Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Rickles is offline Waterboy

Re: Vikings/Saints Discussion Thread

btw - somebody needs to fix this site so it doesn't go down during games....
    None

Erinnn is offline Starter

Rickles wrote:
    i did think it was pretty weak your tackle left with a sore finger.
    I don't want people to start thinking I'm defending McKinnie, but he dislocated his finger and they could not get it back in right away -- per Childress via Tom Pelissero.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Rickles wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Rickles wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Rickles wrote:
    sorry, brett.
    Oh that guy. I am not upset. Camarillo just got here. I thought Percy ran some bad routes. Berrian can't catch. Give it time and Camrillo will be the next Rice.
    i picked up berrian on my fantasy team thinking he would get some play w/out percy and i'm starting to feel that was a real bad pick.

peterson looked really good in the first half (even with the saints d keying on him), they really need to lean on him until harvin comes back.
    You mean Rice. Percy was playing.
    yes, rice, i'm drunk and making a bad first impression - leave it to a packer fan.
    You are doing just fine. Most Packer fans come here to talk shit.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

marstc09 wrote:
    Rickles wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Rickles wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Rickles wrote:
    sorry, brett.
    Oh that guy. I am not upset. Camarillo just got here. I thought Percy ran some bad routes. Berrian can't catch. Give it time and Camrillo will be the next Rice.
    i picked up berrian on my fantasy team thinking he would get some play w/out percy and i'm starting to feel that was a real bad pick.

peterson looked really good in the first half (even with the saints d keying on him), they really need to lean on him until harvin comes back.
    You mean Rice. Percy was playing.
    yes, rice, i'm drunk and making a bad first impression - leave it to a packer fan.
    You are doing just fine. Most Packer fans come here to talk shit.
    Right now I'd prefer a packer fan over a saints fan.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

I hate this thread right now.
    We're bringing purple back.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

marstc09 wrote:
    Favre was rusty but looked great at times.
    When exactly did Favre look great? I can think of one pass (the TD to Shank) that looked great. The rest was shit.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Zeus wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Favre was rusty but looked great at times.
    When exactly did Favre look great? I can think of one pass (the TD to Shank) that looked great. The rest was shit.

=Z=
    He did have a nice pass to AD for -3 yards.

The pass to Shiancoe over the middle for 20+ yds. was a beautiful pass. A better pass than the TD.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Mr Anderson wrote:
    I think it's a serious problem that even without Rice, Harvin only touched the ball TWICE.
    Percy would have gotten the ball more if he didn't stop on a couple of routes over the middle.

I think it's a serious problem that the officials are now 0 for 4 on challenges/reviews in our past 2 games and holding only gets called one way.. How does the official with no view of the play, overrule the guy with the angle? WTF?
    I think that was a piss-pour review. That was a catch. I think Collinsworth did nail it when he said if 4 refs say it's a catch and one says it isn't, they will call it incomplete.

I think it's a serious problem that we don't rip at the ball like other NFL teams.
    I agree on this one 100%. They don't need to be like everyone is against AD, but when they desperately needed a turnover in the 4th quarter, they should have been going after the ball in Thomas' hands a bit more.

I think it's a serious problem that with the best runner in the NFL, a hall of fame QB, a deep threat WR(whether or not his hands are reliable,) a great slot receiver, and a decent line, we can't put a drive together.
    Except for that drive in the 2nd quarter, you mean.

I think it's serious problem that Brad Childress is still calling plays.
    What evidence do you have that Childress called plays last night?

Let Favre take the reigns 100%, I don't care if we throw 50 times per game.
    Sorry - but Favre was the main problem last night. His timing was wayyyyyyy off. Just like last year. Unfortunately for the Vikings - the Saints are not the Browns.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach

Zeus wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    I think it's a serious problem that even without Rice, Harvin only touched the ball TWICE.
    Percy would have gotten the ball more if he didn't stop on a couple of routes over the middle.

I think it's a serious problem that the officials are now 0 for 4 on challenges/reviews in our past 2 games and holding only gets called one way.. How does the official with no view of the play, overrule the guy with the angle? WTF?
    I think that was a piss-pour review. That was a catch. I think Collinsworth did nail it when he said if 4 refs say it's a catch and one says it isn't, they will call it incomplete.

I think it's a serious problem that we don't rip at the ball like other NFL teams.
    I agree on this one 100%. They don't need to be like everyone is against AD, but when they desperately needed a turnover in the 4th quarter, they should have been going after the ball in Thomas' hands a bit more.

I think it's a serious problem that with the best runner in the NFL, a hall of fame QB, a deep threat WR(whether or not his hands are reliable,) a great slot receiver, and a decent line, we can't put a drive together.
    Except for that drive in the 2nd quarter, you mean.

I think it's serious problem that Brad Childress is still calling plays.
    What evidence do you have that Childress called plays last night?

Let Favre take the reigns 100%, I don't care if we throw 50 times per game.
    Sorry - but Favre was the main problem last night. His timing was wayyyyyyy off. Just like last year. Unfortunately for the Vikings - the Saints are not the Browns.

=Z=
    Bottom line Favre was not ready. Very rusty and not enough time with the receivers to get any sort of timing down. I put this one on Favre not being in camp soon enough. Should have run AD more in a close game he was close to breaking one I thought. I would have liked to see more screens to AD. The D was great for the guys we were able to put on the field. I am wondering why Camarillo wasn't used more. We will be a better team moving forward.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

I get so mad during the games, especially when it ends in a loss, but after stepping away and thinking about it, here are some thoughts I have (and no I haven't read the thread so it may be some repeats)

Neither team really looked all that strong last night. The Saints had a couple good drives and the Vikes had one where Favre threw some beautiful balls to Shank. It was anyones game, and again doesn't prove that they are the better team. They had the home field advantage and I think thats pretty much the reason they won. We were pretty evenly matched...

Definitely need to knock the rust off of Favre, the thing I noticed about him last night, vs last year, was he didn't look like he was having fun out there at all. Normally they show him smiling and laughing on the sidelines, even after bad drives, but I don't think I saw one smile from him last night. He doesn't look like he wants to be playing.

Adrian was running like a beast last night and protecting the ball, I foresee a GREAT season from him this year. Albert Young on the other hand... UGH... ugh ugh ugh. I didn't like him during any of the preseason games and I like him even less after last night.

Its hard to play against a team and the refs. It wasn't as bad last night as during the NFCCG, but they were pretty damn horrible. That was totally a catch, and unfortunately there was no good angle to prove it during the replay, but the first ref's decision, the one who could actually see it, his call should have stood. Don't like that rule at all!!

I'm excited for the season though, we will be a good football team again this year, just need to shake off the rust, get our guys back from injury, and enjoy!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast