Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Vikings - Saints tie-breaker could run deep

"raptorman" wrote:
    So for an update on the SOV for the Saints and Vikings.
    Since this changes every week I put together a spreadsheet to track it. I know, I have nothing better to do with my time. But this way everyone will know were we sit.
    If the either team loses to a NFC team it pretty much becomes moot. Unless they both lose to a NFC team.
    Anyway here it is.
    Currently, not including the NE game the Saints have the Vikings on SOV of games already played.
    However, for total games the Vikings have the edge.
    I'll update each week.
    The Good Lord loves a spreadsheet man my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

TNViking is offline Starter

"raptorman" wrote:
    So for an update on the SOV for the Saints and Vikings.
    Since this changes every week I put together a spreadsheet to track it. I know, I have nothing better to do with my time. But this way everyone will know were we sit.
    If the either team loses to a NFC team it pretty much becomes moot. Unless they both lose to a NFC team.
    Anyway here it is.
    Currently, not including the NE game the Saints have the Vikings on SOV of games already played.
    However, for total games the Vikings have the edge.
    I'll update each week.
    Thanks for the update.
    Any way you can post the spreadsheet link (for us numbers geeks)

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

Assuming a loss by the Saints tonight:
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"HEY" wrote:
    Thanks for the nice read, Singersp!

I learned new things from the article.
    Not if you had just read PPO more than a month ago when this entire thing was laid out.
    We're so far ahead of the press sometimes that it's scary.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]Titans Help In Vikings Fight [/size] [/size] [/size] [/size] [/size]

http://blog.vikings.com/2009/11/30/t...vikings-fight/
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

TNViking is offline Starter

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    Thanks.
    It's closer than I would have guessed.

"TNViking" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    Thanks.
    It's closer than I would have guessed.
    Closer than I had guessed as well... it may get even closer after next week... assuming the Saints lose tonight (which is about the only scenario that brings the tie breaker into question), next weeks games (Vikes vs Cards and Saints vs Washington) could potentially put us ahead of the Saints as the Cards have 7 wins to Washington's 3 but the outcome of all the other games will affect it as well.
    It's time to start cheering on GB and Detroit!

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"TNViking" wrote:
    "hav0x" wrote:
    "TNViking" wrote:
    We basically lose on strength of victory unless the Saints lose to an NFC team.
    Let's hope we don't tie or they lose to Dallas (Ouch, I hate even saying that)
    Did you even read the article? Strength of victory is based on the records of the teams that a team has beaten. If the teams that we play and the saints play keep performing at about the same level we will win the tiebreaker. Losing to an NFC team would just make it easier.
    I've read several such articles and
    the sites I looked up SoV and SoS in had the Saints beating us easily (our SoV and SoV league-wide were near the bottom) Still it matters not.
    We just need to take care of business.
    This is the most telling paragraph regarding the SOV, at least IMO.

The Saints’ lead in this tie-breaker likely won’t last. Under the identical 10-1 scenarios, the remaining Vikings schedule is much tougher than that of the Saints. The Vikings play Arizona (7-3), Cincinnati (7-3), Carolina (4-6), Chicago (4-7) and the Giants (6-5) – a combined record of 28-24. The Saints final five are Washington (3-7), Atlanta (5-5), Dallas (8-3), Tampa Bay (1-9) and Carolina (4-6) – a combined record of 21-30. In the end, this could be the tie-breaker that would determine who gets home field advantage.

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "TNViking" wrote:
    "hav0x" wrote:
    "TNViking" wrote:
    Did you even read the article? Strength of victory is based on the records of the teams that a team has beaten. If the teams that we play and the saints play keep performing at about the same level we will win the tiebreaker. Losing to an NFC team would just make it easier.
    the sites I looked up SoV and SoS in had the Saints beating us easily (our SoV and SoV league-wide were near the bottom) Still it matters not.

The Saints’ lead in this tie-breaker likely won’t last. Under the identical 10-1 scenarios, the remaining Vikings schedule is much tougher than that of the Saints. The Vikings play Arizona (7-3), Cincinnati (7-3), Carolina (4-6), Chicago (4-7) and the Giants (6-5) – a combined record of 28-24. The Saints final five are Washington (3-7), Atlanta (5-5), Dallas (8-3), Tampa Bay (1-9) and Carolina (4-6) – a combined record of 21-30. In the end, this could be the tie-breaker that would determine who gets home field advantage.
    Actually I think that's an over simplification... my understanding of Strength of Victory is that it's the final records of the teams you've beaten not their record at the time you defeated them... after this week, if we're each 10 - 1, there will be about 7 or 8 teams for each of us that have 5 games left that could really swing things in 1 direction or the other... does Detroit go on a winning streak?
    Does GB lose out?
    Etc etc...

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "TNViking" wrote:
    "hav0x" wrote:
    "TNViking" wrote:

Actually I think that's an over simplification... my understanding of Strength of Victory is that it's the final records of the teams you've beaten not their record at the time you defeated them... after this week, if we're each 10 - 1, there will be about 7 or 8 teams for each of us that have 5 games left that could really swing things in 1 direction or the other... does Detroit go on a winning streak?
    Does GB lose out?
    Etc etc...
    It's not oversimplifying things...it's a look at the tie breakers right now.
    The records shown are not what they were at the time we beat them, it is their current record.
    This is only a premature look at the tiebreaker and a look at what teams could play a factor down the stretch.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast