Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 56
  1. #31
    MossMems is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    51
    Good riddance. He can go fight for gay rights and kick to Hester with Seattle now.

  2. #32
    kingpin9995 is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    185
    Quote Originally Posted by MossMems View Post
    Good riddance. He can go fight for gay rights and kick to Hester with Seattle now.
    Good riddance with this goof. He's one of those guys that has to have an agenda and a comment on every aspect of life and morality. It gets old after a while and wears on people whether you like it or not. It's like being a boss in any regular job that just can't keep his nose where it don't belong and has to have an opinion on EVERYTHING. Let's face facts , the guy had an agenda that included getting on every radio show he could to get his name out there and promote himself. The Ray Guy thing I think was the last straw for the Vikings. This guy was an 8 year or so veteran. He was middle of the pack punter that was due to make almost a mil and a half. Tell me why the Vikings need to keep him around? They don't owe him shit but a bunch of money for a punter that was not earning it at that price. They got a guy for almost one fourth of that and he was the best punter in college last year. You spouted your irritating mouth off once to often Crissy... I'm sure not if he does not get picked up the entire league will be blamed as being gay bashing insensitve dinks.. Blah blah blah.. Go play in your band Crissy.

  3. #33
    smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    884
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin9995 View Post
    Good riddance with this goof. He's one of those guys that has to have an agenda and a comment on every aspect of life and morality. It gets old after a while and wears on people whether you like it or not. It's like being a boss in any regular job that just can't keep his nose where it don't belong and has to have an opinion on EVERYTHING. Let's face facts , the guy had an agenda that included getting on every radio show he could to get his name out there and promote himself. The Ray Guy thing I think was the last straw for the Vikings. This guy was an 8 year or so veteran. He was middle of the pack punter that was due to make almost a mil and a half. Tell me why the Vikings need to keep him around? They don't owe him shit but a bunch of money for a punter that was not earning it at that price. They got a guy for almost one fourth of that and he was the best punter in college last year. You spouted your irritating mouth off once to often Crissy... I'm sure not if he does not get picked up the entire league will be blamed as being gay bashing insensitve dinks.. Blah blah blah.. Go play in your band Crissy.
    From Mr. tolerance, a guy with the sensitivity to call someone a spearchucker.
    How the hell did you get back on this site?

  4. #34
    kingpin9995 is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    185
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    From Mr. tolerance, a guy with the sensitivity to call someone a spearchucker.
    How the hell did you get back on this site?
    I think you have a problem with racism. To leap from my use of spear chucker to that of a racial nature
    is disturbing. Some sensitivity training may be in order for you. I sure hope Crissy finda a job punting
    the ball for someone.

    By the way his foolishness with the Ray Guy hall of fame talk was just more of his self promotion.
    Name me three punters in NFL history that you would consider putting in the HOF? Catch my drift?

  5. #35
    Minniman's Avatar
    Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,415
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin9995 View Post
    By the way his foolishness with the Ray Guy hall of fame talk was just more of his self promotion.
    Name me three punters in NFL history that you would consider putting in the HOF? Catch my drift?
    Sammy Baugh - He is already in as a QB though.

    Ray Guy - He showed the modern NFL that hang time meant no returns. Later, he used the sideline to eliminate returns and to kick the ball in the corner. He was not far and away better than his peers, but he was the best known punter in the game. Players actually dreaded his punts, and I do not believe that can be said about another punter in the NFL.

    Shane Lechler - He may be the best NFL punter of all time.

  6. #36
    tarkenton10's Avatar
    tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,200
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    Sammy Baugh - He is already in as a QB though.

    Ray Guy - He showed the modern NFL that hang time meant no returns. Later, he used the sideline to eliminate returns and to kick the ball in the corner. He was not far and away better than his peers, but he was the best known punter in the game. Players actually dreaded his punts, and I do not believe that can be said about another punter in the NFL.

    Shane Lechler - He may be the best NFL punter of all time.
    I believe Ray Guy was the best punter ever and he should be in the HOF. I think many Raiders are not in the HOF because of Al Davis and his often antisocial behavior with the NFL. But Guy was the best Punter I have ever seen.

    There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

  7. #37
    kingpin9995 is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    185
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    I believe Ray Guy was the best punter ever and he should be in the HOF. I think many Raiders are not in the HOF because of Al Davis and his often antisocial behavior with the NFL. But Guy was the best Punter I have ever seen.
    It's ridiculous. You can't have HOF consideration for a position that you can't even have a reasonable conversation about WHO should get in when you can't even relay but two guys , with one being a qb. As Mike Tyson would say.. it's LUDICROUS..

    They don't score points. They don't defend points. They rarely tackle if thats what you want to call what most of them do. They punt a ball down the field. They have no consideration to be in any HOF , and if it were not for Ray Guys name , THE SUBJECT WOULD NEVER COME UP. I'd like to see his life time stats compared to todays punters as far as average. I don't think you will see some mind blowing number....

  8. #38
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin9995 View Post
    It's ridiculous. You can't have HOF consideration for a position that you can't even have a reasonable conversation about WHO should get in when you can't even relay but two guys , with one being a qb. As Mike Tyson would say.. it's LUDICROUS..

    They don't score points. They don't defend points. They rarely tackle if thats what you want to call what most of them do. They punt a ball down the field. They have no consideration to be in any HOF , and if it were not for Ray Guys name , THE SUBJECT WOULD NEVER COME UP. I'd like to see his life time stats compared to todays punters as far as average. I don't think you will see some mind blowing number....
    ah, kingpin. We missed you. Were you behaved enough your mom gave you back your internet privilege?

  9. #39
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin9995 View Post
    It's ridiculous. You can't have HOF consideration for a position that you can't even have a reasonable conversation about WHO should get in when you can't even relay but two guys , with one being a qb. As Mike Tyson would say.. it's LUDICROUS..

    They don't score points. They don't defend points. They rarely tackle if thats what you want to call what most of them do. They punt a ball down the field. They have no consideration to be in any HOF , and if it were not for Ray Guys name , THE SUBJECT WOULD NEVER COME UP. I'd like to see his life time stats compared to todays punters as far as average. I don't think you will see some mind blowing number....
    I absolutely think that Ray Guy should be in the HoF. It is a sad state of affairs that he isn't, and I believe it is because people like you can't look past his position to see the impact he had on the game.

    If no punter deserves to be in the HoF, then why even have a punter on the team? If their contribution is so minimal ("They don't score points. They don't defend points") than what is the point? Oh yeah... it is because without the ability to punt a team would lose because they would basically be giving up points every time the offense failed to move past the 50 - something that happens every game.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  10. #40
    Minniman's Avatar
    Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,415
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin9995 View Post
    It's ridiculous. You can't have HOF consideration for a position that you can't even have a reasonable conversation about WHO should get in when you can't even relay but two guys , with one being a qb. As Mike Tyson would say.. it's LUDICROUS..

    They don't score points. They don't defend points. They rarely tackle if thats what you want to call what most of them do. They punt a ball down the field. They have no consideration to be in any HOF , and if it were not for Ray Guys name , THE SUBJECT WOULD NEVER COME UP.
    You asked for three names; I gave you three names.

    Sammy Baugh - He is likely the best punter of his era. He is already in the HoF as a QB though.

    Ray Guy - He showed the NFL that hang time meant no returns. Later, he used the sideline to eliminate returns and to kick the ball in the corner. He was not far and away better than his peers, but he was the best known punter in the game. Players actually dreaded his punts, and I do not believe that can be said about another punter in the NFL.

    Shane Lechler - He may be the best NFL punter of all time. He was still active as of last season.

    I'd like to see his life time stats compared to todays punters as far as average. I don't think you will see some mind blowing number....
    Ray Guy's lifetime stats are not super compared to today's players. Neither are many quarterbacks' and receivers' stats either. Today's game is not the same game. Players are bigger and faster than they once were.

    The point is that Ray Guy showed how to make punts work with hang time greater than other punters. After Ray Guy entered the NFL, just kicking the ball as deep as a punter could would not get it done anymore. Punt returners hated to face Ray Guy because the hang time usually meant a fair catch or a quick hit by one of the gunners which could be pretty hard considering the Raiders liked to use veteran defensive backs on special teams.

    Shane Lechler has the best stats for a punter with five or more seasons experience. He may be the best ever at his position. Should he be overlooked because some people do not understand the importance of special teams and field position in the game of football? I hope not.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •