Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Vikings resign Ross

The Viking trying to shore up their secondary resigned Derek Ross and waived Ralph Brown from the 53 man roster.

Hopefully his knee has improved and will give us a better option in the dime package than either Brown or Rushen Jones.

Hopefully he has decided that he doesn't want to not be a headcase, and comes in looking for a chance to help the team.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Vikings resign Ross

I liked Ross when he was here before & wasn't sure why he was released. He and Winfield got along and worked well together.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Vikings resign Ross

Im hoping hes a way better upgrade then ralph brown. He got his ass toasted yesterday. He needs to stay healthy and unhealthy is what describes this team so far. :|
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

Vikings resign Ross

"hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    Im hoping hes a way better upgrade then ralph brown. He got his ass toasted yesterday. He needs to stay healthy and unhealthy is what describes this team so far. :|
    Just another chapter of the Viking secondary woes.
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

Foreman44 is offline Starter

Vikings resign Ross

This is a good move!

Vikings resign Ross

"hovan" wrote:
    "hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    Just another chapter of the Viking secondary woes.
    very true Hovan

pepper 0n moss is offline Pro-Bowler

Vikings resign Ross

i thought denny and the cards got him off the waive wire?

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Vikings resign Ross

He didnt pass his physical, he must be healthy. I was pissed when they let him go, curious to see what he can do. I like this.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Vikings resign Ross

I think that I would take on almost anybody to help the secondary (well, not Denard Walker) because we have to do something to stop the bleeding!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Vikings resign Ross

This was an article from Viking Update.

They had reported that the Viking signed Ross, and another friend confirmed he got the same information from Winter Park.

But my next post will be from the Pioneer Press saying that Ross is not available until Wednesday and that he is trying out for the Bronco's!

MONDAY NOTES
    * Who’s that fourth-string running back? Mewelde Moore made some believers Sunday. Not only did he rush 20 times for 92 yards, but he caught 12 passes for 90 yards in the receiving game. Not too shabby for the new steal of the draft.
    * A concern for the Vikes has to remain the level to which opposing offenses can attack the passing game. After halftime, David Carr threw for 288 yards – totally unacceptable under any conditions.
    * The Vikings had 510 total yards Sunday.
    * In the first half of Sunday’s game, the Vikings held the ball for 20:33 of the 30 minutes.
    * Sunday was the 33rd straight game in which the Vikings had 300 yards or more of total offense. It has surpassed the record set by the 1998-2000 Vikings and was only interrupted once in the interim — a Joe Dimaggio streak if there ever has been one.
    * Houston was arguably the loudest outdoor site for NFL games ever. The Vikes had six false start penalties — three on rookie Nat Dorsey alone. In three home games this year, the Texans have had 18 false start calls – most in the NFL by far.
    * Cory Withrow suffered a knee injury in overtime that forced the Vikes to put Matt Birk into the lineup. He was on the field for three plays — the last being the touchdown to Marcus Robinson that ended the game.
    * Keenan Howry sustained a dislocated shoulder Sunday and could be on the shelf for several weeks.
    * The Vikings re-signed CB Derek Ross, who will replace Ralph Brown on the 53-man roster.
    * Terrance Shaw suffered a turf toe injury, but, prior to that, made a couple of big plays to help out the secondary in the nickel and dime packages.
    * In the first three games, Darren Bennett had a total of five punts. He had eight on Sunday.
    * Randy Moss played in is 100th game Sunday.
    * The Vikes are the only team in the NFL without an interception. Last year, the Vikings led the league almost all year in that category.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast