Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 56
  1. #41
    Formo's Avatar
    Formo is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,664
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    I absolutely think that Ray Guy should be in the HoF. It is a sad state of affairs that he isn't, and I believe it is because people like you can't look past his position to see the impact he had on the game.

    If no punter deserves to be in the HoF, then why even have a punter on the team? If their contribution is so minimal ("They don't score points. They don't defend points") than what is the point? Oh yeah... it is because without the ability to punt a team would lose because they would basically be giving up points every time the offense failed to move past the 50 - something that happens every game.
    Exactly.. Football is a field position game. Special teams play a HUGE role in that. And directly factors for at least 2-3 Wins/Losses every season.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

  2. #42
    kingpin9995 is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    175
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    ah, kingpin. We missed you. Were you behaved enough your mom gave you back your internet privilege?
    My lord, can't you come up with something a bit more inventive than that sorry line about mommy letting me go back on the pc? I've been chosen to bring this board back a bit of flavor. My mom told me it needs it and I am the man for the job. She told me that if I do good I will get extra time on my Xbox NFL Madden where I have been hard pressed to find a HOF punter to play on my team. There is a reason that no full time punter has not been named. It's not some conspiracy. It's not happened because there is no critera to even think about it for some guy like Crissy Kluwe to warrant consideration. They are a dime a dozen. Name me quickly the four punters from the NFC North, and don't look it up.... Ding ding ding................I win again.

  3. #43
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,776
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin9995 View Post
    My lord, can't you come up with something a bit more inventive than that sorry line about mommy letting me go back on the pc?

    no

  4. #44
    Minniman's Avatar
    Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,369
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin9995 View Post
    Name me quickly the four punters from the NFC North, and don't look it up.... Ding ding ding................I win again.
    You win again? You asked us to name three punters worthy of the HoF, and I gave you them.

    As a reply to this; name me quickly the starting strong safety from each team in the NFC North. How about the long snappers? How about the gunners? Punt returners? Weakside linebackers? Right guard? You can name them all without looking at websites?

  5. #45
    kingpin9995 is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    175
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    You win again? You asked us to name three punters worthy of the HoF, and I gave you them.

    As a reply to this; name me quickly the starting strong safety from each team in the NFC North. How about the long snappers? How about the gunners? Punt returners? Weakside linebackers? Right guard? You can name them all without looking at websites?
    Foolish argument. Every position you name there I can rattle off HOF players EXCEPT LONG SNAPPER. There is the other position that does not belong in any talk of HOF and probably there are not any long snappers in the hall unless they were exceptional at it and it went along with full time snap duties. Are you going to sit there now and tell me a long snapper like the great Mike Morris deserves to be in the NFL because he never lets say missed a perfect snap back to the holder? By your logic the best long snappers of all time deserve to be in the HOF also, correct? Same for gunners.. Are we to have HOF gunners now too since they are a part of the total team chemistry? As for punt returners only one that actually was more than a returner would ever get into the HOF.

    I see Crissy got a new job punting. Who signed him, the Gay Coalition Flaming Arrows?

  6. #46
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin9995 View Post
    I see Crissy got a new job punting. Who signed him, the Gay Coalition Flaming Arrows?
    Do you work to be this offensive, or does it come naturally for you?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  7. #47
    Minniman's Avatar
    Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,369
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin9995 View Post
    Foolish argument. Every position you name there I can rattle off HOF players EXCEPT LONG SNAPPER.
    I asked for NFC North starters. As was your question about starting punters.

    My HoF answer was in regard to your "I win again" comment. You would likely win at Jeopardy if you disregarded the other players as well.

    I see Crissy got a new job punting. Who signed him, the Gay Coalition Flaming Arrows?
    Really?

    Be careful, your true colors are shining through.

  8. #48
    Minniman's Avatar
    Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,369
    Chris Kluwe's exit based on play, Vikings ST coach says

    By Dan Hanzus at NFL.com:

    When the Minnesota Vikings made the decision to release Chris Kluwe, it was speculated that the punter's outspokenness on issues outside football contributed to his exit.

    Not so, says Vikings special teams coordinator Mike Priefer, who told reporters Wednesday that the decision was based purely on performance.

    "It was more consistency and productivity," Priefer said from Vikings minicamp, according to KSTP-AM ....

    Kluwe is coming off a strong statistical season by his standards, but he was a middling performer from a league standpoint. Priefer says Kluwe's outspokenness didn't hurt him. We don't imagine it helped.
    Chris Kluwe's exit based on play, Vikings ST coach says - NFL.com

    Mike Priefer felt 'very strongly' Vikings needed to dump Chris Kluwe

  9. #49
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,219
    the Vikings' special teams coordinator said after Wednesday's minicamp practice he felt "very strongly" in writing his postseason evaluation that Kluwe had to go.

    "It was more consistency and productivity," Priefer said in a response to a question about what factors, statistical or otherwise, contributed to the decision.

    He was consistently getting on Priefer's nerves with his antics & opinions & he was becoming more productive in his personal agenda.

    His latest agenda, trying to get gay players to come out of the closet may have been crossing the line on off-field issues to on-field issues.
    Last edited by singersp; 06-20-2013 at 05:50 AM.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  10. #50
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,275
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    He was consistently getting on Priefer's nerves with his antics & opinions & he was becoming more productive in his personal agenda.

    His latest agenda, trying to get gay players to come out of the closet may have been crossing the line on off-field issues to on-field issues.
    Why do you think that would bother a team? Do you think the Vikings and NFL want to keep gay players from coming out?
    I'm pretty sure the move was all about money. 1.5million is a ton for a punter, especially an average one.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •