Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings schedule 2008

"IBleedPurple28" wrote:
    I hope the Vikings come here to AZ to play the Cards next year. Last time I went to a Vikes game was a few years ago here in AZ, it was the last game of the season and we lost on the last pass of the game, killed our playoff chances (Poole ring a bell??....Well, if not, he is the no name WR that caught the game winning pass as time was running down)...it was rough walking out of that place haha.

That game was at Sun Devil stadium, The new Cardinals stadium is the shit, Would love to see the Vikes play there.
    Especially if Fitz is playing for us ;D

Hey I can dream right ???

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

"cogitans" wrote:
    As we apparently are talking about free agency and what not, I thought this would also be relevant to throw out here mid season:

Chicago (x2)
    Detroit (x2)
    Green Bay (x2)
    Atlanta
    Carolina
    New Orleans
    Tampa Bay
    Houston
    Indianapolis
    Jacksonville
    Tennessee
    + 2 NFC teams from NFC East and NFC West determined by position.
    ATL has becoming the new Giants teams always this ATL. How about the AZ Cards in AZ??

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

It's fun to think about next year's schedule, but there are so many offseason changes to rosters it's tough to predict how they'll do in many cases.
    Especially the teams that are in the middle of the pack.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    It's fun to think about next year's schedule, but there are so many offseason changes to rosters it's tough to predict how they'll do in many cases.
    Especially the teams that are in the middle of the pack.
    Point: The Browns.

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

IBleedPurple11 is offline Pro-Bowler

2008 Schedule ...?

Hey I was wondering if anyone knows who we will be playing at home and away this year. I live in Arizona and I am hoping the Vikings will be coming here for an away game next season, so I can finally see them. Last Vikings game I went to was when we got beat by the Cards on the last play of the game to knock us out of going to the playoffs... >...Im hoping my next experience is better haha.....

I plan on making a trip to Minnesota for the 1st time next season as well - to see a Vikings-Pakcers game at home.

*SKOL!*

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: 2008 Schedule ...?

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=40987.0

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    http://www.dailynorseman.com/story/2007/12/24/225721/38

Since it appears that the Minnesota Vikings will finish second in the NFC North this season. . .I don't think that Detroit can pass us in that category, anyway. . .it looks like all of the Vikings' opponents for the 2008 regular season have been determined.
    Here's who we're looking at:

Home Games
    Chicago
    Detroit
    Green Bay
    Atlanta
    Carolina
    Houston (Houston's first ever trip to Minneapolis)
    Indianapolis
    New York Giants

Road Games
    Chicago
    Detroit
    Green Bay
    New Orleans
    Tampa Bay
    Jacksonville
    Tennessee
    Arizona

If Detroit does somehow pass us for in the division standings, the only games that would change would be the game against the Giants (replace them with Washington) and the game at Arizona (replace them with San Francisco).
    Next season we're matched up against both South divisions, and if you throw in our divisional home-and-homes, 14 of our 16 games are set in stone.

Hell, if we stay in second place, we might not play a cold weather game all season long, depending on when the schedule makers send the Beloved Purple to Green Bay and Chicago.
    I will definately be at the Tennessee game. Who's gonna join me?
    Yes, the Vikings will play the Cards in AZ this year.
    The schedule is release on April 3rd.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

FYI, we will play the cards in AZ again in 2009, as part of the normal schedule rotation.

The yearly opponents are determined long in advance according to a formula.
    Here is is, courtesy of Kansas Viking
    · Home and away against its three division opponents (6 games).

· The four teams from another division within its conference on a rotating three-year cycle (4 games).

· The four teams from a division in the other conference on a rotating four-year cycle (4 games).

· Two intraconference games based on the prior year's standings (2 games). These games will match a first-place team against the first-place teams in the two same-conference divisions the team is not scheduled to play that season. The second-place, third-place, and fourth-place teams in a conference will be matched in the same way each year.
    In 2008 we are scheduled to play Chicago (2), Detroit (2), Green Bay (2), vs. Atlanta, vs. Carolina, at New Orleans, at Tampa Bay, vs. Houston, vs. Indianapolis, at Jacksonville, at Tennessee.
    We will also play at Arizona and vs NYG because of our second place finish in the NFC North.

In 2009 we play Chicago (2), Detroit (2), Green Bay (2), at Arizona, at St. Louis, vs. San Francisco, vs. Seattle, vs. Baltimore, vs. Cincinnati, at Cleveland, at Pittsburgh.
    The remaining two games are decided by our division record.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    FYI, we will play the cards in AZ again in 2009, as part of the normal schedule rotation.

· The four teams from another division within its conference on a rotating three-year cycle (4 games).

· The four teams from a division in the other conference on a rotating four-year cycle (4 games).

· Two intraconference games based on the prior year's standings (2 games). These games will match a first-place team against the first-place teams in the two same-conference divisions the team is not scheduled to play that season. The second-place, third-place, and fourth-place teams in a conference will be matched in the same way each year.
    In 2008 we are scheduled to play Chicago (2), Detroit (2), Green Bay (2), vs. Atlanta, vs. Carolina, at New Orleans, at Tampa Bay, vs. Houston, vs. Indianapolis, at Jacksonville, at Tennessee.
    We will also play at Arizona and vs NYG because of our second place finish in the NFC North.

In 2009 we play Chicago (2), Detroit (2), Green Bay (2), at Arizona, at St. Louis, vs. San Francisco, vs. Seattle, vs. Baltimore, vs. Cincinnati, at Cleveland, at Pittsburgh.
    As the NFL currently sits, our 2009 season looks to be our SuperBowl season.
    Pretty easy to moderate competition.
    Teams are always improving, but I like our chances as of now.
    19-0?

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

As the NFL currently sits, our 2009 season looks to be our SuperBowl season.
    Pretty easy to moderate competition.
    Teams are always improving, but I like our chances as of now.
    19-0?
    I agree, those teams look weak no matter what their record will be in '08
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

IBleedPurple11 is offline Pro-Bowler

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=40987.0

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    http://www.dailynorseman.com/story/2007/12/24/225721/38

Since it appears that the Minnesota Vikings will finish second in the NFC North this season. . .I don't think that Detroit can pass us in that category, anyway. . .it looks like all of the Vikings' opponents for the 2008 regular season have been determined.
    Here's who we're looking at:

Home Games
    Chicago
    Detroit
    Green Bay
    Atlanta
    Carolina
    Houston (Houston's first ever trip to Minneapolis)
    Indianapolis
    New York Giants

Road Games
    Chicago
    Detroit
    Green Bay
    New Orleans
    Tampa Bay
    Jacksonville
    Tennessee
    Arizona

If Detroit does somehow pass us for in the division standings, the only games that would change would be the game against the Giants (replace them with Washington) and the game at Arizona (replace them with San Francisco).
    Next season we're matched up against both South divisions, and if you throw in our divisional home-and-homes, 14 of our 16 games are set in stone.

Hell, if we stay in second place, we might not play a cold weather game all season long, depending on when the schedule makers send the Beloved Purple to Green Bay and Chicago.
    I will definately be at the Tennessee game. Who's gonna join me?
    Yes, the Vikings will play the Cards in AZ this year.
    The schedule is release on April 3rd.
    LEGIT!....I'LL BE THERE!

*SKOL!*

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast