Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 45 of 45
  1. #41
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Vikings/Saints Discussion Thread

    Zeus wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:

    I think it's serious problem that Brad Childress is still calling plays.
    What evidence do you have that Childress called plays last night?

    Let Favre take the reigns 100%, I don't care if we throw 50 times per game.
    Sorry - but Favre was the main problem last night. His timing was wayyyyyyy off. Just like last year. Unfortunately for the Vikings - the Saints are not the Browns.

    =Z=
    I'd say the offense looking like 2007, instead of 2009, may have something to do with why I think Childress was calling plays. At one point my roommate said "Watching this makes me think that you might as well have Jackson out there."

    You're right, Favre's timing was off. But I still don't think he would have abandoned Peterson in the second half, played out of ridiculous heavy formations for most snaps, and would have tried harder to get the ball into Harvin's hands. He did screw up once or twice, but we have plays designed to give him the ball, let's use them.


    Also, I don't like the fact that we still can't make adjustments. We're fine at "Settling in," like we did after the first drive TD by the Saints, but then they changed up at the half, and we had no response for it.

  2. #42
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Vikings/Saints Discussion Thread

    Mr Anderson wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:

    I think it's serious problem that Brad Childress is still calling plays.
    What evidence do you have that Childress called plays last night?

    Let Favre take the reigns 100%, I don't care if we throw 50 times per game.
    Sorry - but Favre was the main problem last night. His timing was wayyyyyyy off. Just like last year. Unfortunately for the Vikings - the Saints are not the Browns.
    I'd say the offense looking like 2007, instead of 2009, may have something to do with why I think Childress was calling plays. At one point my roommate said "Watching this makes me think that you might as well have Jackson out there."
    I think the offense looked just like 2009. 2009 against the Browns. Unfortunately, the Saints aren't the Browns.

    You're right, Favre's timing was off. But I still don't think he would have abandoned Peterson in the second half, played out of ridiculous heavy formations for most snaps, and would have tried harder to get the ball into Harvin's hands. He did screw up once or twice, but we have plays designed to give him the ball, let's use them.
    We have plays designed to get Harvin the ball when he's the slot receiver. When he's the outside receiver, the plays are designed to get Rice the ball. Harvin's not an outside guy. He doesn't know how to get open from that position. That much was glaringly obvious. So, right now, to get Harvin into the slot, they have to bring in Greg Lewis on the outside in a 3-WR set and THEN they can go to Harvin in the preferred manner.

    Also, I don't like the fact that we still can't make adjustments. We're fine at "Settling in," like we did after the first drive TD by the Saints, but then they changed up at the half, and we had no response for it.
    I believe the Saints scored 7 points in the 2nd half. That's "no response for it"?

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  3. #43
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,308

    Re: Vikings/Saints Discussion Thread

    Zeus wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:

    I think it's serious problem that Brad Childress is still calling plays.
    What evidence do you have that Childress called plays last night?

    Let Favre take the reigns 100%, I don't care if we throw 50 times per game.
    Sorry - but Favre was the main problem last night. His timing was wayyyyyyy off. Just like last year. Unfortunately for the Vikings - the Saints are not the Browns.
    I'd say the offense looking like 2007, instead of 2009, may have something to do with why I think Childress was calling plays. At one point my roommate said "Watching this makes me think that you might as well have Jackson out there."
    I think the offense looked just like 2009. 2009 against the Browns. Unfortunately, the Saints aren't the Browns.

    You're right, Favre's timing was off. But I still don't think he would have abandoned Peterson in the second half, played out of ridiculous heavy formations for most snaps, and would have tried harder to get the ball into Harvin's hands. He did screw up once or twice, but we have plays designed to give him the ball, let's use them.
    We have plays designed to get Harvin the ball when he's the slot receiver. When he's the outside receiver, the plays are designed to get Rice the ball. Harvin's not an outside guy. He doesn't know how to get open from that position. That much was glaringly obvious. So, right now, to get Harvin into the slot, they have to bring in Greg Lewis on the outside in a 3-WR set and THEN they can go to Harvin in the preferred manner.

    Also, I don't like the fact that we still can't make adjustments. We're fine at "Settling in," like we did after the first drive TD by the Saints, but then they changed up at the half, and we had no response for it.
    I believe the Saints scored 7 points in the 2nd half. That's "no response for it"?

    =Z=
    I felt exactly the same as Z ... felt like I was watching the Browns game all over, but we weren't playing the Browns.

    I felt REALLY good about the defense though because that offense is not the Browns and we looked good.

    All in all ... it is rather apparent that being in camp helps. I wish he would have been there. He wasn't. It is time for him to get to work. This team will be fine, but he has to find his rhythm now instead of Week 4 this season.

  4. #44
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Vikings/Saints Discussion Thread

    Zeus wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:

    I think it's serious problem that Brad Childress is still calling plays.
    What evidence do you have that Childress called plays last night?

    Let Favre take the reigns 100%, I don't care if we throw 50 times per game.
    Sorry - but Favre was the main problem last night. His timing was wayyyyyyy off. Just like last year. Unfortunately for the Vikings - the Saints are not the Browns.
    I'd say the offense looking like 2007, instead of 2009, may have something to do with why I think Childress was calling plays. At one point my roommate said "Watching this makes me think that you might as well have Jackson out there."
    I think the offense looked just like 2009. 2009 against the Browns. Unfortunately, the Saints aren't the Browns.

    You're right, Favre's timing was off. But I still don't think he would have abandoned Peterson in the second half, played out of ridiculous heavy formations for most snaps, and would have tried harder to get the ball into Harvin's hands. He did screw up once or twice, but we have plays designed to give him the ball, let's use them.
    We have plays designed to get Harvin the ball when he's the slot receiver. When he's the outside receiver, the plays are designed to get Rice the ball. Harvin's not an outside guy. He doesn't know how to get open from that position. That much was glaringly obvious. So, right now, to get Harvin into the slot, they have to bring in Greg Lewis on the outside in a 3-WR set and THEN they can go to Harvin in the preferred manner.

    Also, I don't like the fact that we still can't make adjustments. We're fine at "Settling in," like we did after the first drive TD by the Saints, but then they changed up at the half, and we had no response for it.
    I believe the Saints scored 7 points in the 2nd half. That's "no response for it"?

    =Z=
    How many points did we score in the second half? - Like I said, we settled in, scored 9 in the 2nd quarter, the Saints adjusted, and we had no response for it.

    By putting Harvin as the outside guy, would you say that's something like trying to "fit a square peg in a round hole?" - Put Camarillo out there, he looks good, then put Harvin in the slot. Make it work. Play to your strengths. I have been saying that for the whole time Chilly's been here, and I'm not the only one.

    Against Cleveland we stuck with what worked. Peterson carried the ball all day and dominated. Last night, Peterson had 6 carries for 30 yards in the third quarter, and not one in the 4th.

    Did you notice how the Saints kept throwing the ball when we were struggling to stop it? And running when we couldn't stop that? - What a novel concept. Who would have thought sticking with what's working for you just might be a good idea.

    Favre may have been rusty, but we were out coached.

  5. #45
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Vikings/Saints Discussion Thread

    Mr Anderson wrote:
    Favre may have been rusty, but we were out coached.
    Had he been able to complete some of those passes, people here would be talking about what a genius he is for checking out of runs into passes or some other BS.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Similar Threads

  1. The Official Hip-Hop discussion thread
    By PurplePride80 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 1650
    Last Post: 01-12-2012, 07:22 PM
  2. Vikings vs Saints Official Postgame Discussion
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 159
    Last Post: 09-18-2010, 09:01 AM
  3. The Official Country discussion thread
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 09-19-2007, 07:36 PM
  4. Official TV Discussion Thread
    By Benet in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-30-2006, 05:56 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •