Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Vikings release Chris Kluwe

Saw the writing on the wall when we drafted Loeke. I'm gonna miss the guy, hopefully Loeke will make us forget him like Walsh has done with Longwell

Vikings cut ties with Punter Chris Kluwe | Vikings Blog - KFAN Sports Radio FM 100.3 - The Fan

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Saw the writing on the wall when we drafted Loeke. I'm gonna miss the guy, hopefully Loeke will make us forget him like Walsh has done with Longwell

Vikings cut ties with Punter Chris Kluwe | Vikings Blog - KFAN Sports Radio FM 100.3 - The Fan
    That was a pretty quick competition.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    As I have said. I don't think he was the starter who was in most need of replacing but if they feel they upgraded him with a younger, cheaper alternative then I guess it is OK.

I will say one thing. If this is only because of off the field things then I think it is a bit of a double standard that they keep one guy on the roster who chokes the crap out of his girlfriend and even pay his salary while he is off the team but gets rid of a guy for what he says when he is off the clock. That is, if that is why he was cut.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    As I have said. I don't think he was the starter who was in most need of replacing but if they feel they upgraded him with a younger, cheaper alternative then I guess it is OK.

I will say one thing. If this is only because of off the field things then I think it is a bit of a double standard that they keep one guy on the roster who chokes the crap out of his girlfriend and even pay his salary while he is off the team but gets rid of a guy for what he says when he is off the clock. That is, if that is why he was cut.
    Trouble is Kluwe is replacable. Once you get past the fact he's a fan favourite, he didn't play super great last season, and you can get another punter to perform at that level. Unless your punter is Lechler, I understand from a business perspective why it's easy to replace a punter.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    I'm not gonna miss him a bit and it has nothing to do with his off the field stuff. I'm sick and tired of watching this cat shank one when we need one not shanked, or out kicking the coverage just to keep his yards per kick up.

As with the Shortwell move last year, this team just got better. A kid that can boom it as a punter and provides some real nice depth behind Blair if he gets hurt.

Win win if you ask me.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

VIPER420 is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    I'm not gonna miss him a bit and it has nothing to do with his off the field stuff. I'm sick and tired of watching this cat shank one when we need one not shanked, or out kicking the coverage just to keep his yards per kick up.

As with the Shortwell move last year, this team just got better. A kid that can boom it as a punter and provides some real nice depth behind Blair if he gets hurt.

Win win if you ask me.
    +1

I too think it was time for this. Not only the numerous shanks, but also all the off-field topics he seemed to have to stick his nose into.

Sometimes it's best for someone to just keep their mouth shut. The public and media will usually take it out of context or too serious.

Good riddance.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Vikings release Chris Kluwe

As I said in the other punter thread...salary move at the most interchangeable position on the Team. No brainer, IMHO...+ a potential upgrade with reverse spin on his punts.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Minniman is online now Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by idahovikefan7 View Post
    I too think it was time for this. Not only the numerous shanks, but also all the off-field topics he seemed to have to stick his nose into.

Sometimes it's best for someone to just keep their mouth shut. The public and media will usually take it out of context or too serious.
    As I recall, his comments were originally to balance some anti-gay sentiments stated by another NFL player.

As I have stated, perhaps Kluwe needed to do better on the field to keep his job, but this hatred toward him because of his personal views is unjustifiable. It would be sad to think the Vikings have coaches that are intolerant enough to go out of their way to cut a player for sticking up for human rights issues.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast