Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings @ Seahawks - Preseason Week 2 - Post Game

Just a few thoughts....

Ryan Cook getting his usual penalties.

Tony Carter looked pretty good. Wouldn't mind giving him a shot over some of those clowns at CB.

Lorenzo Booker looked good again. I need to redig that thread on him I posted.

Tristan Davis had a nice cut and speed. More impressive than Sherels speed IMO.

LONGwell kicked great as usual. All kicks in the endzone but I am sure Marrdro will bitch about something.

T-JOKE that is all. Whitehurst should get the spot. Much better AGAIN! lol Whitehurst.

Adrian Awasom played well.

I have to watch the 1st quarter since NFL network decided to air the rest of a shitty long previous game. Jackasses.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "midgensa" #1105184
    I was pretty happy with almost all things Vikings tonight. I thought the first teams on offense and defense looked pert good.

I think that Ponder and Webb both look more than capable of being solid backups no matter which order that they end up in.

I was VERY impressed in Toby tonight. I think hie could be pretty valuable to us.

I also have noticed that the WR battle is going to be intense all the way to the end. Berrian, Harvin and Jenkins are locks. But the last two spots will be very interesting. Jaymar, Arceneaux, Camarillo, Aromashodu and Iglesias have all done good things in camp and in game play, but only two of them will stick around. My money is kind of on Jaymar and Aromashodu ... But I think Iglesias is really making things interesting.
    Talking about the WRs I agree but I have a suggestion. I like what I see out of Jaymar, Aromashodu and Iglesias. I kinow this has no chances of happening but they should dump Berrian and keep all three of those guys. Hell, what would the Vikings be losing? Jenkins can do everything Berrian and more IMO. Harvin is Harvin and one of those three can handle the other WO spot. Just my two cents.

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1105245
    Just a few thoughts....

Tony Carter looked pretty good. Wouldn't mind giving him a shot over some of those clowns at CB.

LONGwell kicked great as usual. All kicks in the endzone but I am sure Marrdro will bitch about something.

T-JOKE that is all. Whitehurst should get the spot. Much better AGAIN! lol Whitehurst.

I have to watch the 1st quarter since NFL network decided to air the rest of a shitty long previous game. Jackasses.
    Nice post Mars.

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries

Overall I was pretty happy with what I saw.

1st team defense looked very good. A lot of pressure put on Jackson and they really struggled moving the ball against us.

I loved how our 2nd string defense stuffed their starters on the goal line. I believe that failure really started getting into Seattle's players head. The Curry penalty was clearly due to frustration.

That was what I liked the most about the 1st half. Watching our second units on both sides of the ball having success against their starting units.

Awasom really stood out. Say what you want about losing Ray Edwards but I love our depth at DE.

Charles Johnson blew that 1st sack. That just cannot happen. If he doesn't get his crap squared away then I hope they give DeMarcus Love some 1st team reps.

Chris DeGeare at RT was not pretty. I cannot see that working at all.

I bet JA must have been pissed when he missed Jackson when they left him open.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1105245
    Just a few thoughts....

Adrian Awasom played well.

Just makes me wonder again why Rice went to the Seahags. All that money, but no one to throw to him.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

LT Charlie Johnson on early sack on McNabb: "Yeah, I messed up. I own up to it. I went the wrong way."
    http://twitter.com/#!/VikingsNow/status/105156434748125186

Good to see a guy fess up. I always mention a guy missing a block and Marrdro always has an excuse. Not this time my friend.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Culpepper_4717" #1105179
    The offence is looking better, but I wanna see them score some TDs.
    Sums up my feelings EXACTLY.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

McNabb looked solid. Wish he played more of the game so I could get a better feel for him. He only had two drives, and the first a bit short.

Ponder is showing that he is making the right decisions, but his execution needs a lot of work. I think that will come, but he is in no way shape or form ready to start yet. I can't wait to see Ponder as our starting QB - but I want to wait until he gives us a better chance to win football games. At this point McNabb still gives us a much much better chance to win.

One thing that I LOVE about Ponder is his ability to sell the play action. With AD lining up in the backfield, this is going to be dangerous.

I am not going to get excited about the D yet. So they shut down a horrible offense. Not enough to make me excited yet. Looking forward to seeing what they will do against the boys next week.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

gamecocksbaseball31 is offline Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1105238
    The starting offense looked better this week, but still failed to put up 7 points for a 2nd consecutive week, stalling twice in the redzone.

Still seeing the CRE in Frazier & wonder WTF he's doing. He calls time out before the half, giving Ponder 56 seconds to work with & then has him throw short 5 yd dunk passes rather than trying to go down field for a scoring opportunity. Preseason is the perfect opportunity to do that. What was the purpose of the timeout?
    uh. Fraiser isn't calling the plays. Not his fault. :huh:

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Quote Originally Posted by "NodakPaul" #1105280
    I am not going to get excited about the D yet. So they shut down a horrible offense. Not enough to make me excited yet. Looking forward to seeing what they will do against the boys next week.
    Same here. As bad as the Seahawks OL is, as bad a QB as people say TJ is, as happy as people were when Robison replaced Edwards, touting he was better, The Vikings D failed to sack TJ once.

The goal line stance by the second team, I was happy with.

We should be playing much better against a 6-10 team we lost to & against a 7-9 team, from a weak division, who most here would agree got worse this year.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast