Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Schutz is offline Team Alumni

Re: Vikings schedule 2008

"cogitans" wrote:
    As we apparently are talking about free agency and what not, I thought this would also be relevant to throw out here mid season:

Chicago (x2)
    Detroit (x2)
    Green Bay (x2)
    Atlanta
    Carolina
    New Orleans
    Tampa Bay
    Houston
    Indianapolis
    Jacksonville
    Tennessee
    + 2 NFC teams from NFC East and NFC West determined by position.
    Unless Chicago gets a QB who can get it done, and shore up their defense they are very beatable

Detroit might find it hard to recreate what they've done this season depending on Kitna's play, they could be very beatable

Green Bay looks to have a team core that works well together, and if Brett Favre comes back once again next season I see the Pack still being a very tough couple games.

Atlanta has almost no chance next year, guys like Deangelo Hall want out, the team has no chemistry, and it will be hard to address their QB situation, very very beatable again.

Carolina will get their QB back, and will look alot better than they have this year.
    This is a tough game

New Orleans seems to have righted the ship, but they are a team that could go either way next year depending on how Brees looks, if Duece comes back 100%, and if Reggie Bush can step it up for his team.
    I'd say could go either way, but the Vikes could be right in there.

Tampa Bay's defense will be one year older again next year, which I think will hurt them.
    Their offense is average, and will be about on par with the Vikes.
    I think the Vikes could definetly win this game next year.

Houston is a couple guys away from being a serious contender from all looks.
    Matt Shuab will have had a full year under his belt next year, and if they are healthy will be a tough game for the Vikes.

Indy and Jacksonville are two teams that will both be hard for the Vikes to topple next year even without a crystal ball.
    Gerard has shown how good the Jags are when he's in, and the Colts will make a couple FA moves that will replace any fallout the Marvin Harrison injures/age might bring.
    Better get those nerf Vikings bricks ready.

The Titans are going to be a joke.
    If the Vikings would have played them this year we would have killed them.
    The same with next year, unless Vince Young can start being more of a balanced QB they don't have a chance.
    Look for the Vikings to have the least yards allowed of the season in this game.

All in all I don't think the Vikings schedule is horrible, but it could get nasty depending if any of these teams decide to jump into FA in a couple of spots.
    If the Vikings can have a good draft and bring in a pro bowler or two at certain positions we could maybe even challenge Green Bay next year.
    Although if we just draft and don't do much else I think the Vikings might have a long year in 2008.

Suick is offline Pro-Bowler

Titans & Colts are just 3 hrs from Lex, KY

Woo Hoo!

I saw the Monday night Indy game a few years ago. 1st pro game in about 20 years. I was in awe. The guy next to me puking in his cup was a show in itself. :-X
    I've been a Viking fan since I was just out of diapers, hopefully we get Super Bowl win before I go back in 'em.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"IBleedPurple28" wrote:
    I hope the Vikings come here to AZ to play the Cards next year. Last time I went to a Vikes game was a few years ago here in AZ, it was the last game of the season and we lost on the last pass of the game, killed our playoff chances (Poole ring a bell??....Well, if not, he is the no name WR that caught the game winning pass as time was running down)...it was rough walking out of that place haha.

That game was at Sun Devil stadium, The new Cardinals stadium is the pooh, Would love to see the Vikes play there.
    I want to see the Vikings play there on February 3rd, 2008.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

IBleedPurple11 is offline Pro-Bowler

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "IBleedPurple28" wrote:
    I hope the Vikings come here to AZ to play the Cards next year. Last time I went to a Vikes game was a few years ago here in AZ, it was the last game of the season and we lost on the last pass of the game, killed our playoff chances (Poole ring a bell??....Well, if not, he is the no name WR that caught the game winning pass as time was running down)...it was rough walking out of that place haha.

That game was at Sun Devil stadium, The new Cardinals stadium is the pooh, Would love to see the Vikes play there.
    I want to see the Vikings play there on February 3rd, 2008.
    That would be nice!!

*SKOL!*

PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer

"cogitans" wrote:
    As we apparently are talking about free agency and what not, I thought this would also be relevant to throw out here mid season:

Chicago (x2)
    Detroit (x2)
    Green Bay (x2)
    Atlanta
    Carolina
    New Orleans
    Tampa Bay
    Houston
    Indianapolis
    Jacksonville
    Tennessee
    + 2 NFC teams from NFC East and NFC West determined by position.
    I wonder if they will play in Jacksonville or in Minnesota.

If they play in Jacksonville, I will have to save up to go.

SKOL!

Frostbite is offline Coach

Schedules are nice to see. Gives me a lot to get excited about for next season. Overall....schedule debate is usually low on my list of worries. We play who we play and win as many as possible. The opponent really doesn't matter in the League as much as it used to. Any Given Sunday anything can and usually does happen. The most I can hope for as a fan is that my team goes out in the off season...makes the proper adjustments for player personel and then comes in at the opening of the 08 season, and takes care of business regardless of who's lined up against us that day

Right Now It's the Lions Turn to be on the other side of the ball. Let's take care of the business at hand.....Go Vikes.

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

So we probably get the Giants and Rams next year?
    Maybe the Eagles instead since we have that connection.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"jkjuggalo" wrote:
    Connection?

The NFL uses the same formula for every team.

6 Division games
    4 games vs. an NFC Division (rototes every year, next year looks as if we have the NFC South)
    2 games vs. the oppennts in the remaining 2 NFC Divisions that finsihed in the perspective place in therir Division (if the season ended today we would play the Redskins and 49ers.
    4 games vs. an AFC Division (rotates every year)

With this, it is fair.
    Nothing is predetermined based on matchups and you cannot say your team got "screwed."

"PurpleGator" wrote:
    They play in Jax because they played in Minnesota in 2004.
    It switches.

PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "jkjuggalo" wrote:
    Connection?

The NFL uses the same formula for every team.

6 Division games
    4 games vs. an NFC Division (rototes every year, next year looks as if we have the NFC South)
    2 games vs. the oppennts in the remaining 2 NFC Divisions that finsihed in the perspective place in therir Division (if the season ended today we would play the Redskins and 49ers.
    4 games vs. an AFC Division (rotates every year)

With this, it is fair.
    Nothing is predetermined based on matchups and you cannot say your team got "screwed."

"PurpleGator" wrote:
    They play in Jax because they played in Minnesota in 2004.
    It switches.
    Thats what I thought but some Jax fans said it will be in Minnesota because both games have been there.

"TARKenton" wrote:
    The only game Im concerned about at this point is the Lions game this Sunday.
    and we shall kick their asses all over the fields sunday
    IT'S ALL GOOD IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast