Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Vikings' run dominance might not be enough

"purplepowered" wrote:
    LMFAO HOLY pooh! ok Yeah
    i AGREE Santa is fake! Thanks for the reality check! But hey I still think we could suprise the Gb Pud Packers.
    and a cpl other teams. I sooo bad want revenge. I think we are so prime to get revenge on that game. And with Peterson haveing
    3 yard game after the taken out game with them after the 34-0 goose egg. We WANT this opportunity.
    Who has been putting packages from Santa out for me the last 30 years?
    I don't believe you. Your just trying to ruin my holiday.
    :'(

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Mr-holland" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    You just wait if we make the two back system of ground and pound work for the rest of the year and playoffs everybody will start praising us and some teams will even try the same system just like teams do with anything that finally works.
    What kills me is that we have seen a two back system work time and time again in the NFL, but it just doesn't catch on.
    Not? depends on what your expectations are. if you look at the yardage gotten by both i think it catched on pretty well. if you look game-wise you deal with the Peterson injury
    I may have been unclear.
    I [i]do[i] think the two back system works well.
    We have seen it work well repeatedly in the NFL.
    Yet for some reason, teams with a good 1-2 punch (like Chicago last year) end up trading one of those punches away or letting them go through FA.
    I don't understand why more teams don't go with a two back system.
    Two RBs spell each other and keep each other fresh into December and January.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    You just wait if we make the two back system of ground and pound work for the rest of the year and playoffs everybody will start praising us and some teams will even try the same system just like teams do with anything that finally works.
    What kills me is that we have seen a two back system work time and time again in the NFL, but it just doesn't catch on.
    Not? depends on what your expectations are. if you look at the yardage gotten by both i think it catched on pretty well. if you look game-wise you deal with the Peterson injury
    I may have been unclear.
    Yet for some reason, teams with a good 1-2 punch (like Chicago last year) end up trading one of those punches away or letting them go through FA.
    Two RBs spell each other and keep each other fresh into December and January.
    Now i get ya. i thought you meant that it didn't catch on with us.
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    I may have been unclear.
    Two RBs spell each other and keep each other fresh
    into December and January.
    I mentioned that 2 years ago when the majority of the members here insisted we need an every down back.

I was scoffed at then.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    ...Adrian Peterson might be the sure rookie of the year, and Kevin Williams and Pat Williams are two outstanding defensive linemen, but teams don't really win in the playoffs by running the ball and stopping the run.

They win by passing the ball and shutting down the other team's quarterback with good pass defense...
    Ousiders usually do a fairly good job of making statements based on a semblance of information.
    But, the yards given up in passing is once again being focused on rather than the pts given up.
    The 9ers game was won, more than any other this year, by some passing and shutting down the QB.
    The 9ers have questionable team talent and teams like the Packers destroyed the Vikings with the pass.
    I like Frazier's coaching and believe they do have a chance in the playoffs of keeping other teams in check.
    If they can do those sustained 8 min. drives they can beat anyone.
    While that is true, that was one game, against one of the worse team in the league.

Show it to me a few more times, that TJack can win the game with his arm, and I might start to believe.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12