest negative against him coming out of college.. too many passes last night were under thrown or too much air under them.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

McNabb looked solid. Wish he played more of the game so I could get a better feel for him. He only had two drives, and the first a bit short.

Ponder is showing that he is making the right decisions, but his execution needs a lot of work. I think that will come, but he is in no way shape or form ready to start yet. I can't wait to see Ponder as our starting QB - but I want to wait until he gives us a better chance to win football games. At this point McNabb still gives us a much much better chance to win.

One thing that I LOVE about Ponder is his ability to sell the play action. With AD lining up in the backfield, this is going to be dangerous.

I am not going to get excited about the D yet. So they shut down a horrible offense. Not enough to make me excited yet. Looking forward to seeing what they will do against the boys next week.
    No love for webb?

Hmmm. He lead a scoring drive and threw a nice TD pass.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Quote Originally Posted by "MaxVike" #1105296
    A few thoughts:

4) Very encouraged by Letroy Guion and Ayolede. Everson Griffin is looking better. Adrian Awasom looks like a pretty good depth add, ditto Ballard. DLine appears as advertised, quicker and more athletic. So far so good.
    Ayodele if you remember, had a big game against the Vikes in the NFCCG. He's the one that recovered a Vikings fumble & was also one of the two DL men that hit Favre & put him on a stretcher.

He only had 1 tackle last night as he did in the prior week. Not enough for me to be excited about yet.

I don't think the Vikings D appears to be "as advertised" yet. They should have been able to literally kill Jackson last night given their poor OL. They got some pressure, but never sacked Jackson or Whitehurst.

I'll reserve judgement after they play a team that isn't sub .500 in the regular season. It's still week 2 of preseason, nothing to get to excited or worried about yet.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1105304
    A few thoughts:

Ayodele if you remember, had a big game against the Vikes in the NFCCG. He's the one that recovered a Vikings fumble & was also one of the two DL men that hit Favre & put him on a stretcher.

He only had 1 tackle last night as he did in the prior week. Not enough for me to be excited about yet.

I don't think the Vikings D appears to be "as advertised" yet. They should have been able to literally kill Jackson last night given their poor OL. They got some pressure, but never sacked Jackson or Whitehurst.

I'll reserve judgement after they play a team that isn't sub .500 in the regular season. It's still week 2 of preseason, nothing to get to excited or worried about yet.
    T-JOKE can also scramble. Most QBs are not quick as him. That is why they did not "kill" him. They did however shut him down. That is what matters.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1105300

No love for webb?

Hmmm. He lead a scoring drive and threw a nice TD pass.
    Webb looked as good as anyone can be expected when playing with third strings against third strings. Amazingly athletic, no surprises.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

A few thoughts:

True to form...you have a critical reply. Thanks for being consistent.

My Point is, that, after two Preseason games, I'm encouraged by their play, not necessarily, the sack results. Preseason is when Teams audition their lesser players.

I didn't say this Defensive line was the fucking Purple People Eaters, nor, did I indicate that I have reached my conclusion of whether we have a good DLine or not. I said, I am encouraged by their play. Being encouraged is decidedly different than being excited...which is implied in my post, and, agreed.

Yes, I remember Ayolede, he is a piece, not the answer. Holy Shit, you are the most condescending person ever.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I missed a bit of the first quarter, but from what I saw against a terrible seattle team.

Offense:
    OL actually looked alright. Had a few misses. Some missed blocks in the run game by one person blew up the entire play a couple times, and a couple bad protections, but as a whole, I thought they showed much improvement. Good blitz pickups, good protection. Coop looks better in there than Sully ever did.

RB: Gerhart looked alright, Booker is my surprise start for this season. He'll have a nice year as a 3rd down back/returner. Gotta stop the fumbles though.

TE: Rudolph looks real good. Once he learns the game, gets up to speed and on the same page as McNabb, that will be a great combo there. Sauce looked good as usual, loved seeing the long reception. Probably the most the guy has run in a game without falling over in years.

WR: Things are looking interesting. Other than the top 3, it'll be tough to fill those last two spots. I loved seeing Aromashodu making plays on the ball, unlike what Berrian would do. Johnson didn't really do anything this game, and Arceneaux got thrown to, but other than that TD that he fumbled through the endzone, never really came up with anything.

Ponder looked like a rookie with alot to learn. McNabb was solid, and Webb surprisingly looked very poised and threw very well. I want to see more of him vs. the #2s.

DL played pretty well. Loved the goal line stand, LB's were decent, filling in well.

DB's played decently... until a QB with skill came into the game.

Seahawks:

They instantly got better the moment TJ stepped off the field.

Quote Originally Posted by "MaxVike" #1105314
    A few thoughts:

True to form...you have a critical reply. Thanks for being consistent.

My Point is, that, after two Preseason games, I'm encouraged by their play, not necessarily, the sack results. Preseason is when Teams audition their lesser players.

I didn't say this Defensive line was the fucking Purple People Eaters, nor, did I indicate that I have reached my conclusion of whether we have a good DLine or not. I said, I am encouraged by their play. Being encouraged is decidedly different than being excited...which is implied in my post, and, agreed.

Yes, I remember Ayolede, he is a piece, not the answer. Holy Shit, you are the most condescending person ever.
    I'm not being critical of your opinion, nor am I being condescending. just giving you my opinion of the DL situation. Nowhere did I laugh, make fun of your opinion or belittle it. Nor does it mean I feel my opinion is better than yours. I simply stated I am not as encouraged yet as you are. That's my opinion at this time. At this time next week I may be just as encouraged as you are.

I brought up Ayodele because you mentioned him. I'd like him to be the player he once was & step up his game. Like I said, we're only two preseason games in & a lot can happen over the next 3 weeks. I feel we need to play against a more worthy opponent to see how we do.

One guy that has been impressing me has been Erin Henderson. Hope he can keep it up & avoid the stupid penalties.

Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1105311
    A few thoughts:

T-JOKE can also scramble. Most QBs are not quick as him. That is why they did not "kill" him. They did however shut him down. That is what matters.
    What matters to me is not can they shut down what many here call a terrible QB, but can they shut down or limit an Aaron Rodgers, a Cutler, a Drew Brees, a Matt Ryan, etc.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast