Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings/Saints Discussion Thread

Rickles wrote:
    sorry, brett.
    Oh that guy. I am not upset. Camarillo just got here. I thought Percy ran some bad routes. Berrian can't catch. Give it time and Camrillo will be the next Rice.

Rickles wrote:
    hi viking fans - packer fan here.

your defense looked great tonight against a very talented team - i expected less from them.

you guys are all saying brent will be better with another game or two under his belt and i completely agree - last year he was amazing (to my extreme disappointment). but that said, do you feel upset at all that he was this rusty? would you have liked him to come into camp a little earlier to shake off that rust and maybe give them a better shot in that second half?

this could be a big loss in a tough nfc.
    It's frustrating, but I'm not worried. I would take having Favre not be at his best early in the year over not having Favre at all.
    "I can't stand burnt toast. I loathe bus stations: terrible places, full of lost luggage and lost souls. And then there's unrequited love, and tyranny, and cruelty. We all have a world of our own terrors to face."
    - The Doctor

Rickles is offline Waterboy

marstc09 wrote:
    Rickles wrote:
    sorry, brett.
    Oh that guy. I am not upset. Camarillo just got here. I thought Percy ran some bad routes. Berrian can't catch. Give it time and Camrillo will be the next Rice.
    i picked up berrian on my fantasy team thinking he would get some play w/out percy and i'm starting to feel that was a real bad pick.

peterson looked really good in the first half (even with the saints d keying on him), they really need to lean on him until harvin comes back.
    None

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Rickles wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Rickles wrote:
    sorry, brett.
    i picked up berrian on my fantasy team thinking he would get some play w/out percy and i'm starting to feel that was a real bad pick.

peterson looked really good in the first half (even with the saints d keying on him), they really need to lean on him until harvin comes back.
    You mean Rice. Percy was playing.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

How do you come out flat in a game like this? A revenge game... and again after half time.

How does your starting LT leave with a finger injury(that thing better be fucking OFF his hand?)

Do you think the Jets would dare come out like that for Rex Ryan? The Pats for Belichick, the Colts for Peyton, or the Ravens for Harbaugh?

I think it's a serious problem that even without Rice, Harvin only touched the ball TWICE.

I think it's a serious problem that we continue to try to run out of heavy sets and take Peterson off the field on most third downs.

I think it's a serious problem that the officials are now 0 for 4 on challenges/reviews in our past 2 games and holding only gets called one way.. How does the official with no view of the play, overrule the guy with the angle? WTF?

I think it's a serious problem that we don't rip at the ball like other NFL teams.

I think it's a serious problem that none of our DBs put themselves in position for the pick, and when they do, they drop it.

I think it's a serious problem that we've been complaining about the same issues in the running game for 3 years.

I think it's a serious problem that with the best runner in the NFL, a hall of fame QB, a deep threat WR(whether or not his hands are reliable,) a great slot receiver, and a decent line, we can't put a drive together.

I think it's serious problem that Brad Childress is still calling plays.

Let Favre take the reigns 100%, I don't care if we throw 50 times per game.

marstc09 wrote:
    Rickles wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Rickles wrote:
    sorry, brett.

You mean Rice. Percy was playing.
    yes, rice, i'm drunk and making a bad first impression - leave it to a packer fan.
    None

i did think it was pretty weak your tackle left with a sore finger.
    None

Culpepper_4717 is offline Asst. Coach Chopper Challenge Champion

bbqplatypus318 wrote:
    Rickles wrote:
    hi viking fans - packer fan here.

your defense looked great tonight against a very talented team - i expected less from them.

you guys are all saying brent will be better with another game or two under his belt and i completely agree - last year he was amazing (to my extreme disappointment). but that said, do you feel upset at all that he was this rusty? would you have liked him to come into camp a little earlier to shake off that rust and maybe give them a better shot in that second half?

this could be a big loss in a tough nfc.
    It's frustrating, but I'm not worried. I would take having Favre not be at his best early in the year over not having Favre at all.
    Exactly. I was more scared of Favre going down then losing the game.

Rickles wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Rickles wrote:
    sorry, brett.
    I made that same mistake last year. For some reason, he just doesn't seem to fit well with Favre. Does alright when he's the best option for shitty quarterbacks. Favre...not so much.
    "I can't stand burnt toast. I loathe bus stations: terrible places, full of lost luggage and lost souls. And then there's unrequited love, and tyranny, and cruelty. We all have a world of our own terrors to face."
    - The Doctor

alright gents. thanks for not lynching me - more than i expected from you westies. long season ahead of us and the big games will again be minn v gb (i'm hoping they turn out differently than last year). i'll chat at you sunday and take the heat i deserve if the pack loses.
    None

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast