singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings scour for 9 'hidden yards'

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    This sounds awful familiar as Jared Allen was just half a sack away from the single season sack record last year. I just got a deja vu. Allen was credited for a sack last season against the Packers, but it was later changed to a "team sack".

I hate to sound like a downer, but this is the second season in a row I feel that the Vikings got snubbed for two awesome records for two awesome players. It still baffles me that they changed the sack to a team sack when Allen was the only one who sacked Rodgers on that play.

As for Peterson, I have a good feeling that he will crush the record sooner or later.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    The Vikings coaching staff messed this one up. They had the numbers they needed, and they ran out of time.

If they wanted the record during the game, maybe Musgrave should have stopped calling the inside runs that were TFL time and time again. The Vikings could not contraol the gaps, and that cost Peterson.

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    Highly unlikely they'll find the yards and what a boring way of breaking the record if they did.

it's like in baseball after a 1-hitter game where a team will try to appeal to change the hit to an error. it never works but if it did, yawn.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    I'll tell you where to find the yards...everytime Peterson ran us down to the redzone only to have Ponder throw a pick in the endzone!??? D'oh!! So many times during 16 games he could have had 2 more carries. Oh well, next year baby!!

SKOL VIKINGS LET'S WIN THE GAME!!!!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot