singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings - Seahawks Post-game rants, raves & observations

Post them here if you got'em....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Re: Vikings - Seahawks Post-game rants, raves & observations

Wade looked great yesterday.

Taylor showed some great stuff.

Our special teams coverages & returns need some serious help. We're constantly giving up too many yards on returns & not gaining enough on kick-offs.

The Wade pass to V-Shi was a thing of beauty as was Winfields's interception. I agree with the announcers, Winfield is having one of the best years of his career.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

In the limited view of the game I had I saw the following:

RBs looked great. Both Chester Taylor and AP looks promising for the coming season.

I don't think TJack did all that bad, away from the fumble. He still don't thrown interceptions, and the premium is on getting the balls out quickly. It's an approach I like until he finds his feet a little better in the NFL.
    Bollinger on the other hand looker terrible.

Red zone work still need work. 4 shots from the 4th yd line ends with another Bollinger interception. Not good enough, you must be able to run it those 4 yards on 3 attempts.
    Good to see that they did get the one in there with the little trick play, even if I would rather had seen it done by TJack. Did anyone else get flash back to us doing the exact same thing last year at quest field, only with Moore passing it to Wiggins.

I kind of laughed when Childress got in the face of Shiancoe about the false start that ended the final drive of TJack. I guess he won't stand for those penalties this year.

The defense were not as great as we have seen them in the past two games, but I did notice that Greenway made a few plays, as well as Winfield that had the interception.

Boy oh boy did McCauley get burned on that long TD pass. Man coverage with no one to back him up, then you can't allow him to get past you just like that. After watching the replay I think that Tank Williams might have been the guy that should have been back there. But it doesn't take away that it were a bad play by McCauley. It shows what we did know if we are honest, he tends sometime to struggle when he lines up close to the line for scrimmage over his man.

I don't even want to get in to the special teams. They were just plain terrible. I hope some of it is because there are a lot of fringe players on there, and it will prove a little better once the lineup gets figured out. But in general something serious has got to change.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"cogitans" wrote:
    In the limited view of the game I had I saw the following:

RBs looked great. Both Chester Taylor and AP looks promising for the coming season.

I don't think TJack did all that bad, away from the fumble. He still don't thrown interceptions, and the premium is on getting the balls out quickly. It's an approach I like until he finds his feet a little better in the NFL.
    Bollinger on the other hand looker terrible.

Red zone work still need work. 4 shots from the 4th yd line ends with another Bollinger interception. Not good enough, you must be able to run it those 4 yards on 3 attempts.
    Good to see that they did get the one in there with the little trick play, even if I would rather had seen it done by TJack. Did anyone else get flash back to us doing the exact same thing last year at quest field, only with Moore passing it to Wiggins.

I kind of laughed when Childress got in the face of Shiancoe about the false start that ended the final drive of TJack. I guess he won't stand for those penalties this year.

The defense were not as great as we have seen them in the past two games, but I did notice that Greenway made a few plays, as well as Winfield that had the interception.

Boy oh boy did McCauley get burned on that long TD pass. Man coverage with no one to back him up, then you can't allow him to get past you just like that. After watching the replay I think that Tank Williams might have been the guy that should have been back there. But it doesn't take away that it were a bad play by McCauley. It shows what we did know if we are honest, he tends sometime to struggle when he lines up close to the line for scrimmage over his man.

I don't even want to get in to the special teams. They were just plain terrible. I hope some of it is because there are a lot of fringe players on there, and it will prove a little better once the lineup gets figured out. But in general something serious has got to change.
    Great post.

Sure hope we don't have to rely on BB anytime this year.
    Damn.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

It was a mixed performance.

The running game was great, the passing game was better but still need alot of work on timing of routes and ball placement by the QB

The line was doing a great job of run blocking and a better job of pass protection at times, but Cook had early stupid penalties that can't happen and they do need to give TJ more time in the pocket on a consistent basis.

The Defense looked good for most of the plays but had a few crucial breakdowns that cost them. I had hoped to see more penetration by the defensive line since Walter Jones didn't play so they revamped the line by moving the R Tackle to Left Tackle and put in a sub at Left Tackle. We should have to be able to get to the QB more consistently with that scenario.
    EJ had a nice hit on Hasselbeck, though.

Special teams are indeed special this year, as in specially bad. One good punt that pinned Seattle at the .5 was the bright spot on an otherwise underperforming squad. Allison looked hesitant and afraid to take a hit and his replacement was so underwhelming I can't recall who he was.

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

[quote author=UffDaVikes link=topic=37122.msg625214#msg625214 date=1188137947]

/quote]

It wasn't a mixed performance.
    We stunk, plain and simple.
    It started bad when Tjack fumbled the first snap, and got worse from there.
    But, it was only a preseason game so mark it up as a learning experience and move on.

thepacksux is offline Asst. Coach

Haven't had a chance to watch the game yet, but was wondering if Erasmus got into the game and how he did if so?

Thanks

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Allison looked hesitant and afraid to take a hit and his replacement was so underwhelming I can't recall who he was.
    Chandler Williams.

He freakin' fell down at the 20.
    -Sno

"vikingivan" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

It wasn't a mixed performance.
    We stunk, plain and simple.
    It started bad when Tjack fumbled the first snap, and got worse from there.

But, it was only a preseason game so mark it up as a learning experience and move on.
    ??? How can you say Wade's performance stunk?
    :-

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Wade looked great. Gives me a little bit of hope for next season with our receivers. Troy was virtually non-existent other than people getting on his case for not diving to catch that one pass. Rice looked good for the most part. Didn't see much of ferguson. I think he had one catch.

Peterson flat out plows people over regardless of the play. If there's someone in front of him, he's going to run full steam ahead right into them. I like that mentality but he's going to get injured if he keeps doing that in the NFL.

Taylor looked good. Part of that is being able to mix it up with two different backs.

Cook needs to get his head in the game and stop the false starts.

Tarvaris looked decent apart from the fumble.

I loved the EJ blindside hit on Hasselbeck.
    ;D It looked like they talked a little bit after that and didn't seem to have any bad blood.

Griffin had a better game. I still think he needs to be more aggressive like last season.

Winfield is a monster. No one wants to throw his way and no one wants to run his way. If he keeps this play up, I see a pro bowl for him this year.

The play calling looked fine. I loved the wade reverse pass into the end zone... I still don't understand the people who say Childress won't call trick plays or ballsy passes.

Bollinger is trash. I haven't seen anything promising out of him this preseason and he seems to get worse with each game. It's a total joke that he had a shot at the starting job. PA and Dubay guaranteed that we would pick up another QB after first cuts with the way Bollinger is playing. As much of a question mark Tarvaris is, if he goes down we're totally screwed.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast