Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 59
  1. #11
    Mr. Purple's Avatar
    Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,005

    Re: Vikings gear up for scrimmage with Chiefs

    Go get em Vikes!Not really a game to get pumped over, but no football for over 8 months will make you get pumped for it!

    Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

  2. #12
    digital420's Avatar
    digital420 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Ancient Korinthia
    Posts
    2,546

    Re: Vikings gear up for scrimmage with Chiefs

    I like the hard hitting reference to our D!!!

    it's 2:12 am, i'm listening to kfan who arn't talking about the vikes now.

    DiGiTaL

    "We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

  3. #13
    morphius's Avatar
    morphius is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    50

    Re: Vikings-Chiefs to … practice

    "Prophet" wrote:
    It will be strange to see MB in the Chiefs uniform. Wish I could go to this.
    LOL! Odd as well to see TRich in anyone's jersey. Even if he is taking the night off to go see Moon.
    it s not a sport until someone gets hit.

  4. #14
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Vikings gear up for scrimmage with Chiefs

    "whackthepack" wrote:
    Scout.com > Minnesota
    Chiefs-Vikings: Preseason Precursor
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Tim Yotter and Nick Athan
    VikingUpdate.com Aug 4, 2006
    Story URL: http://vikings.scout.com/2/
    Wack,

    Please edit your post & provide just the link to the source of the article from vikingupdate.com, PDQ!

    And only post the link in the future.

    We are not allowed to post them in there entirety here anymore. They are watching us very closely now & have warned Webby on several occassions, that we are violating their copywrite laws.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  5. #15
    Property0f's Avatar
    Property0f is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    436

    Re: Vikings gear up for scrimmage with Chiefs

    Vikings-Chiefs practice
    Friday, August 4th, 2006 by Judd Zulgad

    A crowd of approximately 7,500 turned out at Minnesota State, Mankato, to watch the Vikings and Chiefs hold a practice that was called 33 minutes earlier than scheduled. (It ran from 6:30 p.m. to 8:12 p.m.) Unlike the past few Vikings-Chiefs get-togethers this one didn’t feature any fights and had a fairly low intensity level.

    “It felt good,” Vikings tight end Jermaine Wiggins said. “We had a good tempo. Obviously we’re taking care of each other. Both sides. The coaching staff did a great job on both sides of having guys go out there and being professional about it. No scuffling, none of that dumb stuff. We went out there and got a lot done.”

    The practice began with the Vikings defense facing the Chiefs offense on one of three practice fields outside the stadium. Inside Blakeslee Stadium, the Vikings offense went against the Chiefs defense. Eventually all the players moved into Blakeslee to finish up. Asked how he thought his team looked, new Vikings coach Brad Childress said: “I’d say they’re solid but they’re not the finished product. This is one week of training camp through the process.”

    Among the highlights were Chris Kluwe’s punting — he definitely looks recovered from surgery to repair a torn ACL — a long connection between rookie quarterback Tarvaris Jackson and receiver Chris Jones and a long run by running back Ciatrick Fason. Running back Chester Taylor saw limited time and had a wrap on his leg afterward.

    Cornerback Charles Gordon, who hurt his left knee in practice Thursday, will have a procedure performed Monday to repair cartilage. He will be out for the remainder of the preseason. Although Marcus Robinson practiced Friday, Childress said the receiver had a death in his family and will return home today. He’s scheduled to be back Sunday.

    The Vikings have yet to issue an official depth chart but here’s how things have looked so far.

    WR Troy Williamson Billy McMullen/Marcus Robinson
    WR Koren Robinson Travis Taylor
    LT Bryant McKinnie Adam Goldberg
    LG Steve Hutchinson Anthony Herrera
    C Matt Birk Jason Whittle
    RG Artis Hicks Chris Liwienski
    RT Marcus Johnson Mike Rosenthal/Ryan Cook
    TE Jim Kleinsasser Jermaine Wiggins
    QB Brad Johnson Mike McMahon
    RB Chester Taylor Mewelde Moore
    FB Tony Richardson Richard Owens

    LE Erasmus James DeQuincy Scott
    DT Kevin Williams Spencer Johnson
    DT Ross Kolodziej (Pat Williams)
    RE Kenechi Udeze Darrion Scott
    SLB Ben Leber Rod Davis
    MLB Napoleon Harris Dontarrious Thomas
    WLB E.J. Henderson Chad Greenway
    CB Antoine Winfield Cedric Griffin
    CB Fred Smoot Dovonte Edwards
    FS Darren Sharper Willie Offord
    SS Tank Williams Dwight Smith

    PK Ryan Longwell
    P Chris Kluwe John Torp
    H Chris Kluwe John Torp
    PR Mewelde Moore Travis Taylor
    KR Mewelde Moore Troy Williamson
    LS Cullen Loeffler Richard Owens

    http://www.startribune.com/blogs/vikings/

  6. #16
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Vikings scrimmage with Chiefs

    "Property0f" wrote:
    WR Troy Williamson Billy McMullen/Marcus Robinson
    WR Koren Robinson Travis Taylor
    LT Bryant McKinnie Adam Goldberg
    LG Steve Hutchinson Anthony Herrera
    C Matt Birk Jason Whittle
    RG Artis Hicks Chris Liwienski
    RT Marcus Johnson Mike Rosenthal/Ryan Cook
    TE Jim Kleinsasser Jermaine Wiggins
    QB Brad Johnson Mike McMahon
    RB Chester Taylor Mewelde Moore
    FB Tony Richardson Richard Owens

    LE Erasmus James DeQuincy Scott
    DT Kevin Williams Spencer Johnson
    DT Ross Kolodziej (Pat Williams)
    RE Kenechi Udeze Darrion Scott
    SLB Ben Leber Rod Davis
    MLB Napoleon Harris Dontarrious Thomas
    WLB E.J. Henderson Chad Greenway
    CB Antoine Winfield Cedric Griffin
    CB Fred Smoot Dovonte Edwards
    FS Darren Sharper Willie Offord
    SS Tank Williams Dwight Smith

    PK Ryan Longwell
    P Chris Kluwe John Torp
    H Chris Kluwe John Torp
    PR Mewelde Moore Travis Taylor
    KR Mewelde Moore Troy Williamson
    LS Cullen Loeffler Richard Owens

    http://www.startribune.com/blogs/vikings/
    I'm surprised to se McMullen ahead of M-Rob on the depth charts & that T-Will, not K-Rob is 2nd to return kicks.

    With P-Will still not into shape, it's not a surprise to see him behind Kolodziej. But why isn't CJ ahead of Kolodziej?

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  7. #17
    Vikes_King's Avatar
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,104

    Re: Vikings gear up for scrimmage with Chiefs

    But anyone paying the $10 charge to get in because they think they are going to see a scrimmage or plenty of on-field action needs to be warned. This thing will be a 2-hour, 15-minute practice. According to the Vikings, all three practice fields at Minnesota State, Mankato, will be used and a portion of the practice will move into Blakeslee Stadium.
    that about describes how it was.. just got back from there about an hour ago

    was still fun seeing 160+ football players in my hometown, was worth the 10$ (even if my friends that came didnt think so), always fun watching the practices =)


    http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

    "We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

    - Dan Calabrese

  8. #18
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Re: Vikings gear up for scrimmage with Chiefs

    "singersp" wrote:
    "Property0f" wrote:
    WR Troy Williamson Billy McMullen/Marcus Robinson
    WR Koren Robinson Travis Taylor
    LT Bryant McKinnie Adam Goldberg
    LG Steve Hutchinson Anthony Herrera
    C Matt Birk Jason Whittle
    RG Artis Hicks Chris Liwienski
    RT Marcus Johnson Mike Rosenthal/Ryan Cook
    TE Jim Kleinsasser Jermaine Wiggins
    QB Brad Johnson Mike McMahon
    RB Chester Taylor Mewelde Moore
    FB Tony Richardson Richard Owens

    LE Erasmus James DeQuincy Scott
    DT Kevin Williams Spencer Johnson
    DT Ross Kolodziej (Pat Williams)
    RE Kenechi Udeze Darrion Scott
    SLB Ben Leber Rod Davis
    MLB Napoleon Harris Dontarrious Thomas
    WLB E.J. Henderson Chad Greenway
    CB Antoine Winfield Cedric Griffin
    CB Fred Smoot Dovonte Edwards
    FS Darren Sharper Willie Offord
    SS Tank Williams Dwight Smith

    PK Ryan Longwell
    P Chris Kluwe John Torp
    H Chris Kluwe John Torp
    PR Mewelde Moore Travis Taylor
    KR Mewelde Moore Troy Williamson
    LS Cullen Loeffler Richard Owens

    http://www.startribune.com/blogs/vikings/
    I'm surprised to se McMullen ahead of M-Rob on the depth charts & that T-Will, not K-Rob is 2nd to return kicks.

    With P-Will still not into shape, it's not a surprise to see him behind Kolodziej. But why isn't CJ ahead of Kolodziej?
    Stating the - I was going to say obvious - you still follow the TC.

    (Have you gone on your holiday yet, or when are you going?

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

  9. #19
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Vikings gear up for scrimmage with Chiefs

    "cogitans" wrote:
    Stating the - I was going to say obvious - you still follow the TC.

    (Have you gone on your holiday yet, or when are you going?
    I leave on Wednesday the 16th of August & return on the following Wednesday, the 23rd.

    But with as much work as I fear Ned is lining up, it just might end up being more work oriented, then it will be a vacation. :grin:

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  10. #20
    morphius's Avatar
    morphius is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    50

    Re: Vikings gear up for scrimmage with Chiefs

    "singersp" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    Scout.com > Minnesota
    Chiefs-Vikings: Preseason Precursor
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Tim Yotter and Nick Athan
    VikingUpdate.com Aug 4, 2006
    Story URL: http://vikings.scout.com/2/
    Wack,

    Please edit your post & provide just the link to the source of the article from vikingupdate.com, PDQ!

    And only post the link in the future.

    We are not allowed to post them in there entirety here anymore. They are watching us very closely now & have warned Webby on several occassions, that we are violating their copywrite laws.
    It is also over at http://warpaintillustrated.com/ (anorther scout site that Athen works for). I doubt WPI would mind, we post their stuff at our site all the time.
    it s not a sport until someone gets hit.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vikes to scrimmage Chiefs again in pre-seaaon?
    By Garland Greene in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-04-2008, 08:33 AM
  2. vikes vs chiefs scrimmage question
    By duvaldomo in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 01:38 AM
  3. Scrimmage v. Chiefs
    By Webby in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-02-2007, 09:11 PM
  4. Vikings to scrimmage Chiefs in Mankato August 3rd
    By vikingivan in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-21-2007, 02:17 PM
  5. Vikings longest plays from scrimmage
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-23-2006, 08:09 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •