Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    heavyhitta is offline Waterboy

Re: Vikings Release 8 Players

Well the Vikes will be in grievance with K Rob for the fact that he maintains his innocence, he is not pleading guilty to charges, more than likely his cases will happen after the season and the league will not suspend him if in fact he is proven guilty of the DUI until after the court proceedings.
    Again, the vikes new regime didnt only screw up, but they left one of their own hanging.....whatever brad is trying to prove, im not buying..they could have used k rob for this season and possibly make smart moves afterwards.....he gave up nate B, Pepp and now his #1 receiver who he said he was going to sit by...the preseason is by no means an indication of the season....man, i hope its not gonna be a long one.

ViKing24 is offline Asst. Coach

branch is totally sick man

Formerly Viking24

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"kramer9guy" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    I am really quite shocked that 1 of the 8 released was not JT O'Sucksalot.. If that haven't noticed by now, that guy just plain sucks.. He is horrible.. The Vikes against the Ravens had 1st and goal on the 6 yd line, and that guy can't even get a TD.. He threw the ball into the endzone, with like a 3 man coverage.. They should get rid of him soon..
    Sad as it may be, JT O'Sucksalot is out performing McMahon 2 to 1 in passing & QB rating this preseason.
    Based on the stats, McMahon should go before O'Sullivan, but McMahon is still our No.2 on the depth charts. I'm a little worried that our No. 2
    QB has only a 23.7% QB rating & has only completed 25% of his passes on a WCO team.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/stats/MIN

You are right on the money Singer. Stats and play would indicate that McMahon should be the one cut, not O'Sullivan. From an unbiased standpoint regarding McMahon and O'Sullivan (I've supported both from the beginning), I feel no need to jump on the "O'Sucksalot" bandwagon. I see a passion and ability in O'Sullivan that I do not see in McMahon.

In the end, I think it could go one of three ways:

-McMahon may be released to compete for a second string job elsewhere. Because Tavaris has easily won the backup job here and personally, I have absolutely no problem with J.T. O'Sullivan being our third string bench warmer. If the time came where Brad went down, we could bring in another vet to backup Tavaris over J.T.

-McMahon stays as our 2nd string guy, and if the time comes where he has to start some games, if he fails to win games, Tavaris comes in and McMahon is demoted.

-Release both McMahon and O'Sullivan and bring in a casualty from another team's preseason cuts (Nall, Holcomb, etc...) to learn our system as the season progresses.

Personally, I would prefer the first scenerio, but we're gonna have to wait and see what Childress does.

If that is the case, I would prefer to see the Vikes cut both McMahon, and O'Sucksalot, and bring in someone like Kerry Collins as the #3 QB behind TJ.. TJ has flat out earned the backup position.. I would feel much more comfortable as the rookie TJ as our backup then either of the other 2..

It wouldn't shock me at all to see both cut by week 1.. They do however need to bring in someone else for depth.. Collins would be a good pickup as he has been a starter in the NFL before.. He has the experience, and with both he, and BJ on the staff, that will only help TJ along.. Anyone else up for that?

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "kramer9guy" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    I am really quite shocked that 1 of the 8 released was not JT O'Sucksalot.. If that haven't noticed by now, that guy just plain sucks.. He is horrible.. The Vikes against the Ravens had 1st and goal on the 6 yd line, and that guy can't even get a TD.. He threw the ball into the endzone, with like a 3 man coverage.. They should get rid of him soon..
    Sad as it may be, JT O'Sucksalot is out performing McMahon 2 to 1 in passing & QB rating this preseason.
    Based on the stats, McMahon should go before O'Sullivan, but McMahon is still our No.2 on the depth charts. I'm a little worried that our No. 2
    QB has only a 23.7% QB rating & has only completed 25% of his passes on a WCO team.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/stats/MIN

You are right on the money Singer. Stats and play would indicate that McMahon should be the one cut, not O'Sullivan. From an unbiased standpoint regarding McMahon and O'Sullivan (I've supported both from the beginning), I feel no need to jump on the "O'Sucksalot" bandwagon. I see a passion and ability in O'Sullivan that I do not see in McMahon.

In the end, I think it could go one of three ways:

-McMahon may be released to compete for a second string job elsewhere. Because Tavaris has easily won the backup job here and personally, I have absolutely no problem with J.T. O'Sullivan being our third string bench warmer. If the time came where Brad went down, we could bring in another vet to backup Tavaris over J.T.

-McMahon stays as our 2nd string guy, and if the time comes where he has to start some games, if he fails to win games, Tavaris comes in and McMahon is demoted.

-Release both McMahon and O'Sullivan and bring in a casualty from another team's preseason cuts (Nall, Holcomb, etc...) to learn our system as the season progresses.

Personally, I would prefer the first scenerio, but we're gonna have to wait and see what Childress does.

If that is the case, I would prefer to see the Vikes cut both McMahon, and O'Sucksalot, and bring in someone like Kerry Collins as the #3 QB behind TJ.. TJ has flat out earned the backup position.. I would feel much more comfortable as the rookie TJ as our backup then either of the other 2..

It wouldn't shock me at all to see both cut by week 1.. They do however need to bring in someone else for depth.. Collins would be a good pickup as he has been a starter in the NFL before.. He has the experience, and with both he, and BJ on the staff, that will only help TJ along.. Anyone else up for that?
    Kerry Collins wants to be a starter. No way he would want to be the number three guy. His career is on a downslide anyway, don't want him.

I would be just as comfortable with O'Sullivan as our third QB as I was with Shaun Hill as our number three guy over the last few seasons. In the end, it doesn't really matter. If Brad went down, someone else would be brought in anyway.
    Even babies know the difference.

boognish is offline Coordinator

The only problem is that Collins would demand more money than we're currently paying Brad Johnson; kind of a sticky situation for Zygi there...he'd have to give Brad a raise.
    I am a dipshit!!!

grpape is offline Asst. Coach

Thanks Singer. I tried to search to find a thread with a cited article but couldn't.

I have no sympathy for K-Rob. He was on the verge of a possible 2002 season this year. But no he had to f*** it up by drinking cow pee. He was basically given the number 1 reciever spot and hadn't done nothing to diserve it. Since he's gone we can have somebody that wants to be the number 1 WR- Travis taylor.

The most powerful character in Final Fantasy history

heavyhitta is offline Waterboy

"vikenheel_zdl16" wrote:
    I have no sympathy for K-Rob. He was on the verge of a possible 2002 season this year. But no he had to f*** it up by drinking cow pee. He was basically given the number 1 reciever spot and hadn't done nothing to diserve it. Since he's gone we can have somebody that wants to be the number 1 WR- Travis taylor.
    .....actually he earned the #1 spot and Travis taylor couldnt hold a candle to krobs talent, lets be real here!
    Now you have a team full of #3 receivers, come on man..what is childress thinking, the dude wasnt convicted yet...he let burleson go...and peppers man...whats going on here..the def isnt that good yet to think we can pull off a patriots

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"heavyhitta" wrote:
    "vikenheel_zdl16" wrote:
    .....actually he earned the #1 spot and Travis taylor couldnt hold a candle to krobs talent, lets be real here!
    Now you have a team full of #3 receivers, come on man..what is childress thinking, the dude wasnt convicted yet...he let burleson go...and peppers man...whats going on here..the def isnt that good yet to think we can pull off a patriots

No he wasn't convicted, yet!
    But you have to be pretty stupid to believe that he wasn't guilty or that he would play for the Vikes again.
    He screwed up and your like or dislike for Childress is your problem as I see Childress doing nothing wrong letting a 4 time loser go because he endangered the lives of innocent bystanders, police officers and himself in a high speed chase drunk.
    Do you really think that they needed to wait for the trial to decide to kick his a$$ off the team, I think you need to rethink you position heavyhitta.

By the way are you supposed to be some kind of a gang member?
    Or just some suburban teenage wannabe?
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"heavyhitta" wrote:
    "vikenheel_zdl16" wrote:
    i like taylor and all, but if you watched the baltimore game, he did drop 2 or 3 passes =\, other than that he's normally a good possession reciever

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456