Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings rookie DE Brian Robison wants more snaps

Robison has been more than solid all season long & should be given the opportunity to see more playing time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[size=13pt]Minnesota Vikings rookie DE Brian Robison wants more snaps against Dallas Cowboys[/size]

Defensive end is eager to play against team he cheered for as a kid in Texas.

BY DON SEEHOLZER
    Pioneer Press

Article Last Updated: 10/18/2007 11:46:18 PM CDT

Adrian Peterson isn't the only Vikings rookie who will be going home this weekend.....

Defensive end Brian Robison expects to have about 30 friends and family members in Texas Stadium for Sunday's game against the Dallas Cowboys.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Vikings rookie DE Brian Robison wants more snaps

Frazier talks in the article about the Cowboys being "big up front," and that they'd likely be running the ball quite a bit. Obviously, Frazier isn't fooling anyone. They have Tony frickin Romo throwing the ball against the worst rated passing defense, but second best rushing defense in the league. Please. It'll be hardly anything buy shotgun on every Dallas down until the Vikes prove that their defense can stop it.

That said, we really need to get Robison back in there. I like Erasmus James, and it seemed like he was off to a really good start last year before he went down, but it would be asinine not to put someone like Robison in, who already has 3 sacks in such a fairly limited amount of snaps.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I know what Marrdro voted... ;D
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Robison's aggression up field helps the OT just push him out of the play. It happened every time against the Bears. The tackle let him rush up field, then they pushed him out, and the QB stepped up. He is a situational player off the bench, and is a good change of pace, but not a starter just yet.

He will come up big in the later parts of the game with his speed, and has to take advantage of his time on the field. Playing back in Texas should be a motivator for him to play well, and I believe all our Texas guys AP, Griffin, and Robison will play well.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"The" wrote:
    Frazier talks in the article about the Cowboys being "big up front," and that they'd likely be running the ball quite a bit. Obviously, Frazier isn't fooling anyone. They have Tony frickin Romo throwing the ball against the worst rated passing defense, but second best rushing defense in the league. Please. It'll be hardly anything buy shotgun on every Dallas down until the Vikes prove that their defense can stop it.

That said, we really need to get Robison back in there. I like Erasmus James, and it seemed like he was off to a really good start last year before he went down, but it would be asinine not to put someone like Robison in, who already has 3 sacks in such a fairly limited amount of snaps.
    Exactly Robison should be in there mixing it up.
    I am a fan of James as long as his Knee is OK but Ray Edwards and Robison is a nice combo IMO. And then mix James if he is healthy and then Udezee as needed. But to me Robison and Edwards should be getting the majority of the snaps

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

I think he is definitely worthy.
    We just need to find the right mix of DE's each game who are applying PRESSURE.
    Robison might play better against a particular tackle than does Edwards, Udeze, or James...and vice versa.
    That's why you need and rotate a bunch of them if you don't have a Doleman, or an Abraham, or a Sweeney.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

This is the first article that makes me question Frazier. After watching the game twice , it was apparent that James was not a factor on any plays. Maybe Frazier is trying to keep Dallas guessing!
    Speed is important against their big linemen. Robison has speed and strength, in addition to extra motivation. I hope Frazier gets him involved early.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Here's to all our Texas Vikings having a great game at Dallas!!!
    Pat Williams, Adrian Peterson, Cedric Griffin, Brian Robison, Robert Ferguson, Fred Evans...all went to college there.
    And, there are several others from nearby Oklahoma, Tony Richardson leading that list.
    I sure hope the Vikings are at least as fired up as I am for this game...it would be HUGE to win there!
    They still owe us for that whole RB for three superbowls trade way back when!?!??

But, anyway, HELL YEAH!
    Robison plays with intensity, and doesn't quit.
    I'm not going to say he's the starter, but give him plenty of rotations in there, he sounds extra motivated this week and keeping the Dline fresh is great!
    I'm betting he noticed the same thing PurpleTide did when he watched the game tapes, and will have a new move for spinning back inside that guy.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

I hope he injures Romo (not seriously, but enough to leave the game), and then good ol' Brad Johnson has to come in and play us. Nothing like a good BJ to feel better.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

davike is offline Team Alumni

This guy needs more snaps, the guy is always in the back field when he is in. He is exciting to watch, I alway notice when 96 checks in, because he is always either pressuring the QB or almost at him. The guy leads the Vikes in sacks with minimal snaps with 3. Only Udeze and Johnson have 2. His biggest problem is sometimes he speed gets him in trouble, I have seen him look really bad on rushing downs.

I am assuming we are going to see a lot of passing downs this week so I sure hope he gets in there quite a bit.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast