Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 59
  1. #21
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings Release John David Booty

    "jkjuggalo" wrote:
    BTW, with Quinn selling his house in Cleveland, is it possible we are making an effort to bring him here and this is just part of the process?
    Doubtful.
    We still have three QBs on roster, and we aren't really looking to add any more.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  2. #22
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Vikings Release John David Booty

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jkjuggalo" wrote:
    BTW, with Quinn selling his house in Cleveland, is it possible we are making an effort to bring him here and this is just part of the process?
    Doubtful.
    We still have three QBs on roster, and we aren't really looking to add any more.
    Yeah...I'm not even sure he is an upgrade over Sage or Jackson TBH.

  3. #23
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Vikings Release John David Booty

    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "jkjuggalo" wrote:
    Good.
    I have never been as disappointed in a QB pick as I was when we drafted JDB.
    I saw him as at best a third string guy.


    thats what we said about Shaun Hill.
    You mean the same Shaun Hill that had a 45 QB rating against the Seahawks?
    Hill wouldn't be the first QB to go on and have flashes of brilliance with another team.
    I can't help but wonder if our [size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]QB guru isn't such a QB guru after all [/size][/size][/size][/size]and instead is holding them back developmentally.



    Granted, most of these QBs who went on ended up fizzling out rather quickly so who knows.
    Favre has looked good so far but it's hard to say this current organization has had anything to do with that other than pursuing him and getting him to sign.
    Let's go back and revisit.
    Childress never touted himself as being a QB guru.
    This is a label the media gave him.
    He has not done that well with the QB situation until this year but he was never a QB guru to begin with.

  4. #24
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Vikings Release John David Booty

    "ejmat" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "jkjuggalo" wrote:
    Good.
    I have never been as disappointed in a QB pick as I was when we drafted JDB.
    I saw him as at best a third string guy.


    thats what we said about Shaun Hill.
    You mean the same Shaun Hill that had a 45 QB rating against the Seahawks?
    Hill wouldn't be the first QB to go on and have flashes of brilliance with another team.
    I can't help but wonder if our [size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]QB guru isn't such a QB guru after all [/size][/size][/size][/size]and instead is holding them back developmentally.



    Granted, most of these QBs who went on ended up fizzling out rather quickly so who knows.
    Favre has looked good so far but it's hard to say this current organization has had anything to do with that other than pursuing him and getting him to sign.
    Let's go back and revisit.
    Childress never touted himself as being a QB guru.
    This is a label the media gave him.
    He has not done that well with the QB situation until this year but he was never a QB guru to begin with.
    I didn't say he touted himself as a QB guru...but fact is he was touted as one - whether it was fair or not.
    Most coaches don't tout themselves as anything, yet they still get ripped when they don't meet specific expectations.


  5. #25
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Vikings Release John David Booty

    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    [quote author=jkjuggalo link=topic=53656.msg1005192#msg1005192 date=1255543136]
    Good.
    I have never been as disappointed in a QB pick as I was when we drafted JDB.
    I saw him as at best a third string guy.


    thats what we said about Shaun Hill.
    You mean the same Shaun Hill that had a 45 QB rating against the Seahawks?
    Hill wouldn't be the first QB to go on and have flashes of brilliance with another team.
    I can't help but wonder if our [size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]QB guru isn't such a QB guru after all [/size][/size][/size][/size]and instead is holding them back developmentally.



    Granted, most of these QBs who went on ended up fizzling out rather quickly so who knows.
    Favre has looked good so far but it's hard to say this current organization has had anything to do with that other than pursuing him and getting him to sign.
    Let's go back and revisit.
    Childress never touted himself as being a QB guru.
    This is a label the media gave him.
    He has not done that well with the QB situation until this year but he was never a QB guru to begin with.
    I didn't say he touted himself as a QB guru...but fact is he was touted as one - whether it was fair or not.
    Most coaches don't tout themselves as anything, yet they still get ripped when they don't meet specific expectations.


    [/quote]

    That is true.
    But that is why I don't get even mentioning it.
    We all know he is not a QB guru.
    I believe he does as well.
    Therefore, why put that in a post?
    See where I'm coming from?
    There really is no reason to rip him for not being a QB guru if he never was one or if he didn't self-proclaim himself to be one.

  6. #26
    erik5032's Avatar
    erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Oconto, WI
    Posts
    1,779

    Re: Vikings Release John David Booty

    "ejmat" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    [quote author=i_bleed_purple link=topic=53656.msg1005207#msg1005207 date=1255545443]
    [quote author=jkjuggalo link=topic=53656.msg1005192#msg1005192 date=1255543136]
    Good.
    I have never been as disappointed in a QB pick as I was when we drafted JDB.
    I saw him as at best a third string guy.


    thats what we said about Shaun Hill.
    You mean the same Shaun Hill that had a 45 QB rating against the Seahawks?
    Hill wouldn't be the first QB to go on and have flashes of brilliance with another team.
    I can't help but wonder if our [size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]QB guru isn't such a QB guru after all [/size][/size][/size][/size]and instead is holding them back developmentally.


    Granted, most of these QBs who went on ended up fizzling out rather quickly so who knows.
    Favre has looked good so far but it's hard to say this current organization has had anything to do with that other than pursuing him and getting him to sign.
    Let's go back and revisit.
    Childress never touted himself as being a QB guru.
    This is a label the media gave him.
    He has not done that well with the QB situation until this year but he was never a QB guru to begin with.
    I didn't say he touted himself as a QB guru...but fact is he was touted as one - whether it was fair or not.
    Most coaches don't tout themselves as anything, yet they still get ripped when they don't meet specific expectations.


    [/quote]


    That is true.
    But that is why I don't get even mentioning it.
    We all know he is not a QB guru.
    I believe he does as well.
    Therefore, why put that in a post?
    See where I'm coming from?
    There really is no reason to rip him for not being a QB guru if he never was one or if he didn't self-proclaim himself to be one.
    [/quote]

    He DID see talent in Brett Favre! He is a QB Guru...
    [size=5pt]Note Sarcasm
    :[/size]

  7. #27
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Vikings Release John David Booty

    "ejmat" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    [quote author=i_bleed_purple link=topic=53656.msg1005207#msg1005207 date=1255545443]
    [quote author=jkjuggalo link=topic=53656.msg1005192#msg1005192 date=1255543136]
    Good.
    I have never been as disappointed in a QB pick as I was when we drafted JDB.
    I saw him as at best a third string guy.


    thats what we said about Shaun Hill.
    You mean the same Shaun Hill that had a 45 QB rating against the Seahawks?
    Hill wouldn't be the first QB to go on and have flashes of brilliance with another team.
    I can't help but wonder if our [size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]QB guru isn't such a QB guru after all [/size][/size][/size][/size]and instead is holding them back developmentally.



    Granted, most of these QBs who went on ended up fizzling out rather quickly so who knows.
    Favre has looked good so far but it's hard to say this current organization has had anything to do with that other than pursuing him and getting him to sign.
    Let's go back and revisit.
    Childress never touted himself as being a QB guru.
    This is a label the media gave him.
    He has not done that well with the QB situation until this year but he was never a QB guru to begin with.
    I didn't say he touted himself as a QB guru...but fact is he was touted as one - whether it was fair or not.
    Most coaches don't tout themselves as anything, yet they still get ripped when they don't meet specific expectations.


    [/quote]

    That is true.
    But that is why I don't get even mentioning it.
    We all know he is not a QB guru.
    I believe he does as well.
    Therefore, why put that in a post?
    See where I'm coming from?
    There really is no reason to rip him for not being a QB guru if he never was one or if he didn't self-proclaim himself to be one.
    [/quote]

    Alright, then substitute the section above highlighted and bolded in red with the word "Head Coach".
    Post still works.
    ;D

  8. #28
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Vikings Release John David Booty

    "ejmat" wrote:
    Let's go back and revisit.
    Childress never touted himself as being a QB guru.
    This is a label the media gave him.
    He has not done that well with the QB situation until this year but he was never a QB guru to begin with.
    Can't believe that still comes out.
    I've posted his resume so many times.
    If he is anything, he is a RB guru.
    At least that is what his background shows it to be.

    Again, something the damn local hacks dreamed up when he was signed and spewed forth for the mindless masses to grab ahold of and believe.

    As for JDB.
    I guess I am wondering why release a QB from the PS instead of someone else.......

    Most recent thing I can find.....

    RB Ian Johnson
    TE Garrett Mills
    OT Chris Clark
    OT Drew Radovich
    WR Nick Moore
    DT Tremaine Johnson
    S Colt Anderson.
    QB John David Booty
    C Kory Lichtensteiger

    http://www.vikingsgab.com/2009/09/07...ractice-squad/

    Why not Mills or one of the other OT's?

    Anyways, just when I was getting to like the Chiller again, he does something that makes me want to scratch my slightly balding head.


    Probably a FO move.
    Damn Spielman.
    >
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #29
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Vikings Release John David Booty

    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=53656.msg1005213#msg1005213 date=1255546447]
    [quote author=i_bleed_purple link=topic=53656.msg1005207#msg1005207 date=1255545443]
    [quote author=jkjuggalo link=topic=53656.msg1005192#msg1005192 date=1255543136]
    Good.
    I have never been as disappointed in a QB pick as I was when we drafted JDB.
    I saw him as at best a third string guy.


    thats what we said about Shaun Hill.
    You mean the same Shaun Hill that had a 45 QB rating against the Seahawks?
    Hill wouldn't be the first QB to go on and have flashes of brilliance with another team.
    I can't help but wonder if our [size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]QB guru isn't such a QB guru after all [/size][/size][/size][/size]and instead is holding them back developmentally.



    Granted, most of these QBs who went on ended up fizzling out rather quickly so who knows.
    Favre has looked good so far but it's hard to say this current organization has had anything to do with that other than pursuing him and getting him to sign.
    Let's go back and revisit.
    Childress never touted himself as being a QB guru.
    This is a label the media gave him.
    He has not done that well with the QB situation until this year but he was never a QB guru to begin with.
    I didn't say he touted himself as a QB guru...but fact is he was touted as one - whether it was fair or not.
    Most coaches don't tout themselves as anything, yet they still get ripped when they don't meet specific expectations.


    [/quote]

    That is true.
    But that is why I don't get even mentioning it.
    We all know he is not a QB guru.
    I believe he does as well.
    Therefore, why put that in a post?
    See where I'm coming from?
    There really is no reason to rip him for not being a QB guru if he never was one or if he didn't self-proclaim himself to be one.
    [/quote]

    Alright, then substitute the section above highlighted and bolded in red with the word "Head Coach".
    Post still works.
    ;D
    [/quote]

    Fair enough
    ;D
    Just remember you are talking to someone that doesn't believe he is doing that bad of a job at HC though.
    He has built a nice team and has the guys getting along very well.
    That is part of his job.
    He game plans and teaches.
    It is up to players to learn and execute.


    Yes he has made mistakes along the way but show me one coach that has not.
    He has a winning record as a HC.
    He has a team that enjoys playing for him.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Isanti, MN
    Posts
    981

    Re: Vikings Release John David Booty

    Good.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 11-02-2009, 12:22 AM
  2. What do yall think about John David Booty
    By VirginiaViking8907 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 01-22-2009, 05:39 PM
  3. Congratz Mr. Anderson on the John David Booty (4) G!!!
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-03-2008, 08:27 AM
  4. KFAN Interview with John David Booty 5/7/08
    By VikingMike in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-18-2008, 01:57 AM
  5. John David Booty wants on Vikes?
    By Potus2028 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 04-18-2008, 03:37 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •