Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Vikings Release John David Booty

"jkjuggalo" wrote:
    BTW, with Quinn selling his house in Cleveland, is it possible we are making an effort to bring him here and this is just part of the process?
    Doubtful.
    We still have three QBs on roster, and we aren't really looking to add any more.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jkjuggalo" wrote:
    BTW, with Quinn selling his house in Cleveland, is it possible we are making an effort to bring him here and this is just part of the process?
    Doubtful.
    We still have three QBs on roster, and we aren't really looking to add any more.
    Yeah...I'm not even sure he is an upgrade over Sage or Jackson TBH.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "jkjuggalo" wrote:
    Good.
    I have never been as disappointed in a QB pick as I was when we drafted JDB.
    I saw him as at best a third string guy.

thats what we said about Shaun Hill.
    You mean the same Shaun Hill that had a 45 QB rating against the Seahawks?
    Hill wouldn't be the first QB to go on and have flashes of brilliance with another team.
    I can't help but wonder if our [size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]QB guru isn't such a QB guru after all [/size][/size][/size][/size]and instead is holding them back developmentally.

Granted, most of these QBs who went on ended up fizzling out rather quickly so who knows.
    Favre has looked good so far but it's hard to say this current organization has had anything to do with that other than pursuing him and getting him to sign.
    Let's go back and revisit.
    Childress never touted himself as being a QB guru.
    This is a label the media gave him.
    He has not done that well with the QB situation until this year but he was never a QB guru to begin with.

"ejmat" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "jkjuggalo" wrote:
    Good.

Hill wouldn't be the first QB to go on and have flashes of brilliance with another team.
    I can't help but wonder if our [size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]QB guru isn't such a QB guru after all [/size][/size][/size][/size]and instead is holding them back developmentally.

Granted, most of these QBs who went on ended up fizzling out rather quickly so who knows.
    Favre has looked good so far but it's hard to say this current organization has had anything to do with that other than pursuing him and getting him to sign.
    He has not done that well with the QB situation until this year but he was never a QB guru to begin with.
    I didn't say he touted himself as a QB guru...but fact is he was touted as one - whether it was fair or not.
    Most coaches don't tout themselves as anything, yet they still get ripped when they don't meet specific expectations.

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    [quote author=jkjuggalo link=topic=53656.msg1005192#msg1005192 date=1255543136]
    Good.

I didn't say he touted himself as a QB guru...but fact is he was touted as one - whether it was fair or not.
    Most coaches don't tout themselves as anything, yet they still get ripped when they don't meet specific expectations.

[/quote]

That is true.
    But that is why I don't get even mentioning it.
    We all know he is not a QB guru.
    I believe he does as well.
    Therefore, why put that in a post?
    See where I'm coming from?
    There really is no reason to rip him for not being a QB guru if he never was one or if he didn't self-proclaim himself to be one.

erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

"ejmat" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    [quote author=i_bleed_purple link=topic=53656.msg1005207#msg1005207 date=1255545443]
    Good.

[/quote]

That is true.
    There really is no reason to rip him for not being a QB guru if he never was one or if he didn't self-proclaim himself to be one.
    [/quote]

He DID see talent in Brett Favre! He is a QB Guru...
    [size=5pt]Note Sarcasm
    :[/size]

"ejmat" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    [quote author=i_bleed_purple link=topic=53656.msg1005207#msg1005207 date=1255545443]
    Good.

[/quote]

That is true.
    [/quote]

Alright, then substitute the section above highlighted and bolded in red with the word "Head Coach".
    Post still works.
    ;D

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"ejmat" wrote:
    Can't believe that still comes out.
    I've posted his resume so many times.
    If he is anything, he is a RB guru.
    At least that is what his background shows it to be.

Again, something the damn local hacks dreamed up when he was signed and spewed forth for the mindless masses to grab ahold of and believe.

As for JDB.
    I guess I am wondering why release a QB from the PS instead of someone else.......

Most recent thing I can find.....

RB Ian Johnson
    TE Garrett Mills
    OT Chris Clark
    OT Drew Radovich
    WR Nick Moore
    DT Tremaine Johnson
    S Colt Anderson.
    QB John David Booty
    C Kory Lichtensteiger

http://www.vikingsgab.com/2009/09/07...ractice-squad/

Why not Mills or one of the other OT's?

Anyways, just when I was getting to like the Chiller again, he does something that makes me want to scratch my slightly balding head.

Probably a FO move.
    Damn Spielman.
    >
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=53656.msg1005213#msg1005213 date=1255546447]
    Good.

[/quote]

That is true.
    [/quote]

Alright, then substitute the section above highlighted and bolded in red with the word "Head Coach".
    Post still works.
    ;D
    [/quote]

Fair enough
    ;D
    Just remember you are talking to someone that doesn't believe he is doing that bad of a job at HC though.
    He has built a nice team and has the guys getting along very well.
    That is part of his job.
    He game plans and teaches.
    It is up to players to learn and execute.

Yes he has made mistakes along the way but show me one coach that has not.
    He has a winning record as a HC.
    He has a team that enjoys playing for him.

Good.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast