Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Vikings Room Progress

"michaelmazid" wrote:
    damm nice room turbo.

now all you need is a laptop to keep up with your fantasy scores, a mini frig and a naked maid who satisfies u in every way
    Well I have always had the laptop, but I also eventually got a full sized fridge in a storage room just outside the door that is fully stocked with the beer and snacks.

I was looking through this old thread tonight because I linked back to it on another thread where someone was asking about if anyone had a Vikings room.

What caught my attention when I went back and read this old thread was that I had asked back then about whether I should put up the Wally Hilgenburg picture or the Joey Browner picture.
    What I realized was that now a year and a half after this thread I still hadnt put up either of them.
    I had two extra frames in my office that I was planning on using and I guess for some reason just never did so.
    So with as important of game as we have coming up tomorrow I thought we could use the extra defensive presence.
    So I just finished up framing them now, and I will hang them in the morning so that I dont wake anyone with the hammer tonight.

Although I would normally be nervous about making any changes before a big game, I figure this is a no-brainer and we can probably use the defensive help for tomorrow.

Right?

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

You are correct. A no brainer.

You can't go wrong with the framing and displaying of legends.

Of course if we lose we'll now have no choice but to blame you, no matter if you decide to put them up or not.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

"cogitans" wrote:

Of course if we lose we'll now have no choice but to blame you, no matter if you decide to put them up or not.
    Well it is done, so we will see how that goes.

Jilly is offline Coach

"Turboe" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:

You have a sweet room Turboe. How did you match the room colors? Is it the paint that they sell at Home Depot?

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Turboe" wrote:
    Just let me know if ya'll are getting tired of seeing the slow (but sure) progress.

Last night I got the Offense's wall up.

[img width=450 height=337]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/Turboe/Vikings/2007-07-17_100_3888.jpg[/img]
    Can you identify the players pics?

I know its not fair the toughest to recognize also probably happen to be the furthest ones in the corner.
    well, without looking farther into the thread to get answers, here's my guesses

1. #80, cris carter
    2. #28, old style jersey, not AD, but probably Ahmad Rashad
    3. #84.... Aundrae Allison... just kiddin its moss
    4. can't quite tell the number, but looks like a 26, which would be mr. ant... i mean mr. robert smith.
    5. Looks alot like a small white qb who goes by #10, anybody knows who that is?
    must be Tarkenton
    6. #9 Tommy Kramer
    7. Can't tell, looks like its outside, meaning a kicker from before 1981, the kicker in 1980 was Rick Danmeier, never heard of him, so i doubt you'd have
    apicture of him.
    Doing a quick skim through history, in reverse chronological order starting from 1980, the first kicker i came upon that I've heard of was Fred Cox, so I'll go with that.

edit****** I rule

"VikingMD" wrote:
    "Turboe" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:

Yes, that is exactly what it is.
    Those are Vikings Purple and Gold.
    It is funny because you dont realize how orangeish the Vikings Gold actually is.
    On the wall it seems to orange at first and not yellow enough.
    But if you put a helmet or a jersey up against it, it is exactly the right color.
    The purple is just awesome.
    It is amazing most of the people that bring in there are not Vikings fans (not too many of us down in this area), but they always are blown away by how the color looks.

I think I stated earlier that my wife wasnt sure about it when I painted the walls and celing both, but even she has to admit it really turned out cool.
    I havent taken any new pictures in a year or so, but I will try to find a camera and do so before I take the "Vikings Tree" down this week.
    Also as I said i have a few more things up on the wall.

Anyway I think it really adds to any Vikings room.
    My buddy down the street did his Packers room using Home Depot paint as well (just solid green) and then he added some wall paper yellow stripes around near the top, but they are not quite the right yellow for the pack, and you can tell when you look at the Fatheads on his wall.
    So if you are going to do it, might as well do it right with the Home Depot colors that are exact.

Anyone else have any experience with the Home Depot paint?

You have a sweet room Turboe. How did you match the room colors? Is it the paint that they sell at Home Depot?

I am looking for a house with a forth room just for a Viking rec room. that is kick a$$ good job. your my hero

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"cogitans" wrote:
    ...Of course if we lose we'll now have no choice but to blame you, no matter if you decide to put them up or not.
    It's Turboe's fault?
    Finally, a definitive answer.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Turboe,

How would you like one of the towels they handed out at the game Sunday?

It's this one that JeffSeimon is holding:

We have 8...thanks to Singer.
    Thought since Singer was scooping them up and he is always gracious towards members, I would pull a Singer.

PM your address if you want one.

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Nice room.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011