Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32
  1. #21
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Vikings schedule 2008

    "IBleedPurple28" wrote:
    I hope the Vikings come here to AZ to play the Cards next year. Last time I went to a Vikes game was a few years ago here in AZ, it was the last game of the season and we lost on the last pass of the game, killed our playoff chances (Poole ring a bell??....Well, if not, he is the no name WR that caught the game winning pass as time was running down)...it was rough walking out of that place haha.


    That game was at Sun Devil stadium, The new Cardinals stadium is the shit, Would love to see the Vikes play there.
    Especially if Fitz is playing for us ;D

    Hey I can dream right ???

  2. #22
    Vikes's Avatar
    Vikes is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,733

    Re: Vikings schedule 2008

    "cogitans" wrote:
    As we apparently are talking about free agency and what not, I thought this would also be relevant to throw out here mid season:

    Chicago (x2)
    Detroit (x2)
    Green Bay (x2)
    Atlanta
    Carolina
    New Orleans
    Tampa Bay
    Houston
    Indianapolis
    Jacksonville
    Tennessee
    + 2 NFC teams from NFC East and NFC West determined by position.
    ATL has becoming the new Giants teams always this ATL. How about the AZ Cards in AZ??
    300

    The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

    300

  3. #23
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Vikings schedule 2008

    It's fun to think about next year's schedule, but there are so many offseason changes to rosters it's tough to predict how they'll do in many cases.
    Especially the teams that are in the middle of the pack.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  4. #24
    Vikes_King's Avatar
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,104

    Re: Vikings schedule 2008

    "Prophet" wrote:
    It's fun to think about next year's schedule, but there are so many offseason changes to rosters it's tough to predict how they'll do in many cases.
    Especially the teams that are in the middle of the pack.
    Point: The Browns.


    http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

    "We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

    - Dan Calabrese

  5. #25
    IBleedPurple11's Avatar
    IBleedPurple11 is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Mesa, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    414

    2008 Schedule ...?

    Hey I was wondering if anyone knows who we will be playing at home and away this year. I live in Arizona and I am hoping the Vikings will be coming here for an away game next season, so I can finally see them. Last Vikings game I went to was when we got beat by the Cards on the last play of the game to knock us out of going to the playoffs... >...Im hoping my next experience is better haha.....

    I plan on making a trip to Minnesota for the 1st time next season as well - to see a Vikings-Pakcers game at home.


    *SKOL!*

  6. #26
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 2008 Schedule ...?

    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=40987.0

    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    http://www.dailynorseman.com/story/2007/12/24/225721/38

    Since it appears that the Minnesota Vikings will finish second in the NFC North this season. . .I don't think that Detroit can pass us in that category, anyway. . .it looks like all of the Vikings' opponents for the 2008 regular season have been determined.
    Here's who we're looking at:

    Home Games
    Chicago
    Detroit
    Green Bay
    Atlanta
    Carolina
    Houston (Houston's first ever trip to Minneapolis)
    Indianapolis
    New York Giants

    Road Games
    Chicago
    Detroit
    Green Bay
    New Orleans
    Tampa Bay
    Jacksonville
    Tennessee
    Arizona

    If Detroit does somehow pass us for in the division standings, the only games that would change would be the game against the Giants (replace them with Washington) and the game at Arizona (replace them with San Francisco).
    Next season we're matched up against both South divisions, and if you throw in our divisional home-and-homes, 14 of our 16 games are set in stone.

    Hell, if we stay in second place, we might not play a cold weather game all season long, depending on when the schedule makers send the Beloved Purple to Green Bay and Chicago.
    I will definately be at the Tennessee game. Who's gonna join me?
    Yes, the Vikings will play the Cards in AZ this year.
    The schedule is release on April 3rd.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  7. #27
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 2008 Schedule ...?

    FYI, we will play the cards in AZ again in 2009, as part of the normal schedule rotation.

    The yearly opponents are determined long in advance according to a formula.
    Here is is, courtesy of Kansas Viking
    · Home and away against its three division opponents (6 games).

    · The four teams from another division within its conference on a rotating three-year cycle (4 games).

    · The four teams from a division in the other conference on a rotating four-year cycle (4 games).

    · Two intraconference games based on the prior year's standings (2 games). These games will match a first-place team against the first-place teams in the two same-conference divisions the team is not scheduled to play that season. The second-place, third-place, and fourth-place teams in a conference will be matched in the same way each year.
    In 2008 we are scheduled to play Chicago (2), Detroit (2), Green Bay (2), vs. Atlanta, vs. Carolina, at New Orleans, at Tampa Bay, vs. Houston, vs. Indianapolis, at Jacksonville, at Tennessee.
    We will also play at Arizona and vs NYG because of our second place finish in the NFC North.

    In 2009 we play Chicago (2), Detroit (2), Green Bay (2), at Arizona, at St. Louis, vs. San Francisco, vs. Seattle, vs. Baltimore, vs. Cincinnati, at Cleveland, at Pittsburgh.
    The remaining two games are decided by our division record.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  8. #28
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: 2008 Schedule ...?

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    FYI, we will play the cards in AZ again in 2009, as part of the normal schedule rotation.

    The yearly opponents are determined long in advance according to a formula.
    Here is is, courtesy of Kansas Viking
    · Home and away against its three division opponents (6 games).

    · The four teams from another division within its conference on a rotating three-year cycle (4 games).

    · The four teams from a division in the other conference on a rotating four-year cycle (4 games).

    · Two intraconference games based on the prior year's standings (2 games). These games will match a first-place team against the first-place teams in the two same-conference divisions the team is not scheduled to play that season. The second-place, third-place, and fourth-place teams in a conference will be matched in the same way each year.
    In 2008 we are scheduled to play Chicago (2), Detroit (2), Green Bay (2), vs. Atlanta, vs. Carolina, at New Orleans, at Tampa Bay, vs. Houston, vs. Indianapolis, at Jacksonville, at Tennessee.
    We will also play at Arizona and vs NYG because of our second place finish in the NFC North.

    In 2009 we play Chicago (2), Detroit (2), Green Bay (2), at Arizona, at St. Louis, vs. San Francisco, vs. Seattle, vs. Baltimore, vs. Cincinnati, at Cleveland, at Pittsburgh.
    The remaining two games are decided by our division record.
    As the NFL currently sits, our 2009 season looks to be our SuperBowl season.
    Pretty easy to moderate competition.
    Teams are always improving, but I like our chances as of now.
    19-0?

  9. #29
    Mr-holland's Avatar
    Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,443

    Re: 2008 Schedule ...?

    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    FYI, we will play the cards in AZ again in 2009, as part of the normal schedule rotation.

    The yearly opponents are determined long in advance according to a formula.
    Here is is, courtesy of Kansas Viking
    · Home and away against its three division opponents (6 games).

    · The four teams from another division within its conference on a rotating three-year cycle (4 games).

    · The four teams from a division in the other conference on a rotating four-year cycle (4 games).

    · Two intraconference games based on the prior year's standings (2 games). These games will match a first-place team against the first-place teams in the two same-conference divisions the team is not scheduled to play that season. The second-place, third-place, and fourth-place teams in a conference will be matched in the same way each year.
    In 2008 we are scheduled to play Chicago (2), Detroit (2), Green Bay (2), vs. Atlanta, vs. Carolina, at New Orleans, at Tampa Bay, vs. Houston, vs. Indianapolis, at Jacksonville, at Tennessee.
    We will also play at Arizona and vs NYG because of our second place finish in the NFC North.

    In 2009 we play Chicago (2), Detroit (2), Green Bay (2), at Arizona, at St. Louis, vs. San Francisco, vs. Seattle, vs. Baltimore, vs. Cincinnati, at Cleveland, at Pittsburgh.
    The remaining two games are decided by our division record.
    As the NFL currently sits, our 2009 season looks to be our SuperBowl season.
    Pretty easy to moderate competition.
    Teams are always improving, but I like our chances as of now.
    19-0?
    I agree, those teams look weak no matter what their record will be in '08
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

  10. #30
    IBleedPurple11's Avatar
    IBleedPurple11 is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Mesa, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    414

    Re: 2008 Schedule ...?

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=40987.0

    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    http://www.dailynorseman.com/story/2007/12/24/225721/38

    Since it appears that the Minnesota Vikings will finish second in the NFC North this season. . .I don't think that Detroit can pass us in that category, anyway. . .it looks like all of the Vikings' opponents for the 2008 regular season have been determined.
    Here's who we're looking at:

    Home Games
    Chicago
    Detroit
    Green Bay
    Atlanta
    Carolina
    Houston (Houston's first ever trip to Minneapolis)
    Indianapolis
    New York Giants

    Road Games
    Chicago
    Detroit
    Green Bay
    New Orleans
    Tampa Bay
    Jacksonville
    Tennessee
    Arizona

    If Detroit does somehow pass us for in the division standings, the only games that would change would be the game against the Giants (replace them with Washington) and the game at Arizona (replace them with San Francisco).
    Next season we're matched up against both South divisions, and if you throw in our divisional home-and-homes, 14 of our 16 games are set in stone.

    Hell, if we stay in second place, we might not play a cold weather game all season long, depending on when the schedule makers send the Beloved Purple to Green Bay and Chicago.
    I will definately be at the Tennessee game. Who's gonna join me?
    Yes, the Vikings will play the Cards in AZ this year.
    The schedule is release on April 3rd.
    LEGIT!....I'LL BE THERE!


    *SKOL!*

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2008 Strength of Schedule
    By Webby in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-05-2008, 10:11 AM
  2. Big 2008 Schedule Bar Banners
    By acman1 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 07-10-2008, 06:33 PM
  3. 2008 Vikings Schedule
    By NodakPaul in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 105
    Last Post: 05-14-2008, 02:50 PM
  4. MOVED: 2008 Vikings Schedule
    By ultravikingfan in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-15-2008, 08:48 PM
  5. (Merged) 2008 Schedule ...?
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-10-2008, 10:50 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •