Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:Are the Vikings running out of offense?

V-Unit wrote:
    I don't know why everyone wants to make it so complicated.

Run the ball more.

Quantity Rushing. Quality Passing.

-V-
    Comeon my friend, you know no one wants to talk boring stuff like blocking schemes or cutbacks by the RB's.

Much for fun to bash on the QB who is audibling out of those runs...
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

pack93z wrote:
    I don't think it is a matter of the Vikings running out of "offense".. but I think some of the warning signs prior to the Favre signing are starting to creep into the picture.

Go back to the massive Favre thread where a couple of us Packer fans pointed to the fact the Childress won't be able to keep Favre within the playbook and Favre will not heed the coach.

Point is.. Brett is freelancing more and more.. IMO, making the Vikings more pass oriented and taking balance out of this offensive attack. And that balance the Vikings have, with the stable of athletes at WR and RB is probably close to the best in the NFL.. but is being handcuffed to a point at the line of scrimmage. Couple that with a offensive line that can be beaten by a pass rush.. that lack of balance is being magnified.

And as your fanbase will find out over the course of the next couple of weeks.. there is little Chilly can do about it (what the Packers knew 2 years ago and experienced first hand).. he lacks the nads to straight out bench Favre.. and honestly.. he hitched his wagon to that steer early without much room for wiggle.. might as well have married Brett at the airport when he picked him up.

Buckle in folks.. I am not sure how this is going to turn out.. I am not sold that it is headed for a crash.. but the ride is going to get bumpy with Childress testing Favre this late in the season.

You can talk about being a dome team or a turf team all you want.. this team has the horses to buckle it up on any surface...

BTW.. not trying to stir it up.. more so give an outside observation without the purple tint.

lol, if I didn't know you.....

Good points...maybe the worst thing to happen was that last second TD to Lewis v. SFO. Since then our running game has taken a back seat, and has virtually disappeared. I don't mind an audible once in a while, but not this consistently. What a shame, because without the running game we are going nowhere. Childress, wake up now or forever hold Brett's balls.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    V-Unit wrote:

Run the ball more.

-V-
    Comeon my friend, you know no one wants to talk boring stuff like blocking schemes or cutbacks by the RB's.

How many times in his career has AD averaged less than 3 YPC when he has 20 or more attempts? Twice, or 8% of the time.

How many times in his career has AD averaged less than 3 YPC when he has less than 20 attempts? Thrice, or 15% of the time.

Unlike you, or others on here, I don't have a grudge against Favre. I don't even buy into the reports that he is audbiling, so Bevell and Chilly draw my ire as well. The bottomline is AD won't disappoint if you don't quit on him. I wish he would simply demand more touches, but he is too much of a team player to do that.

So I while I would love some serious football talk, I don't give a damn about blocking schemes, or missed cutback lanes. We should never, ever give up on the run.

-V-
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

V-Unit wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    V-Unit wrote:

Run the ball more.

-V-

How many times in his career has AD averaged less than 3 YPC when he has 20 or more attempts? Twice, or 8% of the time.

How many times in his career has AD averaged less than 3 YPC when he has less than 20 attempts? Thrice, or 15% of the time.

Unlike you, or others on here, I don't have a grudge against Favre. I don't even buy into the reports that he is audbiling, so Bevell and Chilly draw my ire as well. The bottomline is AD won't disappoint if you don't quit on him. I wish he would simply demand more touches, but he is too much of a team player to do that.

So I while I would love some serious football talk, I don't give a damn about blocking schemes, or missed cutback lanes. We should never, ever give up on the run.

-V-
    60/40 my friend. 60/40.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler

Marrdro wrote:
    V-Unit wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    V-Unit wrote:

Run the ball more.

-V-

-V-
    60/40 my friend. 60/40.
    How do you stop AP??? I tell you how... It's not putting 8 in the box, teams have tried for the past two years and he has still run all over them. The only way to stop him is to limit his touches. Teams have been showing run blitz, 8 in the box, and making Favre audible out of run plays. Going from running plays to passing plays. As good as Harvin, Berrian, and Rice have been, they have only been good when Favre is able to run play action. You can't run play action if your running game is not moving the ball. So, teams have dictated the Viking offensive strategy and taken AP out of the game. Passing game has been less effective, not because of lack of plays, but lack of play action. This is just my opinion.

ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler

Marrdro wrote:
    V-Unit wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    V-Unit wrote:

Run the ball more.

-V-

-V-
    60/40 my friend. 60/40.
    How do you stop AP??? I tell you how... It's not putting 8 in the box, teams have tried for the past two years and he has still run all over them. The only way to stop him is to limit his touches. Teams have been showing run blitz, 8 in the box, and making Favre audible out of run plays. Going from running plays to passing plays. As good as Harvin, Berrian, and Rice have been, they have only been good when Favre is able to run play action. You can't run play action if your running game is not moving the ball. So, teams have dictated the Viking offensive strategy and taken AP out of the game. Passing game has been less effective, not because of lack of plays, but lack of play action. This is just my opinion.

ConnecticutViking wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    V-Unit wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    V-Unit wrote:

Run the ball more.

-V-

-V-
    60/40 my friend. 60/40.
    You, I like.

You just got yourself a spreadsheet promotion my friend.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

ConnecticutViking wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    V-Unit wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    V-Unit wrote:

Run the ball more.

-V-

-V-
    60/40 my friend. 60/40.
    That is more than just opinion. I would consider that fact. Great Post.

-V-
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

ConnecticutViking wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    V-Unit wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    V-Unit wrote:

Run the ball more.

-V-

-V-
    60/40 my friend. 60/40.
    Great post. I have a feeling we are going to get back on track after what has just happened.

Big C2 is offline Training Camp

Great points guys. My personal opinion is that we got our act (play balance) together in the Bengals game. We ran the ball up the gut and had an efficient pass game.

As far as I could tell we did the same in the Panthers game, but with poor execution. The grass did NOT help us. So many Vikings (both offense and defense) slipped and stumbled all night throwing everything out of synch.

Like someone mentioned, we are built to be an outstanding turf team but will struggle in poor grass fields. I thought Lambeu field held up pretty well while the Carolina field was absolute shit.

Remember a few years ago where Bellicheck had the field watered overnight against the Colts to put that offense out of sync in the platyoffs?
    None

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast