Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    morphius is offline Rookie

Re: Vikings scrimmage with Chiefs

someone just posted this link over at chiefsplanet, it is a nice little video, even if it is from the Vikings PoV, lol!

http://www.startribune.com/1741/v-video/story/597122.html

morphius
    hopefully, not annoying yet
    it s not a sport until someone gets hit.

vikeswin2005 is offline Hall of Famer

thanx morphius

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

DE Erasmus James (Vikings' 2005 first round draft pick) -vs- OT Kyle Turley:

Turley lined up at left offensive tackle. At the snap, James explodes... I mean he shot off the line and used a two-handed punch into Turley's chest. The move was designed to neutralize and control Turley, and bounce him off to the outside. However, Turley absorbed the the blow, kept his balance, never opened up either shoulder to create a lane, moved his feet properly, and stopped James cold.

OT Will Svitek -vs- DE DeQuincy Scott:

Not much to say here. Svitek is so flawless, he makes his matchup’s look boring. Bosskiller reminded me of the interview I did with Willie Roaf last year, when Roaf said that Svitek is the future for the Kansas City Chiefs. Well, at this point, Svitek looks really, really special.

DT Kevin Williams (Vikings' 2003 first round draft pick) -vs- G-C Chris Bober:

My goodness!!! My mouth dropped wide open. Williams bull-rushed Bober, making him look like a junior varsity backup on the high school level. Bober looked like a rag doll. Williams is a damn good DT but doggone, I thought Bober would have a little more fight and strength.

DE Erasmus James -vs- T-G Jordan Black:

Interesting move here as Black lined up as the left offensive tackle. At the snap, James went right at Black, holding back his hands, not telegraphing his next move. Black kept backing up until James ate up all of the cushion between them. At this point, contact is inevitable. It happened, but it was oh so brief. James put on this semi hard step to the inside with a slight body lean in that direction. He made Black step inside, leaving the outside lane exposed... WHAM!!!

When Black stepped inside, James raised his right hand and used the club to knock Black further to the inside and then blazed past him on the outside that was left exposed. It happened so fast, it looked like James just disappeared. Those who saw it were like "ooooooooo".

This was great to read.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

"whackthepack" wrote:

This was great to read.
    Yeah, I haven't really seen anything from Bober that I can remember and while Black was a solid RT 2 years ago for the Chiefs they have flopped him around so much that he just seems lost and confused out there. Last year he earned the horrible comparison to a screen door more then a few times while starting in Roaf spot.

So take that for what its worth, and still, all you can hope for is that your player embarrasses the guy across from him, and that is exactly what your guy did.

"morphius" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:

This was great to read.
    Yeah, I haven't really seen anything from Bober that I can remember and while Black was a solid RT 2 years ago for the Chiefs they have flopped him around so much that he just seems lost and confused out there. Last year he earned the horrible comparison to a screen door more then a few times while starting in Roaf spot.

So take that for what its worth, and still, all you can hope for is that your player embarrasses the guy across from him, and that is exactly what your guy did.

We are expecting big things from Erasmus this year.

Kevin Williams was coming off an injury last year and had his worse season as a pro, so we are hoping he can get back to his probowl level.

With our D switching to a Tampa 2 like your team is the D line is going to be the key to our season so any good news about their play gets our hopes up.

"morphius" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:

This was great to read.

We are expecting big things from Erasmus this year.

Kevin Williams was coming off an injury last year and had his worse season as a pro, so we are hoping he can get back to his probowl level.

With our D switching to a Tampa 2 like your team is the D line is going to be the key to our season so any good news about their play gets our hopes up.

simonsparre is offline Pro-Bowler

"morphius" wrote:
    Defensively, rookie safety Marcus Pollard drew the biggest gasps from the near-capacity crowd of about 7,500 at Minnesota State University when he cracked fullback Stephen Jackson on a pass to the flat.
    Lol. Marcus Pollard has been traded from Lions to Cheifs, converted from TE to safety and is a rookie. Great research :lol: :lol:

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"simonsparre" wrote:
    "morphius" wrote:
    Defensively, rookie safety Marcus Pollard drew the biggest gasps from the near-capacity crowd of about 7,500 at Minnesota State University when he cracked fullback Stephen Jackson on a pass to the flat.
    Lol. Marcus Pollard has been traded from Lions to Cheifs, converted from TE to safety and is a rookie. Great research :lol: :lol:
    I can't believe I missed that one, LMAO.

Poor Bernard. Of course with a name like Bernard, it probably is an improvement to be called Marcus.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456