Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vikings record

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    I think we will have areas that will be better than we were last year but we will be worse in a few areas too.

We are built to run the ball, and toby has been decent, but AP is till a wildcard this year. I hope he comes back and is the same guy he was but that is still to be determined.

At WR we are still thin, Simpson looks potentially good but won't be around for 3 games we need to win.

The LB group is as bad as I remember it as far as starting talent and depth. Take away Greenway, (who is a good LB but not dominant) and it gets thin like right now.

The DB group can't be worse than it was. I hope they make big strides because they need to after being one of the worst groups in history.

But the OL should be improved. They have added talent and depth to a higher degree than they have in over a decade so I am looking to hear less about them this year.

The QB situation will be pivotal. Ponder looks to be improving and he needs to and also he needs to stay healthy. With the QB's we have in the division he is going to have to put up some impressive numbers to be considered anything but a floormat in the division.

The rest of the division seems to be pretty solid so we are going to have to fight for every division win unless injuries take out a few division opponents.

I am going to stay conservative and predict a 4-12 record. f the team comes together I think we can squeak a few more out and hopefully this year is one that takes the team in the right direction.

I see alot of the same things, hoping the center of the defensive line can get some push (KWill in contract year) they get 5-11

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni
    I think 6-8 wins, with a better division record.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by NordicNed View Post
    I had my thrown, but ate that also. I hear that my name is mentioned all over the islands, whenever women get talking in the kitchen and sausage comes up as a topic. I'm in NC now and loving it here. I talked to Singer on the phone this AM, I'm going to see if I can make a trip to Minny and catch a Vikings game, and hang with the crew there. 'again, nice to be back and hope to see you all soon at a game.
    Ned

Record: 7-9
    Come for Detroit on 11/11 or Chicago on 12/9 and I'll repay you with the crackback block I owe ya!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Vikings record

Are those the only games you are going to?

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by NordicNed View Post
    As you know
    Singer, I've been away from Vikings football for almost two years, that is, I haven't followed it as closely as I'de like to. I did get to watch games, but not so much of reading post game stories and such. One thing nice being back is, I'll be able to follow them like I used to. From what I learned and watched last year, and from what I've seen and read about happening this year, I think a little more on the half glass full side. I really think we are going to be much better this season, win the Div? NOPE! But wouldn't suprise me one bit if we earned a wild card spot. And the biggest suprise we all see this year? I think it's going to be coming from Ponder himself. I won't elaborate much on it, but I think he's going to have an awesome season, which will make others around him play better and want what he wants, to win and win in style.......I think our D'backs and S positions are going to show a very nice improvement also. Now if AP can stay healthy for the season and get back to nearly being himself of the past, and if our OLine can jell faster than the NFL's norm, we may all be in for a speical and very happy season..

NordicNed

PS: Singer, i sent you an important PM.......Ned Yes, here on PPO

Ned I am sorry but no chance in hell we get a wild card.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by marstc09 View Post
    Are those the only games you are going to?
    Yes, as with last year, I have my kids on the weekends for all of the other games.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123