Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Vikings Release 8 Players

Merging this with the thread that covered it.

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries

"revprodeji" wrote:
    There needs to be some sympathy here. Koren realised he has a problem, he tried to work with it, but stumbled. Addictions are a tough thing to deal with because the trigger is the key. I feel that Koren tried, and we should have some mercy in our judgement. I know that he was realised probably more for a public-image thing than for his own offense. I could see him in jax with Bwill and tice and I wish him well.
    Thats the thing though.
    The guy is just stupid.
    What do you think Childress would rather had, a phone call from Koren saying "Hey coach I'm going to be a little late.
    I screwed up and have been drinking a little.
    I'm going to catch a cab so I don't do anything stupid" or learning about him driving drunk without a lisence while running from the police?
    Falling off the straight and narrow would have been disappointing but I bet you BC would have been understanding about it and Koren would have most likely still been on the team.

Him drinking again wasn't the problem.
    Heck for a alcholic like Koren he wasn't really even THAT drunk.
    It's the moronic choices he made that screwed him over.
    Personally I don't believe he was drunk enough to alter his thought process.
    The speeding, fleeing from police, etc.. was just pure unalcholic stupidity.
    Just like how he had been driving around for months without a valid lisence while he was sober.

boognish is offline Coordinator

"singersp" wrote:
    "boognish" wrote:
    "mystykoekaki" wrote:
    Seeya Cap't Morgan....erm, I mean Koren.
    ;D Funny stuff. Too bad that loser couldn't get it together. Have fun down in Margaritaville, ya drunk.
    : It's quite obvious no one in your family suffers from alcoholism. It is a very serious disease that kills people every year.

It's no laughing matter & I'm glad there were people around who supported me when I fell off the wagon the 1st few times I tried to maintain sobriety. It is no easy task, believe me & millions of other people.

Besides myself, there are several other family members of mine that suffer from it. It killed my uncle a few years back.

Not once did I consider any of them "losers" by any means.

I will pray that he gets it right the next time around & learns from the mistakes he made.

He made a choice & now he will have to suffer the consequences, but that's part of the learning experience.

Koren a loser? Not by a long shot. Just an alcoholic trying to find his way & making some mistakes along the way.

He's a loser in my book. He's had many opportunities to get his pooh together, both here and in Seattle. I'm getting sick of everybody having a pity party for some millionaire athlete who's selfish behavior has seriously affected this team. F!!ck him!

There are millions of people in this country with drug and alcohol problems. Most of them don't get half the chances to pull it together that this numnuts has had. He's no different than the Whizzinator; I didn't hear all of you apologists calling out for understanding and pity for poor Ontario and his dope problem. Fact is, Karen is just another troubled athlete who has messed things up for the Vikes. I have no time or pity for his sorry butt. Enjoy that bottle of Thunderbird, Karen.
    I am a dipshit!!!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Freakout" wrote:
    "revprodeji" wrote:
    There needs to be some sympathy here. Koren realised he has a problem, he tried to work with it, but stumbled. Addictions are a tough thing to deal with because the trigger is the key. I feel that Koren tried, and we should have some mercy in our judgement. I know that he was realised probably more for a public-image thing than for his own offense. I could see him in jax with Bwill and tice and I wish him well.
    Thats the thing though.
    The guy is just stupid.
    What do you think Childress would rather had, a phone call from Koren saying "Hey coach I'm going to be a little late.
    I screwed up and have been drinking a little.
    I'm going to catch a cab so I don't do anything stupid" or learning about him driving drunk without a lisence while running from the police?
    Falling off the straight and narrow would have been disappointing but I bet you BC would have been understanding about it and Koren would have most likely still been on the team.

Him drinking again wasn't the problem.
    Heck for a alcholic like Koren he wasn't really even THAT drunk.
    It's the moronic choices he made that screwed him over.
    Personally I don't believe he was drunk enough to alter his thought process.

The speeding, fleeing from police, etc.. was just pure unalcholic stupidity.
    Just like how he had been driving around for months without a valid lisence while he was sober.
    I'm not going to even take the time to explain that one. Alcohol affects the thought process period. With alcoholics it's even worse.

People don't get smarter as a result of drinking.

That's a no-brainer.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"olson_10" wrote:
    we should get branch..we saved all the money from the k rob contract, and now we can use it to sign a big name like him..the market on these type of guys is a 2nd or 3rd round pick, so i say we should get it done as soon as possible..i think Jason Carter is a lock to make the team regardless because hes shown he can be a big time player, and hes clearly got more talent than McMullen or anybody else trying out for the 4th and 5th receiver spots

I couldn't agree more with you.. I strongly believe that Carter will make the final roster.. He has shown some real talent, and for sure is better then McMullen.. I really hope that the Vikes sign Branch.. He would be a great pickup for us, and help fill the void with the release of Koren Robinson..

boognish is offline Coordinator

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    we should get branch..we saved all the money from the k rob contract, and now we can use it to sign a big name like him..the market on these type of guys is a 2nd or 3rd round pick, so i say we should get it done as soon as possible..i think Jason Carter is a lock to make the team regardless because hes shown he can be a big time player, and hes clearly got more talent than McMullen or anybody else trying out for the 4th and 5th receiver spots

I couldn't agree more with you.. I strongly believe that Carter will make the final roster.. He has shown some real talent, and for sure is better then McMullen.. I really hope that the Vikes sign Branch.. He would be a great pickup for us, and help fill the void with the release of Koren Robinson..
    Perhaps we could even package McMullen with a pick to acquire Branch. The more I think about it, the better the idea sounds. We now have the majority of Karen's salary to use to pay Branch's salary.
    I am a dipshit!!!

well , koren , i've enjoyed your stay and had high hopes for you . i hope things work out for you and you find happiness in your life.

that said , life is choices . from the time you wake up untill you find your self a sleep.

i , have litle patients for those that don't have the will power to do the things necassary to suceed in life . or even just do what is required.

i spent my whole teenage years hanging with the wrong crowd , getting arrested , getting drunk and skipping school. but when it came time to grow up and be a man.....

well you should have a good idea where this is going. lets just say i bought my house at 22 , when every 1 else my age still lived at their parents house.

some things that seem like common sence to me seem to give some people the hardest times.

http://justlube.net/?page_id=44

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"boognish" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "boognish" wrote:
    "mystykoekaki" wrote:
    Seeya Cap't Morgan....erm, I mean Koren.
    ;D Funny stuff. Too bad that loser couldn't get it together. Have fun down in Margaritaville, ya drunk.
    : It's quite obvious no one in your family suffers from alcoholism. It is a very serious disease that kills people every year.

It's no laughing matter & I'm glad there were people around who supported me when I fell off the wagon the 1st few times I tried to maintain sobriety. It is no easy task, believe me & millions of other people.

Besides myself, there are several other family members of mine that suffer from it. It killed my uncle a few years back.

Not once did I consider any of them "losers" by any means.

I will pray that he gets it right the next time around & learns from the mistakes he made.

He made a choice & now he will have to suffer the consequences, but that's part of the learning experience.

Koren a loser? Not by a long shot. Just an alcoholic trying to find his way & making some mistakes along the way.

He's a loser in my book. He's had many opportunities to get his pooh together, both here and in Seattle. I'm getting sick of everybody having a pity party for some millionaire athlete who's selfish behavior has seriously affected this team. F!!ck him!

There are millions of people in this country with drug and alcohol problems. Most of them don't get half the chances to pull it together that this numnuts has had. He's no different than the Whizzinator; I didn't hear all of you apologists calling out for understanding and pity for poor Ontario and his dope problem. Fact is, Karen is just another troubled athlete who has messed things up for the Vikes. I have no time or pity for his sorry butt. Enjoy that bottle of Thunderbird, Karen.
    None of us (well at least not me) that are "apologists" for Koren wished any ill-will towards Onterrio. We said he deserved to be cut for the same reasons that Koren did. He had multiple opportunities to clean up, and unfortunately his problems were just too frequent/distracting to justify keeping him around, especially with the kind of environment that Zygi and Childress are trying to create.

I think Koren and Onterrio are in the same boat. I think they're both incredibly talented, but also incredibly misguided young men. Both of them managed to destroy their careers due to their substance abuse, but I don't think that makes them "losers". To me, being a loser constitutes destroying your life over something easy or simple. Obviously neither of their situations are simple. Koren is an alcoholic. He's addicted, and addictions are not easy things to break.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Good luck, Koren in beating your addiction...maybe you should just shelve the football permanently and fix the problem that you have so that you can live a normal life.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

grpape is offline Asst. Coach

So what was the final numbers that we saved from releasing him?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast