Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    I'm not gonna miss him a bit and it has nothing to do with his off the field stuff. I'm sick and tired of watching this cat shank one when we need one not shanked, or out kicking the coverage just to keep his yards per kick up.

As with the Shortwell move last year, this team just got better. A kid that can boom it as a punter and provides some real nice depth behind Blair if he gets hurt.

Win win if you ask me.
    Not sure he can boom it farther than Kluwe, but he's younger, cheaper, a lefty & doesn't bring the off-field controversies that Kluwe brought (that may have already spilled into the locker room & on field).

With Ponder as our QB, there's 3 things the Vikings have to have in order to win ball games.

1. AD or another 2,000+ yards rusher.
    2. A FG kicker that can make FG's over 50 yards.
    3. A punter who can boom it deep.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moss View Post
    This is so disappointing. Kluwe is my all-time favorite VIking, I really hope he catches on elsewhere. I still am not convinced that he didn't get cut at least in part for his off the field "issues" (ie: being a good person).
    We probably haven't heard the last from Kluwe yet. Perhaps he will make a captioned Hitler parody about his release.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Vikings release Chris Kluwe

I actually was going to search YouTube to see if Hitler reacted to Kluwes release. That could be mildly entertaining.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    With Ponder as our QB, there's 3 things the Vikings have to have in order to win ball games.

Well then we're set.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Marrdro is online now Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Not sure he can boom it farther than Kluwe, but he's younger, cheaper, a lefty & doesn't bring the off-field controversies that Kluwe brought (that may have already spilled into the locker room & on field).

You forgot 4.....

4. When you get to the playoffs make sure Ponder is under Center.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Cheers Kluwe, it's been fun having you around!! Sorry you had to go, but when your best net average ever is only good for 17 out of 32 teams and your accuracy pinning it deep ranks 2nd worst, it is time for an upgrade. Specially with our old school, eat clock, field position style of football!! Like Blair Walsh last season, this is a big, and could be huge, but underrated move to improve our chances of winning every game.

Best of Luck Buddy!! Keep slappin da bass and rockin the freedom of speech, cuz there's too many out there that just aren't thinking enough!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Marrdro is online now Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    What would happen if an aging, high salary player who was very outspoken in favor of traditional marriage and Christian beliefs was cut after a sub-par season? Nothing.

Like I said, I really didnít want to comment on any of this. That was until I saw the raging hypocrisy started to surface. Please see it for what it is people. Hypocrisy and Cowardess.
    My 2 cents on the pouting punters release - The Viking Age - A Minnesota Vikings Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and more.

Bingo.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    You forgot 4.....

4. When you get to the playoffs make sure Ponder is under Center.
    5. When you get to the playoffs make sure Webb is not under Center

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

THIS

As already stated. A punter is "usually" a pretty easy position to replace. We all knew it was going to happen. You don't use a draft pick on a punter that wont be playing. Money was saved, youth was brung, future looks bright for the entire organization. No need to turn the release of a punter into a negative happening; cough cough Dayton...

I think it works out better for Kluwe being done earlier rather than later. He now has more time to find work elsewhere. I wish him the best of luck on the rest of his NFL career.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    Cheers Kluwe, it's been fun having you around!! Sorry you had to go, but when your best net average ever is only good for 17 out of 32 teams and your accuracy pinning it deep ranks 2nd worst, it is time for an upgrade. Specially with our old school, eat clock, field position style of football!!
    That is about it. Kluwe did not do himself any favors with his play on the field.

Like Blair Walsh last season, this is a big, and could be huge, but underrated move to improve our chances of winning every game.
    I am not sure if the Vikings drafted the best punter available. He may be the most versatile, but he has not shown to be any better than Kluwe.

Best of Luck Buddy!! Keep slappin da bass and rockin the freedom of speech, cuz there's too many out there that just aren't thinking enough!
    I agree. As it is, this is just another side show topic used to distract the masses. Too many people do not understand how wedge issues work; they do not care to understand the big picture. Then again, who are we to say anything different; the NFL is just a circus. We watch our gladiators do battle, and then we retire to our homes for a bit of bread.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast